Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weds totals

Bike 2:00 60 pts
Run 30 mins 30 pts
Bike 1:30 45 pts
Run 20 mins 20 pts
Double brick day-WEE!

Weds pts total 155 pts

Aloha,
Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [furndog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
april 11
bike 2:02 61 points
i'm getting sick. rats!
peggy
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
April 11, 2007, ok starting to beat the sinus cold. 70 min outdoor bike (35 pts), 55 min run (55 pts), 90 pts for April 11.

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day Six

Swim 50 min = 33 pts
Bike trainer 120 min = 80 pts.

Total: 113 pts.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [woleai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wed April 11:

30min weights = 20pts
80min ride = 40pts

daily total = 60pts
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cousin Elwood...great job. I'll hopefully have a standings update around lunch time EDT today. I have a window of opportunity during which I can squeeze in a 60 min trainer ride or eat into it by compiling results. I'll do the full 60 min ride instead!

Jana and Trevor, nice to see your run streaks alive....although I think Jana's run streak is something like 95 days of running adhead of Trevor. Almost_triing, don't worry about what other athletes in your age group are doing. Hey, Cathy has the additional turbo boost of having Monty in Xantusia being her personal domestique/cook.

Everyone, thanks for participating and encouraging. With the crappy weather I have had here are home, it would have been really tough getting motivated to train for Wildflower. With the camp, I really feel like I am training with 60 other people. So far over the first 6 days I managed to get in over 21 hours which is awesome! Today, they are calling for 10-15 cm of snow. It is white outside already...I just hopes that this stuff melts before the weekend so that I can get in at least one or two moderate length outdoor rides.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4/11

60 Min Swim 40pts
60 Min Trainer 40 pts
30 Min Weights 20 pts

100 Pts

525 total camp pts

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April 11 Total:

70 mins running for 70 points.

I thought about getting on the fixie, but I get more points for running, and besides, my running sucks. I need to work on my running more than I do on the bike.

I think I'm finally over my cold, just in time for a strong weekend push (assuming that the white stuff misses us).

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April 11 Activities:

AM: 1 hour swim. 40pts.

PM: 80 minute run. 80pts.
Core Strength. 3pts. HA!

Total: 123.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thursday, April 12:

60 minute run = 60 points
75 minute swim = 50 points

Day's total: 110 points
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Maybe I'll get on Slowman's fit bike and spin at 5 mph for 3 hours watching a movie. Yeah, that would be tough. Or not."
- - 3 hours at 5 mph would be a living hell, even if you had good tunes. I have to admit that it's an advantage for me, because I've got fifty spin bikes as well as the Sparks that I can hop on between clients and pick up 20-30 points a couple times a day in addition to my scheduled workouts. And if I'm leading a spin class I'm double dipping because I get Virtual Camp points and $$$ (well $, not $$$, but it's better than working for a living.)

I've been doing most of my indoor rides on the Expresso Fitness Spark bike, which is a cross between a CT/Velotron and a Life Cycle (huh? yeah, just try to picture it). So it kills you like the Velotron but you can't find a decent position. OTOH, since all the courses have course records, and since our club is having a fitness challenge and cranking out one of the Spark courses in under 7:00 is one of the elements (requires about 250w average) and since they want me to bust out a target time (anyone who beats me gets an extra point) I've been doing some all-out pedal 'til you puke hammers. It adds up.

Between that and an awesome trail run on some nearly vertical hills Tuesday, I'm thinking about using the elevator at work today...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [almost tri-ing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]FYI I am in the F45-49 age group. Although I really didn't want to disclose that since there are apparently some VERY dedicated athletes in that age group here.[/reply]

Not necessarily, just one who is only 6 weeks away from an Ironman and who had a week's training camp planned for this time before Dev's virtual camp was announced.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
points for Wed. April 11

60 mins. weights = 40 points
60 mins. trainer = 40 points

days total = 80 points
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Friday: 2hr 15m outdoor ride = 68pts
Saturday: 2hr 40m outdoor ride/35m run = 115pts
Sunday: 1hr 10m run = 70pts
Monday: 1hr swim = 40pts
Tues: 1hr 20m outdoor ride/50m run = 90pts
Wed: 1 hr 5m trainer/ 1hr 45m swim = 113pts

Total Thru Wed = 496
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>Hey, Cathy has the additional turbo boost of having Monty in Xantusia being her personal domestique/cook. <<

You really don't know what you are talking about. Yes, Monty cooks dinner. That's it. I make the coffee in the AM and get my own breakfast and lunch. He did do the shopping, but I've been training solo, but that will change this afternoon when the gals and Emilio and Bjorn arrive.

Now about that coffee.....

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, well, I fell apart yesterday and skipped all 3 of my planned workouts... so a big ZERO for me for Wednesday the 11th of April. No excuse, the weather was perfect, I had time, but some upcoming requirements are getting under my skin and I am finding myself a bit restless and scatterbrained with a diminished focus. Today is a light day, tomorrow is a hard day, and then an easy day on Saturday followed by the race on Sunday. Hopefully, the day off will at least equate to a bit of a better race on Sunday. Thanks for everything!

Ciao,

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here it goes... down

tue: 30 min run, 45min spin bike.... 50 min run, 30 min swim, total : 130 points
wed: 45 min swim, 30 min weights, 45 min spin bike.... 45 min run, 90 spin bike : total 185 points

stefan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev

Thanks for hosting this, I know I've upped my game over the last few days
because of this camp.

Look on the bright side, if we get hammered by the storm we ride inside and
get more points per hour. But I agree, I hope it melts, I'm sick of riding in the
basement after this winter.

Results for Wed 11th

Run 90 min 90 pts
Swim 75 min 50 pts
Total 140 pts

Camp Total 813

Peter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4/11- 50min Swim, 25min Run, 15min Bike= 67.90pts

Damn, I'm really have to pick it up this weekend for Silver.

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wednesday totals, in gale force winds, yuck.

95 points running
45 points cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thursday workouts

spin 1.5 hr= 60 points
run 30 min= 30 points
weights 15 min=10 points
total 100 points
jana

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck on your IM. Your training looks awesome, so I am sure you'll do well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update for Thursday, April 12 (day 7):
1 hour swim=40pts
1 hour run=60pts
:20 weights=13pts
Total: 113 pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thursday:
2:00 trainer = 80
34 swim = 22
total = 102 points
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [kus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Campers....my apopologies for lack of updates. Work has sucked up all my time (as it should during work hours), but I should be outta here by 7 pm or so and after my son gets to bed, I should be able to get updated results around 9 pm. This morning I rolled through 1000 pts with a 60 min hard trainer ride....so I'm officially in Silver club...Gold is certainly in reach...

Keep hammering...the end is near....next few days in the Alpes and the ITT and then Sunday is the final parade to the Arc de Triomphe...will Cousin Elwood hold off Matti58, or will we see a big surge from Woleai, CPT Chaos and Kus
Quote Reply

Prev Next