Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be fuzzy on this, but if you push housing though frame, remove bb cover, put housing into stop, reinstall cover, ie push into place then route housing through extensions to determine length, cut, install cables, pull cover to route through stay and up FD hole push cover back on again

easy...eh, somewhat, just tedious mostly, but better than bare cables routed through which might then cross each other if not careful. dont really care if housing crosses, wont affect anything, but cables cross effs with your shifting and it will never be right until cables not corssed, if bare
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I was running it from the top, but if I start at the bottom it should be a bit simpler getting the length correct in the end. Sometimes when you are staring at something late into the night after a long day the logical path is never clear!

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you run from top, can even run through extensions first and can cut at either end. you just leave a tad extra housing so you can connect to bb stops which will then get pushed into frame, which is all good. frame can actually take up a bit of excess housing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easier to check that I have enough housing for the handlebars to turn if I am checking at the top, although I suppose it's hard to tell then if the housing is still set in the stops at the BB. I'll figure it out one way or the other, just glad to know there are stops in there since I couldn't find any info at Cervelo's brilliant site/manual (seriously - 5 pages in the manual on using a skewer and no assembly info!).

I suppose I could have just popped off the guide to check, but that would have been way too easy and would have broken the tried and true rule of always consulting Slowtwitch.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well then, guess I'll watch out for cable cross within the frame and next time I recable do that!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Thread Title says P3... here is a new build I just finished...ready to race.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone here had any problems with a 4iiii left sided powermeter rubbing their chainstay? I just installed one my 2015 P3 and the sensor inside of the crank arm rubs on the chainstay as it goes around, it's probably about a millimeter too wide that is causing it to rub. I've got the Shimano Ultegra 6800 Crankset.

Any way to resolve it? Anyone here use the 4iiii?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [StokeTheFire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Annnnnnnnd I heard back from 4iiii, simple solution = throwing a spacer on the NDS spindle. Boom, problem solved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet! What are some of the details of the the build.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Following on from the cable routing thread above, is there a seat tube grommet for mechanical shifting for the front derailleur? I'm converting from Di2 to mechanical and have BB and chainstay grommets, but unsure of the seattube.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Hughbg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're referring to where the FD cable comes up out of the BB area and into the FD itself, no, there is no grommet for that round hole
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although there is not a grommet, I got one from the hardware store. On later versions, one was included. If you do nothing to protect the edges of the hole, over time the cable can wear into the frame.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished drilling a hole in the back wall of the plastic cable routing box on my 2015 NP3 54 and routing my rear brake cable through that top tube cable box. Definitely a lot less mushy braking than when I used the existing third hole! It was only slightly nerve racking, but I think it went pretty well. Low torque, low speed, and patience are all highly recommended. Can't use the cover for the routing area anymore, but the plan is to have the Torhans Bento X over it by race season next year so I think it'll be okay. I just ran one piece of cable housing all the way from the brake lever to the brake. Currently covering the now unused routing hole on the side of the top tube with black electric tape and it actually blends in pretty well with the black/grey paint scheme!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you please upload some pictures of the hole in the back wall of the plastic cable routing box? I'm not really sure which part you mean?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [colnagoguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 for pics, I'm curious as well
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [drm247] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's two pictures, kinda hard to get a decent view now that the fork is back on, but let me know if you wanna see further back for more perspective
Last edited by: StokeTheFire: Oct 24, 18 16:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really nice looking bike!

I'll finish tomorrow mine and post some pics with the alpha one bar, rear brake mod and hopefully new conti5000tl.
Anyone tried the 25mm upfront? hoping with less need for presure it could work well with my HED's...
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [super_6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
super_6 wrote:
Really nice looking bike!

I'll finish tomorrow mine and post some pics with the alpha one bar, rear brake mod and hopefully new conti5000tl.
Anyone tried the 25mm upfront? hoping with less need for presure it could work well with my HED's...

It will be interesting to see how it works for you - it looks like the 5000 actually measures a little narrower than the corresponding 4000II so it should be good!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally tested them and...

THEY WORK!!!

Awesome to have rear and front 25mm with no issues!

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's rad - thanks for the good news!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello

is it a P3 2014 or later, or an older one.

On my P3 2014 I tried GP4000s2 25mm on front wheel, it works through for few hundreds km, then tyre form changed slightly and it began to rub on downtube.

Was hesitating to go GP5000 25mm with the front wheel. I know there is 1mm more margin, but contact (after 300 km) minus 1mm is not a lot of margin.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P3 2014 older model,

in my case: 4000's 25mm didn't work from the beginning on the front. Its weird what you say... but with TL 25mm no problems and space to run.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P3 2014 later model.

In my case no rubbing issues so far, only if you get some dirt o debris it can rub for a moment.

Here's my setup for now:

-HED JET PLUS 5 (from MBS)
-powermeter power2max with rotor 52-36 and 11-28 at the back. Probably going NO Q.
-Tririg alpha one. Will probably look for more angle on those bars.
-read brake mod.
-tririg omega brakes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks

to be sure, GP5000 25mm (not TL) works well on front wheel on this new P3 ?
Quote Reply

Prev Next