Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what my bike shop did when they assembled it. I'm sure there's a better way, so looking for tips here.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [chris_nwb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it was not preinstalled from Cervelo?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how dissambled it was out of the box, but I know for sure the bars and cockpit cabling had to be done by the shop.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [chris_nwb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I just inquired about what the configuration was for a shipped P3 before reading this post. Will be interesting to see what they say now that I see this. I had di2 put on my Fuji D6 and it was cleaner than that. I would think they should be able to do a better job of it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Whatleytom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatleytom wrote:
Finally got round to getting my P3 exactly the way I want it.

When I bought it it came with 3T aura bars which were nice and comfortable but reasonably weighty, and the big annoyance was that they had upturned bar ends, which did suit the Magura RT6 brakes, which are designed to be flat, they also look way way better this way, and we all no if it looks good it must be fast!

So first I swapped the bars with a 3T Brezza, flat bar ends, and s-bend extensions. This meant re cabling the hydraulic brakes which was good news as both hoses were way to long. The front was hanging out the side and causing a bit of drag. I shortened this so now it comes right out the top of the brake and up to connect to the stem where its got a small zip tie.

The rear hose also previously entered the frame through the side of the top tube, which is a bit odd, as there is space for it to enter in the top along with the gear cables. So I re-threaded it through the top and shortened it so it sits nice and tight to the frame.

All in all way cleaner.

Did you do all the re-routing yourself? was it difficult? how about the brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [favata1213] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, did all the work myself. It's fiddly, and you'll need the Magura bleed kit in order to properly do the brakes. Also requires removing the fork in order to route the rear brake hose through.

------------------------------------------
http://www.twhatley.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Whatleytom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a question directed at you, but just the general audience.

Does any one have a spare di2 bb cable guide for the p3 sitting around?

Also, possible the "cable stops" for the rear di2 derailleur or the hydraulic brakes (just need one of these)? Just updating my np3 and trying to sort out the small parts. Thanks for the help!
Last edited by: zachboring: Nov 22, 14 16:35
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any find a use for the bolt boss atop the bottom bracket
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Zach,

If you can't come up with these quickly at your local Cervélo shop, feel free to shoot me a DM or email.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My shop is like an hour away so haven't made the trek to them to order these as I can't decide if it is really worth it, if you could hook me up, that would be awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Unicron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unicron wrote:
How about we get some more pictures on this thread? Would like to see the P3 with slick aero wheels.

I have an older P3 but using Bontrager Aeolus 9's

Rain*
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, so not quite a P3, but helped a buddy configure his new P2 with the routing I am doing on my P3. He just had all his parts sooner than I did:

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Avago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Avago wrote:
have been on my new P3 for the past month and absolutely love it
Swapped out the Magura brakes for Ultegra TT brake lever / shifters and Ultegra Calipers
the Rotor cranks were also swapped out for Ultegra compacts with Stages PM
Still to come is a single behind the seat bottle holder for my spares "bottle' but I can't find one yet that fits with the Adamo Attack saddle as theres not enough of the "hole" left for an X-Lab Sonic.
Also I want to put a 30mm lifter under the arm pads to lower the base bars by 30mm

If I knew how to post a pic I would.... but I don't...

you'll have to look me up in Kona ( backhand brag... lol )

Why did you take off the Magura brakes?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bad camera pic, but almost finished. need to remove a few chain links and get single ring(and install and test) also will test levers rotated 90deg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that a hardcover top tube storage box?
Which one is it?

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [kennick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a TorHans aero bento

http://thetrinerd.co.uk/...e-torhans-aero-bento

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Last edited by: Anth: Jan 26, 15 3:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks okay I guess..... :)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bastard!! :)

I will remove the hideous stickers placed by shop as well. pic reminded me of that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up a 2014 NP3 w/ Shimano Ultegra DI2 configuration. First time riding electronic shifters (I was upgrading from a 2007 Trek E9 with Shimano 105) and I LOVE them!

So far I have made the following additions:
- Rear Derailleur shifter buttons added to right brake lever
- XLabs Tornado 100 aerobar hydration system
- XLabs Stealth Pocket 200 frame bag
- XLabs SuperWing (white) with Gorilla XL water bottle cage (currently only running one on the rear of the cage but wanted the ability to install dual cages for future longer rides)
- XLabs Mezzo Tire Bag
- Giant Aero TL Rear Flashlight

I am looking to replace the stock Mavic Cosmic Elite S wheels that came with the bike with some carbon clinchers. Currently I am looking at Reynolds Aero 58 clinchers (2013 model), Reynolds Strike clinchers (2014 model). I can get them both for approx the same price. I would love suggestions on which ones would be prefered. The Aero 58 is a little bit wider than the Strike (26 vs 25 mm) and not sure if that will be an issue. I read that the NP3 can handle 27mm wheels. Can anyone please confirm whether 26.3mm width wheel (Reynolds Aero 58) will be too wide to pass the front and rear brake pads?

Any help would be much appreciated! Looking forward to continue to ride this amazing machine. Thanks!

Chirag

Last edited by: cpatel529: Jan 27, 15 14:03
Quote Reply
The official Cervelo P3 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone experienced creaking/clicking/rumbling/reverberation with a PF30 bottom bracket in this frame?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Michael_runs,

Yes, I have. I remember this happened with the first couple of P2 and P3 bikes we received. The crank axle did not have enough grease and was causing all sorts of friction sounds inside the bottom bracket cup and bearings. I removed, cleaned, and applied liberal amounts of grease before re-installing the crank.

I also find that this process needs to be repeated every once in a while depending on what kind of conditions you ride in. This type of service might be required more often if you get caught in the heavy rain, for example.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, thanks for the reply David. Do you think having this done will also help with some reverberation/vibration I can feel originating from that area? I'm thinking of just having the whole bottom bracket replaced (and greased of course) to hopefully help with this.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As David says this is a very common issue to experience on bikes with press fit cups, especially when ridden often (or sometimes) in rainy, grimy weather. I might also recommend the Wheels MFG PF30 bb w/ angular contact bearings. That seems to be the best replacement available.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
As David says this is a very common issue to experience on bikes with press fit cups, especially when ridden often (or sometimes) in rainy, grimy weather. I might also recommend the Wheels MFG PF30 bb w/ angular contact bearings. That seems to be the best replacement available.

Have you heard anything about the new Enduro BB that is supposed to work with BBRight and the cups thread into each other? This one has angular contact bearings as well. I think it's called "TorqTite" or something along those lines.
Last edited by: michael_runs: Jan 27, 15 13:39
Quote Reply

Prev Next