Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [fast_twitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had same. Switched wheel set and no more problem. Did u have the 3t wheel set?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone comment on the difference of the comfort vs compact pads. All new P3s have the comfort cradle/pads.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [fast_twitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue; it is definitely the wheels. The wheels have too much flex. I’m writing Cervélo to see if they can do something about this. Can’t think that they would sell a $4k bike with non-working wheels…
Last edited by: Rene.chabot: Sep 22, 14 8:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this post. Please could you confirm I have understood correctly there is no need to a lower crown race on p3c 2014. As the fsa one supplied does not fit. Just building one now and this would make sense. There's not much info about this written anywhere. Many thanks in advance. James.[/reply]
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [4Ring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my P3 in action during Challenge Almere Amsterdam:

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Rene.chabot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Confirmed.

jamesking2000 wrote:
Thanks for this post. Please could you confirm I have understood correctly there is no need to a lower crown race on p3c 2014. As the fsa one supplied does not fit. Just building one now and this would make sense. There's not much info about this written anywhere. Many thanks in advance. James.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Last edited by: damon_rinard: Sep 22, 14 9:06
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Unicron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unicron wrote:
How about we get some more pictures on this thread? Would like to see the P3 with slick aero wheels.

Here you go:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the confirmation. What can Cervélo do about this situation? And don't tell me to deal with 3T, I bought a $4k Cervélo, not a 3T set of wheels. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry Rene, I thought I was confirming the post below yours, by James King, confirming no headset race is needed on the fork.

jamesking2000 wrote:
Thanks for this post. Please could you confirm I have understood correctly there is no need to a lower crown race on p3c 2014. As the fsa one supplied does not fit. Just building one now and this would make sense. There's not much info about this written anywhere. Many thanks in advance. James.

For your wheels, please contact your local Cervelo retailer. They can send your wheels to 3T, who has a rebuild process that increases their lateral stiffness.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Last edited by: damon_rinard: Sep 22, 14 9:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much. The LBS is dealing with 3T right now to try to come up with a solution.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Rene,

You're welcome. That's good news.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Damon,

I apologise if this has been asked and answered well elsewhere. I was interested in knowing a little more about the FK37 and 38 forks. I'm assuming (a dangerous thing to do) that they would actually work on all new P3 and P5 frames, ignoring the black and white color mismatching.

Somewhere else I saw you write that a regular fork (i.e. 3t funda pro) wouldnt work on a P3/P5, and that was due to the steerer pin (which I can see with a flashlight on those bikes hidden in there).

So, what about the reverse. Would it be possible to mount an FK37 or 38 fork as a replacement for the FK25 on a Cervelo P4, to reap the benefits of that CFD design? Or does the shaped frame behind the fork on the P4 make it an impossible fit?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [discostu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi discostu,

Both P5 forks, the new P3 and new P2 forks are all interchangeable. The frame's matching "chin" is the same across those models, so the forks accept the steering lock pin, and the exterior contours are a good aero match as well.

None of the new forks can fit on the P4. The space where the steerer lock pin goes will rub the P4's chin. Anyway, even if they could be installed mechanically, I doubt the aerodynamics would be a good match, since both frames' original forks are designed as a system.

The P4 works great aerodynamically with a narrow centrepull brake like a Weinmann delta or a TriRig.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The issue is not really the wheels, it is the brake caliper. When a caliper's spring is at max "capacity" (i.e. the brake is set as wide as it can be, no cable tension at all) the brake's modulation and power are both suspect compared to a narrower rim. On a rim as wide as the 3T Accelero Pro 40, the easiest thing to do is remove the concave washers and place them outside the caliper arms, which will free up a bit of room.

The wheels are plenty stiff and capable and the rim width is great in terms of brake adjustments when swapping b/w the 3T's and wider race wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4Ring wrote:
here is my P3 on Flo's

thanks for the pic w some FLO's. I have an older (2010) P3 and am considering upgrading to th newer one. My P3 had pretty tight clearance w my FLO wheels. How's the clearance with yours and the new P3?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [trigeekrusk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zero clearance issues
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well any thoughts here

I want the di2 but don't care for the hydraulic brakes nor the rotor.

I would like to post install di2 shifters on the brakes.

Current "sale" 2014 leftover prices are $3500 for ultegra and $4900 for the di2 - should I have di2 post installed or is there more value to get the di2 np3?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got round to getting my P3 exactly the way I want it.

When I bought it it came with 3T aura bars which were nice and comfortable but reasonably weighty, and the big annoyance was that they had upturned bar ends, which did suit the Magura RT6 brakes, which are designed to be flat, they also look way way better this way, and we all no if it looks good it must be fast!

So first I swapped the bars with a 3T Brezza, flat bar ends, and s-bend extensions. This meant re cabling the hydraulic brakes which was good news as both hoses were way to long. The front was hanging out the side and causing a bit of drag. I shortened this so now it comes right out the top of the brake and up to connect to the stem where its got a small zip tie.

The rear hose also previously entered the frame through the side of the top tube, which is a bit odd, as there is space for it to enter in the top along with the gear cables. So I re-threaded it through the top and shortened it so it sits nice and tight to the frame.

All in all way cleaner.

------------------------------------------
http://www.twhatley.com
Last edited by: Whatleytom: Oct 29, 14 14:46
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Whatleytom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^ that looks great

are those ebay carbon wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the toroidal profile 56mm/86mm tubs. Been very good since I've had them.

------------------------------------------
http://www.twhatley.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Whatleytom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good to know for the future! nice setup.

so why didn't you go for the di2 groupset? you were only a couple hundred dollars away.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2015 Cervelo P3 with Flo wheels

Any owners here with Di2 TT brakes/shift levers + bar-end shifters? How does your wiring look like? I'm sure there's a cleaner way to route cables than this:
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [chris_nwb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you got a 2015 P3? With Di2? What did it cost? Did you change the wheels out?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes 2015 P3 Ultegra Di2. Paid close to MSRP (see website), and swapped out the stock Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [chris_nwb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that really what the wiring looks like with Di2?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next