Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 7
50 min Trainer= 33pts
42min run= 43pts

Day 7 totals= 75

Camp totals should be 650 (if i have done my math correct :-))

BTW that 42 min run was my 100th run in a row! I don't see me stopping till at least after the camp is over ....

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
112 pts for April 12 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AM - run 1:04:14
PM - swim 1:12 piranha style!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone. I posted on the 7th but you seem to have missed it.

April 7th total was 124.66 points

April 10 - run 61 minutes = 61 points

April 11 - weights 30 mins = 19.8 points
bike 55 minutes = 46.2 points
swim 1:10 = 19.8 points

RUNNING TOTAL = 271.46

Age Group 30-34 F

Lana

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excuses, excuses. Next thing you'll be blaming it on genetics. ;-)

Anyway, even tho there's more day left today, I think I'm pretty much done.

THU
run 48 mins = 48 pts
BTN 30 mins = 20 pts
swim 91 mins = 60 pts
Thu total = 128 pts

That was my longest pool swim ever today. Cuz I needed the points.
Thanks (I think?) ;-)

Camp to date total - 634 pts.

I'm still in striking distance of Silver....
(need to avg 122 pts / day for the next 3 days)

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Apr 12, 07 12:03
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice job on the swim

that whole genetic thing... I think I missed the biking gene.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would happily trade ya some bike genes for somea those fishie genes you have.

(If I weren't married this would be the perfect time to throw in a comment about us swapping some DNA or something like that, but since I am, I won't ;-)

Biking is easy. Just do it more.

Swimming doesn't work that way - doing more of it poorly just makes you good at swimming badly. I'm getting quite good at swimming badly these days. <sigh>

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Biking is easy. Just do it more.

Chatter (my bike) says that she loves you for that comment. She is the jealous type and when she sees all my wet swimsuits hanging up, and running shorts and shoe tossed about over my dorm room, she starts nipping at me until I play with her.

I have been biking more. I have been biking LOTS! and swimming very LITTLE! (it's all relative). Some days I like it and some days I spend the time thinking about swwwiiiimmmmiiiinnnnnggggg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev, For April 12, run 1:10 in a.m., bike 20 min, and 35 min swim, so 70+10+23= 103. Next two days will be negligible workouts, then sprint race on Sunday (1/2 mi ocean swim, 16 bike, and 3 run). Today is a blustery 66 degree sunny day with big ocean whitecaps, blowing sand, and an occasional flying beach umbrella. Except for a few die-hards, the beach is deserted.

One cannot enlighten the unconscious.
Stuff that rocks: <fawning links here>
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [JHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev,
Here's how Thursday went:

60min swim = 40pts
20min weights = 13pts
45min indoor spin = 30pts
46min run = 46pts

Daily Total=129pts

Thanks again!

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [sob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
35min run at lunch = 35pt
65min run in the evening = 65pts

Thursdays Total = 100

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
points for Thurs. April 12

60 min run = 60 points
60 min trainer = 40 points

total = 100 points
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [woodnymph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before I post the results, let me just say the following. The hardest thing in this camp has been (in order of level of difficulty)
  1. Trying to find the time to get the training in
  2. Compiling the daily results especially on this round after taking a 1.5 day hiatus and having to weave through 4 pages of postings
  3. Dealing with the crappy weather. It has been sub zero every morning and snowing 5 out of 7 days...this is April...where's the snow when you need it in January
  4. Actually doing the training...in fact, doing the training has been the easiest part given all the other obstacles that get in the way.

This morning hard 60 min trainer ride, PM workout was 60 min run with 20x15 seconds at half Ironman race speed = 100 pts

I have updated the standings below as of 7:45 EDT on day 7

Note: Sorry for the small image...tinypic.com seemed to not want to load today, so I used Photobucket and they resized it. I'll try and upload something more legible later

To be on Gold Club Pace you need 1050 points by the end of the day today. Platinum club is over 1400 pts, and occupied by matti58 and Cousin Elwood. For Silver club you need 700 pts today. OK, last few days of the camp...we're into the Alps and individual TT between now and Saturday...Sunday things wrap up at the Arc de Triomphe! Anyone putting in a mammoth stage from Gap to Alpe d'huez via Izouard-Galibier-Telegraphe-Croix de Fer and ending on Alpe d'Huez? I'm not planning on doing anything crazy long...but I would like to keep the intensity up this weekend as I have tried to do for most of the camp.
Last edited by: devashish paul: Apr 12, 07 17:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thurs 4/12

AM 45 min trainer ride (POURING RAIN TODAY :-( ) 30 pnts
PM 65 min run 65 pnts
I seriously don't know how anyone rides the bike on the trainer for more than 3 hours. I can't do more than 1.5 hours these days, but when I first got my trainer it was so novel and exciting I would ride for 3 hours straight {{{shudder}}}
95 pnts

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thursday May 12
Easy day. I'm racing saturday in a sprint duathlon so my training goals are going to look weak the next couple days :(

Swim 1 hour: 40 pts.
Bike Commute 30 min: 15 pts

Total for Day: 55
Total for Camp: 754

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [almost tri-ing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Good luck on your IM. Your training looks awesome, so I am sure you'll do well.[/reply]

Thanks very much.

Thurs: 4/12: 2:04 bike ride in the cold and high wind warnings (62 pts)
21:00 run (21 pts)

Day's total: 83

CAMP TOTAL: 1003.6

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
APRIL 12TH:
Run: 30 minutes – 30 points
Bike: 120 minutes – 60 points
Plyo/Core/Weights – 60 minutes – 40 points
Total: 130

CAMP TOTAL: 686

http://www.ksweetstrispot.blogspot.com

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge
Contemporary Alternative Care

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cathy...you are just off gold club pace....just under 500 pts in 3 days and you are in! I think Monty better start cooking lunch...once you are over 1000 pts, you deserve it ...for what it is worth, my wife made me dinner! I'm a lucky guy!

Dev
Last edited by: devashish paul: Apr 12, 07 18:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoot, I cooked lunch today and cooked it for two of the gals. Today was an easy day. I'll ramp it up tomorrow and Saturday.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not been a good day, masters swim at noon = 60 points

total for camp = 634 points

things are about to turn around though, off to Mandaric to pick up the new bike finally

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
51 minute run this afternoon....51 points

Do I get anything for missing my evening ride because I picked up my fiancee from work and then sat in traffic for a hour and a half? Oh wait...I should be asking her! Any points for that work out?

camp total 422

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April 12, 2007
60 min swim = 40 pts
78 min run = 78 pts

Day 7 Total 118 pts
Thanks

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thursday 4/12:

Lunch: 90 min run
After work: 47 min trainer ride

Daily Total: 121 Points

Camp Total: 494 Points

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [coredump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 7 - 75 minute run. 75 points

Total to date 405.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [almost tri-ing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
april 12
swim 1.13 48pts
run 1.19 79pts
weight .40min 26pts

total for the day 153 pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again Dev for setting this up. Peter Tye has told me about your Iron weekend for IMLP, are you doing it again this year? i'd love to join in.

Here are my workouts for the 12th.

55 minute swim = 37 points
25 minute run = 25 points

total for the day 62
total for the camp 608

Prev Next