Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day three:
Bike - 1:44 = 52
run - 1:30 = 90
Day three total - 142

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totals For Bruce Bornhurst

AG = 50 /54

Friday 3-6-2007, 50 points total 50 mins running, = 50 points.

Saturday 3-7-2007, 124.97 points total 3:10 on bike, = 95 points
45 mins swimming = 29.97 points

Sunday 3-8-2007, 133 points total 1:43 running = 103 points
45 mins Mag trainer = 30 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay but here goes:
Apr06:
45' 16km hill climb race= 22.5
2:00:04 61km road race (super windy conditions -3C)= 60
23' brick run right after race= 23
Total=105.5

Apr07:
1:00 swim (masters)= 40
57:15 run = 57.25
40' weights (lets say 30' actual weights?) = 20
Total = 117.25

Apr08:
1:35 Bike (trainer)= 63.33
15' brick run= 15
Total=78.33

total to date: 105.5+117.25+78.33= 301.08
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [soya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 3 (04-08)

Bike 2:20 = 70 pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev,

Japan is still here, we are just sitting around until the "big one" hits!

Strongman will be held on April 22nd. I decided not to do it; I am doing the Ishigaki Olympic distance race this Sunday instead. Would love to Strongman one day as my Japanese friends rave about it and then struggle to get a spot by lottery as it is the most popular race in Japan. They say you need to try enter it for at least three years until you can win a place. I was registered last year (due, I am sure to foreigner favoritism), but then pulled out as it was only one month before IMJ. And you need to register for Strongman by the end of November, a full 4 1/2 months before the race! Due to my work I was not sure if I was going to be able to do it this year. But Ishigaki on the weekend sounds like it will be fun.

Yes, IMJ is now in June this year, and I think that they were smart to put it back one month so people could double up. It is my main focus.

Cheers!

Keren
https://www.triathlonintokyo.org/
https://quintanarootri.com/ https://en-jp.wahoofitness.com/ https://www.worldtriathlonstore.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day Three:

Bike outdoors: 3 hrs = 90 pts
Run: 1 hr = 60 pts
Swim: 1 hr = 40 pts.

Total: 190 pts

M40-44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 4:

AM - 8 mi, 59:34
PM - off

so 59 points for today, I think I've got 404 total.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday: Bike 3 hrs: 90 pts

Sunday: Bike 4 hrs: 126pts (first time on Powercranks. Ouch.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, I'm sorry that I didn't get this info. to you on Sunday....no internet access for me. So maybe I'm officially disqualified from this competition :) Anyways, if I'm still eligible:

Sunday (day 3):
1 hour run=60pts
5 hour bike=200 pts
20 min. weights=13.3
Total: 273.3

Monday (day 4):
1 hour swim=40pts
1 hour bike=40 pts
Total: 80 pts
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [furndog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow some good totals being posted!

Day 3 totals
RUN 90mins = 90pts
Camp totals= 340pts

Age group 30-34

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey folks...sorry that I have not posted the totals as of day 3 this morning. I slept in till 6:15, which meant that I could choose to post the results and cut into my morning training, or blow off the results and train. I chose to train so the results will go up at lunch time.

It was minus 2 this morning with 40 kph winds, so my thoughts of a 2 hour long bike commute to work went out the window...and there was no way I was going to hit the trainer after spending 5 hours indoor biking this past weekend. Instead, I chose to do a 60 min rollerski (at least you don' t freeze to death) followed by a 60 min bike commute. I am glad I chose that combination. At least I started the bike ride all warm, and by the end I was frozen, but one hour of cold was bearable. Hoping to do a 45 min run+45 min bike commute at the end of the day and get the results up at lunch time.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Cathy, I realize that some did not have internet access on the weekend, but you got to set a cutoff otherwise people just procrastinate...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday I went out on a group ride with some local roadies, well NJ roadies. First the A-Group broke away, so I got comfortable with the B-Group, until they took off and I finally formed a new "C-Group" - just me. So instead of constant surges, I was fine with a steady long ride cursing out the cold. The weather in NY simply stinks right now.

but here are the totals:

day 3

4.5 hr bike - 135 pts
-----
75 min run - 75 pts

total... 210

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4/6- 2hr Surf(.4) =48pts
4/7- 2.5hr Surf(am) and 1hr 45min Bike(pm)=112.5pts
4/8- 1.5hr Surf=45pts
Total=205.5pts

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [kus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I took 10 minutes to compile...results as of Monday morning 10:35 EDT (looks like I missed astroman's results...I'll include for tomorrow)

