Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Whatleytom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pointers.
Still not quite sure of how to get it to loop back up and into the top tube, but I'll try something string, like you did. I think I have an idea of how to do it now.

I have a TriRig Omega on the front, so it kind of defeats the purpose having a big loop out there for the rear brake. I don't believe the supposed 1w saving will do much, but aesthetically, it will be a huge improvement.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Last edited by: Staer: Feb 26, 15 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
route the housing from the rear to front with fork removed. housing comes to front, you pull it down(with hand/fingers in headtube) and route up through the box
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhh ok that makes sense now.
Will try.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are you hanging the front brake cable from the Aduro stem? Can you post closer up pics of that?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
by using a noodle inside. the noodle stop fits very nicely into the normal housing exit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you, or anyone who has done this routing, find that the braking is mushy?

Got it routed, which was a lot easier than I first thought, but it's pretty mushy. It seems that the hard bend into the top tube is a bit much.

EDIT
Read through some of the earlier comments. Seems this mushy braking is common. Not sure I want crap braking and 1w saved vs great braking and standard routing.

Last edited by: Staer: Mar 15, 15 6:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried pushing a little excess housing into the frame to make the loop larger? That helped mine.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I have tried that. Doesn't seem to make a difference :/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok. No worries. Just trying to offer suggestions. Much of the squishing feeling might be from the extra drag of having a ton of housing. that's what I chalked it up to anyways.

it felt a little weird, but braking wasn't hurt and I could still control braking with ease. But I know brake squisiness is very personal on preference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might have to try it out on the road - maybe it's actually ok. I just don't like to have to depress the brake lever completely before it starts to grab the wheel.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm are you sure all slack is out of the cable and everything? Not trying to doubt your mechanic skills Just trying to give a checklist. I just never experienced that it took up more lever pull to have pads meet Rim. Just a little bit more drag was the difference
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure it is - I've pulled it as tight as possible.
I'll give it another try.

I'm not the best mechanic, so it's possible I fucked it up! Thanks for the help.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My humble ride. Stock with Hed Jet 6 and Disc Cover
Last edited by: yangster88: Mar 15, 15 8:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just redid the whole thing. Works well now, no mush.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Probably a really dumb question :)

Does the P3 only come in black / white?

Having looked online / their website, it looks that way? The only time I've seen anything other than black/white is custom spray jobs.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the latest model that came out is grey and white

http://www.cervelo.com/...kes/p-series/p3.html
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [987_PJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and looks awful ;)

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [987_PJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got mine. The website colors look grey, but it is more of a black on black and not as matte looking as the website. I really liked how it looked on the web...in person it is alright. Great bike though and can't wait to race with it this season!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are those aerobars any lower than the stock setup? I've removed all but one 1mm spacer and installed a -17 deg stem but I would like to try to go further without having the stem at an extreme angle. I would prefer an aerobar that places elbow pads right on the handlebars without any additional stack, but that doesn't seem to exist.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tririg alpha??

if you mean the ones that came stock with the bike, then yes, the stock bars had me about as high as a 54cm frame with aduro, whereas this is only a 48cm frame. so, about 37mm. aduro requires not headset dust cover, the stem is the cover. but with aduro, you have to be willing to commit to running your rear brake in a slightly less crisp manner. works fine, just not ideal routing, unless using maguras
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree... I want a cervelo so bad and that's the only reason why I didn't get the latest version. Since I wanted a cervelo, I bought the previous model (demo bike) and the money I saved I used it towards to a complete repaint job. Hoping to get the bike back from the pain shop next week!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What stem do you have such that the TH Aero Bento essentially touches it? I don't like the look when there is a gap and there is also the potential aero penalty when ther eis a gap.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using the aduro bar. integrated cervelo/3T product. currently only available via a P5 or on ebay. told it might come aftermarket this year, at some point, maybe, not counting on it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where's the front brake cable going? Is there a guide within the stem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great!
Quote Reply

Prev Next