Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep all the reports coming. Cdw, glad to see that you are getting some solid miles in....this morning for me 30min rollers + 62 min run with hill repeats + 30 min of intervals on trainer (102 pts). Heading out right now for a swim (aparently they have 2000m swim at Wildflower that we are supposed to train for...).

I'll do another update tonite. At the end of the day today, you need 1200 pts for gold pace, 1000 pts for carbon fiber pace and 800 pts for silver. I'm not sure that we have anyone on Titanium or Platinum pace aside from Matti58 and Cousin Elwood.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev,

Rode hard for 7 days( breaking all the rules), but then have been sitting in the car driving for the past three days. It's great - built in hard/easy!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
APRIL 13th (Active Recovery...yayyy!)
Swim: 80 minutes - 54 points
Total: 54

CAMP TOTAL: 740

I am W 20-24 by the way:)

http://www.ksweetstrispot.blogspot.com

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge
Contemporary Alternative Care

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [soya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apr12:
Bike outdoors 3:20 = 100

Total to date = 710.4
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
April 13 - 137 points

bike, 2:15
swim, 1:10

That's my longest trainer ride ever. The highlight of the day, however, was playing on the diving boards after my swim :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friday
54 min run = 54
15 min lifting = 10
total = 64 points

If it will not snow tommorrow should be able to do a long ride and get back on track for silver
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DD-you're so poetic! Miss reading all your stuff. Take care of things and get back to us fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev - 220 pts so my total is 664. will email when back into france. thanks for doing this.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck, glad to see that you are back on the saddle. Is there a comeback on the horizon?

Everyone, get your results in over the day today. I'll update the standing before bed tonite. I got a 45 min swim to bring my day's total to 130 pts. That's it for the day...I'm "tapering" before the weekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got another 99 points in for today, but I'm hoping to sneak in a quick swim (did *I* just say that?) in a little bit, to bump it up another 20-25 pts or so to stay on target.

FINAL Fri status is:

FRI
BTN 36 mins = 24 pts
Run 75 mins = 75 pts
Swim 33 mins = 22 pts
Day total 121 pts

Camp total to date: 755 pts.
(I "only" need to avg 123 pts / day for Sat and Sun for Silver. Weather forecast for Sun SUCKS however, so I'd better get busy tomorrow)

Steve Larsen will never speak to me again after this week. He told me it's not him, it's me.

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Apr 13, 07 14:35
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Peter Tye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter,

I have you up at 1100 points as of Thu results (7 stages):

Peter Tye 40-44 1100 151 170 70 157 125 140 157 130

Can you verify that this is correct?

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev

No unfortunately it isn't I'm at 943
You entered 157 twice.

Here it is:

Peter Tye 40-44 943 151 170 70 157 125 140 130

Thanks

Peter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quite some running yesterday...

thu:
60 min swim - 40
30 min run - 30
90 min run - 90
total: 160 points

fri:
60 min swim - 40
60 min run - 60
total: 100 points

NO final push on the weekend, that's for sure
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Peter Tye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I did a quick update of the standings and shaded in those that are also on Silver Club Pace (you need 800 at the end of today to be silver, or 1200 for Gold). There are many with just under 800 who can easily hit silver club by Sunday.

Last edited by: devashish paul: Apr 13, 07 14:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,

Sorry for only getting my reports in on such a laggard way....

Day 7 (12 Apr):
  • 30 minutes core weights: 20 points
  • 60 minute Swim: 40 points
  • 75 minute Run: 75 points
  • 35 minute Run: 35 points
  • Total for Day 7: 170 points

Day 8 (13 Apr):
  • 75 minute Run: 75 points
  • 95 minute Swim: 63 points
  • 248 minute Ride: 124 points
  • 30 minute Run: 30 points
  • Total for Day 8: 292 points

Total for camp: 1342.5 points

Thanks!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, here is the info for today:

April 13:
Swim 32 mins: 21.3 points
Followed by
Run 1:28 mins run: 88 points

Then in the afternoon I wanted to hit the road for an 1 hour outdoorride... but I was not that motivated and ended up hitting the trainer! Thanks Youtube... time flew by.. and it ended being my longest trainer session ever!
Trainer 1:35 mins: 63.3 points

Total for today: 172.6 points

I may still be able to hit Silver (even with two days off).

Cheers,
Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...well I figured that a former platinum club, seeing his name shaded in silver would be enough to up the point production...I see that you have been doubling up with "point padding" 35 minute second runs to get the points up. Excellent strategy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friday 4/13

a weak 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym - 15 pnts.
I'm really feeling the extra running miles and due to the weather forecast am going to have to move my sunday long run to saturday afternoon - so I need a rest day to get in a bike time trial in the am and run in the PM. Tommorrow should be a huge points day, though!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little late checking in due to travel to the ST Gals Training Weekend. Here's my last couple of days:

Apr 11: 0 points
Apr 12: 60 min run = 60 pts (this was 15 minutes after I arrived at Xantusia yesterday)

Still working on today's points. I just finished a long bike (4:15) and will probably do something more later. I'll post a Apr 13 total later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for 4/13

60 min ride
20 min brick....50 points

472 points total

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhh, back to work after a nap and a sizeable morning of wind, first aiding me up the mountain and then in my face the rest of the day.

Friday totals
90 points running
115 cycling

One more day, baby. I may jump into carbon fibre tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, I am so mad at myself for missing my workout goals earlier this week, that I am going to push myself even more over the next couple of days. For example, on Sunday, I am doing an Olympic distance race, and then after the race I have agreed to do a long group ride with some friends, which will probably be a real painfest for me but my soul will feel better that night. I might even toss in another short run if my legs are still wobble-free at that point.

What are your thoughts on points for the race? It seems to me that a race should be 1 point per minute, to make it more simple and keep the overall time of the race the key as oppose to giving more points for split times.

Ciao!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT, I think Kus requested some special "points" for racing. Since racing is "all pain" I agree that it is largely irrelevent, what sport is going on...we're just limited by cardio output.

So OK, 1 point per minute AS LONG AS the race includes running. This way the "recovery" is much worse than say a pure bike TT or an XC ski race (for example, after a 50 XC ski race, I can do an easy 60 min run the next day....I can't even do that after an Olympic tri). But before this becomes official, I will let those in the gold club pace (or close) vote, because this could effectively determine the final outcome of the podium. Kus, Woleai, Cousin Elwood, Ironclm, Matti58....please provide your input. CPTchaos and I have voted in favour. I don't think we need unanimous consent, but a large majority.

CPT, of course, you realize what you just did....there is a local half marathon this weekend, which I might be tempted to enter. It was an "outside possibility" early in the week, but with the bad weather, I gave up the thought, because I need bike miles for Wildflower....so I think I will stick to the plan of biking as much as possible with the wet snow and rain on the agenda for the weekend.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<<So OK, 1 point per minute AS LONG AS the race includes running.<<

That's a bunch of crap...changing the rules in mid-stream. If I'd have known this in advance, I'd have run after my TT last Saturday.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cdw, that is amazing that you will hit carbon fiber with 2 full rest days. My spreadsheet has you at 1140. Gold is in reach if you can make an exception and train on Sunday and defer your rest day to Monday...but I would certainly understand if the Sunday rest day is for focus on family!

Dev
Quote Reply

Prev Next