Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My most humble apologies for not posting earlier.

Summary so far
April 6: 1hr on bike trainer - 60pts
April 8: 1:40 on bike trainer - 100pts
April 9: 1 hr on bike trainer - 60pts

Saturday was a write-off with kid issues.

mp
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the late post...I was away from a computer over the weekend. I'll post nightly going forward,

Fri: 60min swim, 60min trainer ride, 45 min run = 125pts
Sat: 30min weights = 19pts
Sun: 90min run = 90pts
Mon: planned day off = 0 pts

Total so far = 234pts

I'll post todays totals at the end of day.

Thanks,
Sean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, I've got the green jersey!!

At least until Matti58 shows up...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey guys

day 4 monday
45 min run - 45 pts
45 min weights 30 pts
45 min spin bike 30 points

total... 105
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tee hee :)
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Mikel Pearce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seem to have miscalculated ... blame it on baby-induced sleep deprivation.

April 6 - 40 pts
April 8 - 67 pts
April 9 - 40 pts

Total so far - 147.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 5
trainer ride 50min = 33min
44min run = 44min
Totals for Day 5= 77pts
Camp totals = 525pts

Half way there

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,
Sorry for the delays with my first round of data:
April 6th
run 52 mins: 52 points

April 7th
OFF: 0 points

April 8th
Run 2:07 : 127 points

April 9th
Swim 53 mins: 35.33 points
Bike 1:50: 55 points
Total: 90.33 points

Not a great start..... let's see how things will progress though...
Thanks,
Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday, April 9: 1 hour swim= 40 points

Tuesday, April 10: 90 minute run = 90 points
75 minute swim = 50 points, daily total = 140 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok Dev, sign me up.

I'm hoping to get credit for hockey (30 minutes of skating in a 50 minute game with only two subs) so....

April 6: hockey twice 2x30x.666 = 40 pts
April 7: 42 min swim = 28 pts, 45 min run = 45 pts
April 8: 91 min run = 91 pts
April 9: rest

204 pts so far...

Jamie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
finally got internet access-as of 4/10 i have 344 pts. Running around the outside of the ship is getting to be a bit much-tommorrow will try to run a mule track on the island of Sanorini-greece. thanks for doing this.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [jamie fraser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jamie....you aren't going to get any sympathy around here claiming more points for hockey than outdoor riding....sooooo let's call it 30 points for 60 minutes of actual ice time.

How about doing a run at lunch tomorrow. My schedule is clear...hill repeats on Goulburn Force Road and 10x20 seconds hard?

Dev

PS. I'm getting soft in my old age letting posers in after the camp cutoff...but Jamie and I did our engineering degrees together (OK, we partied a lot) and went to aerospace officer school together, so he gets in on account of putting up with me since 1986...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev,

I'm downtown tomorrow morning. Might be back for an afternoon run, though. Email me at work if you want to go around 2.

Jamie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DAY 4:
Run - 46 minutes - 46 points
Swim - 30 minutes - 20 points
Bike - 2 hr (spin cause of rain:() - 80
day 3 total - 146

CAMP TOTAL: 446

http://www.ksweetstrispot.blogspot.com

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge
Contemporary Alternative Care

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dav, Today was 65 minute morning run with some speedwork, and 36 minute lunchtime swim, so total of 65+24=89 points. Poco a poco. Thanks! :-)

One cannot enlighten the unconscious.
Stuff that rocks: <fawning links here>
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [ksweet863] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 5, 113 pts

bike: 1:40 on the trainer
swim: 1:10, colored in butterfly

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April 10:
54 mins run: 54 points
1:02 bike ride: 31 points
Total: 85 points

Thanks,
Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This morning 1:01 run for 61 points

Camp Total 185.6

Lana

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll post updated results tonite, but I wanted to congratulate Matti58 for being the first to hit Silver club, and he will likely hit Carbon Fiber club tomorrow with a current total of 1181. Those of you podium guys vying for Platinum club better step it up....you need to be at 1000 pts (silver club), by the end of today to hit Platinum by Sunday...you can't just eye each others like Tour de France sprinters...you need to keep your eyes on the finish line :-).

To some extent that applies to everyone. By the end of Day 5, you should be halfway to your goal. Too many low volume days in between and you have to put a massive push on for the weekend which might be hard on accumulate trashed legs from the first 8 days. The easiest way to get points is not by massive body draining long sessions, but a series of moderate size workouts, typically not exceeding 1.5 hours (especially mid week). Once you get up over 2 hours, the recovery between workouts becomes much tougher and the quality really suffers.

Keep a few things in mind in the next few days:
  1. Don't do anything in today's training that keeps you from "performing in tomorrow's workout"
  2. Training = Work+Recovery...once you are done your training do everything to maximize your recovery
  3. Just cause you are training a lot does not mean you can eat like crap. This is your fuel for tomorrow and if tomorrow's workout is easier, then you'll do better the day after tomorrow
  4. Where possible, from now forward, if you are running, try to do it as your first workout of the day when the legs are the freshest...then bike on trashed legs...then swim on totally trashed legs....at least you won't get injured this way, and doing the swim as your last workout in a non weight bearing mode, will set you up to recover fastest for tomorrow
  5. Don't get caught up doing long runs. If you want run mileage, go for double up runs. You'll find the overall quality of the runs to be better, and again, you'll recover better

OK, that's my input having gone through a few of these "pushes" over the years.

I originally put down Carbon Fiber as my goal, but gold club is now in reach.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training = Work+Recovery...once you are done your training do everything to maximize your recovery

like napping?
I took a 2 hr nap this morning
I love life as a college student :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
am 60 min run for 60 pts.

pm 60 min swim for 40 pts.

Total Day 5: 100 pts.

Running Total: 490 pts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well I fell off the band wagon for two days. Went to Palm Springs with the intention of getting some good miles in and instead sat around by the pool drinking beer and eating chips and quacamole instead on Sunday, soaking up the 90 degree heat. Didn't do much better on Monday either.

Monday: 100 minute ride, 50 points
Tuesday: 150 minute ride/62 minute brick run, 137 points

Total for 5 days, 479 points

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 5 (Apr 10): 60 min on trainer = 40 pts
Total: 40 pts
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 5:
60min swim=40pts
45min spin bike = 30pts
60min run=60pts

Total = 130pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm out. Life happened and I need to pick up some burning embers or make them ashes.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Apr 10, 07 16:49
Quote Reply

Prev Next