Edit (Comments from the Peanut Gallery...): Is there demand to see the results sorted by position. Looks like we have matti58 in the clear lead with three daily 5 hour indoor rides (this guy has seriously high monotony threshold/rodent genetics...). Kus, CPT Chaos and Cousin Elwood are all in the mid 600 range, with Woleai hiding in the wings just under 600 points within shot of the podium. IronCLM gets hero status with an 8.5 hour ride this weekend...what's that...San Fancisco to Reno with a stop in North Tahoe for Espresso? More is More is going to have to either up his training or change his handle. Looks like Tigerchik and MTLrunner have a good battle going for 20-24 honours. Looks like Desertdude is well on track to kick my ass at Wildflower, but if anything, I'll have to log more bogus points than him at this camp...after all...its all about being a hero in training....NOT!
Last edited by: devashish paul: Apr 9, 07 7:48
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [kus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>The weather in NY simply stinks right now. <<

Hop on a plane. I'll pick you up.

Weather at Xantusia is perfect. Sunny, blue skies, not too cold. Monty just took Punkin and Nelson out for a walk. I'm heading out for a run as soon as I finish my coffee.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Looks like Desertdude is well on track to kick my ass at Wildflower[/quote]LOL - probably not. I don't see myself under 4:30 there with the fitness I currently don't have.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Apr 9, 07 7:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
today's points

spin 1 hour= 40 points
run 45 min= 45 points
weights 30 min= 20 points

total day 4= 105

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hop on a plane. I'll pick you up.

Weather at Xantusia is perfect. Sunny, blue skies, not too cold. Monty just took Punkin and Nelson out for a walk. I'm heading out for a run as soon as I finish my coffee.

>>>I wished I could come. Sweet memories of countless falls on Monty's sandy driveway. I never told him, but the more time I trained there and the more tired I got - the more I crashed. No matter how fast or slow I tried it. I think I broke all my rear water bottle cages, but refused to walk that thing. Monty's way of doing it was to go as fast as possible on the downhill. This worked 3 days for me, than: bang and down for the first time. Luckily it is a pretty soft fall.

Please say hi to all of them, and especially Punkin, who I always called Pumpkin. Must have been the color of his fur.

And Cathy, don't forget:
#4) No more than 2 drinks of booze on any one day :)

stefan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cathy, how come that poser Monty is not in the results. Don't be tempting Kus with hopping on airplane with the carrot of training his ass off. We need him chained to a desk if anyone has any hope of beating him.

Mojozenmeister, I noticed that you had 90 minutes of weights. Now please don't read into this the wrong way, but 90 minutes of actual lifting is pretty insane. If you did that more power to you. Rememeber, it is actual lifting time, not the time from when you left the men's locker room to the time you returned. It is unlikely that most triathletes will log much more than 30 min actual lifting time in a session...that should take you 60-80min of elapsed time, unless you are doing a circuit racing from one machine to another without having to change the settings.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We need him chained to a desk if anyone has any hope of beating him.

>>> Well, Dev, chained - that's what I am indeed. At least for the next two days. After that, I may just bike up to your place in Ottawa and put some fire under your canadian _ _ _ . Don't forget, Wildflower is coming and roller skating/ blading is not part of the course :)

stefan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've sen mojozenmaster lift. Dude is hard core in the gym.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your missing my results up to day 3, they where posted just before your post saying you will be updating the list today!

Thanks for doing this Dev, there camps are always fun. (I copied what I posted prior)

Quote:
Day 1
62 min swim = 41.33292
45 min run = 45
Total Day 1 = 86.33292

Day 2
177min indoor bike = 117.99882
Total Day 2 = 117.99882

Day 3
60 min swim = 39.9996
77 min run = 77
Total Day 2 = 116.9996

gavnunns 25-29 age group

Apr 8th Camp Total - 321.33134

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Last edited by: gavnunns: Apr 9, 07 9:07
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do I get extra points for starting the camp in taper mode and finishing with IMAZ?

>>> I think everybody that does a race during the camp should get double points. dev?

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Bike 4 hrs: 126pts (first time on Powercranks. Ouch.)"
- - FOUR HOURS? Holy crap!! My first ride on PCs was 45 minutes and it would have been a lot less but I road out for twenty+ and had to either ride home or call a cab... Didn't have any money with me.
My first 4-hour ride on PCs didn't happen for three weeks and even Saturday riding the Vineman loop with Karma and some other friends I was doing 20-30 second pulls and then coasting. My hip flexors are being somewhat slow in getting behind this whole PC experiment.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply

Prev Next