Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got what you mean, my bad.
You think you can route the brake under the Ventus? Seems like it'd look awesome if you can make it work (took a close look to a Ventus and yep, it is much smaller than I thought!).

Damn, thought it would be better, at least at zero! Sure, nonsense if it doesn't fit perfectly behind the Ventus Tail (once again, my bad, that thing is tiny!).
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [jlbiscontin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i had to remove the bottom part of the ventus tail behind clamp. 2 reasons, one is to allow me to route cables through tail(flex when full turn of bars for travel) and two, the tail otherwise hits the toptube and would require spacers to work, round spacers(not aero and raises me up which i dont want)

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi!
I was adjusting the saddle height on my P3 (2017) and misread the instructions about torque spec. Instead of using "seat collar wedge" setting, which is 8 Nm I was about to use "seat clamp" setting which is 12Nm
I was using torque wrench and I never go directly to recommended torque, I set it to about 1/2 of spec and then "work" my way up - torque it up until the wrench clicks, then set it 1-2Nm higher and repeat. At about 10-11Nm I was thinking this can't be right, this is pretty tight already, so I went back and re-read the manual - that's when I realized my mistake.
I loosened it all the way back and torqued it to recommended 8Nm.

Now I'm worried I might have possibly damaged something.... Threads seem fine and I didn't hear/see anything cracking/deforming but still...
Is it possible to damage a seatpost - or worse - the frame this way? I hope that with 8Nm recommended torque, 11Nm is still below max.
Last edited by: lazybiker: Sep 29, 17 2:01
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [lazybiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have over tighten mine as well. When I loosened it up I herd a pop. I can't find anything wrong . If anything I would guess a post issue as the frame is very Stout in that area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lazybiker wrote:
Hi!
I was adjusting the saddle height on my P3 (2017) and misread the instructions about torque spec. Instead of using "seat collar wedge" setting, which is 8 Nm I was about to use "seat clamp" setting which is 12Nm
I was using torque wrench and I never go directly to recommended torque, I set it to about 1/2 of spec and then "work" my way up - torque it up until the wrench clicks, then set it 1-2Nm higher and repeat. At about 10-11Nm I was thinking this can't be right, this is pretty tight already, so I went back and re-read the manual - that's when I realized my mistake.
I loosened it all the way back and torqued it to recommended 8Nm.

Now I'm worried I might have possibly damaged something.... Threads seem fine and I didn't hear/see anything cracking/deforming but still...
Is it possible to damage a seatpost - or worse - the frame this way? I hope that with 8Nm recommended torque, 11Nm is still below max.

You are fine. If the threads are ok, I wouldn't worry about it. It's unlikely you damaged the frame or the seatpost and didn't notice it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8?? for some reason i have it in my head that5 is the max on that wedge. i use 4 without issue and i weigh 170
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8 in owners manual.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think Damon told me 4-5

i err on as low as possible as things tend to deform with higher than needed values(my original AR saddle clamp at less than spec)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [TheJakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi again,

Since I wanted to use 25mm tires both front and back I did not buy the previous P3. However I could see now on the specifications on the Cervelo website that now the P3 will be delivered with 25mm tires (yeah!).

Is there a new fork now that accepts wider tires? I would prefer to use other tires than the Mavic tires that is included, so I guess it is fair to assume that other 25mm like for example Vittoria Corsa G+ would fit?

Best regards
Geir Magne
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [fossmark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine can handle true 25s. But when I run contis I have to stay with 23s. Once they get warmed up 25 rub on my NP3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simple question. I lost the bolt / screw that holds my bottom bracket cable guide in place. I have searched and searched and cannot find anywhere that has the size of this bolt/screw. Anybody know what size this screw this is ? (I have the current P3)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the panel underneath the bottom bracket that the cables run through. If so just the cables running through a hold it in place I don't even have a screw in mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, that is the one. I went with electronics shifting so I don’t have cables any more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the electronic version is a rubber cover with no bolt and the hard plastic one used for mech doesn't need one to hold it in place, hell it is hard as shit to get that puppy on and off the bike as it is, don't need another step
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've just bought a P2 and am really wanting to do the rear brake internal cable mod - just been looking at the little cable box behind the stem that lots of people have been talking about drilling, and noticed this:

Is this third hole there by design to help do the mod?

Coach Rob Wilby
http://team.oxygenaddict.com/

OxygenAddict Podcast: http://www.oxygenaddict.com/podcast
Last edited by: IronRooster: Nov 21, 17 13:58
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [IronRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No drilling required. Works awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [IronRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drilling is just a little eaisier on the routing, esp if you have a smaller frame, like my 48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When running the rear brake cable through the cable routing on the top tube any tips to prevent mushy breaking?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Whatleytom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip. My LBS mentioned that there is no thru route from top tube.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [dexufto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Just a quick question from Spain: which disc wheels are not compatible with actual P3?

I've seen good offers for Zipp 900, FF and Corima CN. Any problem with them?

Thank you for your advise!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question on the cable housing for the shifters - how far into the frame do you have to run it? On my old P2 it was bare shift cable inside the frame, however there is no external cable stops where the shift cable enters the frame behind the stem. Do I just need enough housing to clear the first bend or does it need to be a precise length to hit an internal cable stop of some sort?

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar question when I was routing my 2015 P3. I noticed my cable housing actually fit through the holes entering the frame too, so I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, but I got some washers that the cable housings don't fit through, and put them in between the holes in the frame and the cable housing to stop the cable housing from slipping through and into the frame.

Curious to see what others have to say about this!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there are internal stops in the plastic BB hole cover for mechanical, ie housing to bb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a trick or easy way to measure and route the housing to the stops? Remove the BB cover?

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply

Prev Next