Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 2

Ride 3 hrs - 90 points
Run 30 minutes - 30 points

Total - 120[b]

30-34 Age Group. I'm a little bitter about this, though...cause I'm only 29!
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day Two
Bike 4:35 (275) - 137.5
Run 1:06 - 66
Swim 0:52 - 34.6
Day 2 Total - 238.2

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DAY 2 Update:

Ran 73 minutes (hard) this am = 73 points
Bikes 90 minutes (indoor) tonight = 60 points

133 points DAY 2 TOTAL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saw this....... not being Christian is a real disadvantage as I keep forgetting what the holidays look like.. Im in!

Fun and Games... yeahoo!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 2 48.5 min swim. 32 pts total. 200 wu, straight easy swim.

Aloha,
Matt

P.S. any chance of bonus points for being at the water park for 7 hours, I was in the water for 5 ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [jana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the birthday wishes! Yes, I turned 20 on April 3.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK results as of the end of Day 2 which I am posting at 7:30 am EST. Woleai, who is in Hawaii is technically past midnite on day 2 now, so unless he added to his day 2 total, this represents the most up to date. I believe he is the latest time zone athlete we have on this camp unless we have someone in Guam or Midway Islands (any Navy Dudes out there on this camp....I believe they have a nice half Ironman in Guam in November!)

Happy Easter to everyone. The egg hunt at our place has ended. I am just about to head out to see if I can cram a half Ironman worth of training sliced and diced into numerous chunks due to the cold weather and family committments over the course of today. Let's hope my son asks to go to the pool, that way I get a free 30-40 min swim thrown in!

Dev
Last edited by: devashish paul: Apr 8, 07 4:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,

Ouch, that weather looks really tough! I am only complaining about mine because I have gotten used to a consistently warm (or HOT) weather with only wind to really consider. When I lived in Europe, I became used to riding in 35-45 degree rain and had the gear for it. Anyway, tomorrow it is supposed to get back to around 70 here in Austin and the week ahead looks very nice so no more complaints from me! Thanks for everything and happy easter!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got off a 30 min rollers+105 min run+60 min trainer workout. It was minus 6 C this morning. This trainer stuff sucks. I can't believe how people spend hours on end on these torture machines...I'd much rather XC ski, or sit on the couch and watch football or hockey...too many trainer miles seems to be a surefire way of buring out from this sport (at least for me...I need variety and scenery and to be in touch with nature). This morning's run was awesome, through the woods, just the sound of a few birds and a half frozen stream with the cruch of frozen snow/ice under my air Pegasus...it was priceless compared to the trainer that followed!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am missing 53 points for day 1 in the totals. I agree that the trainer stinks. I was fine with it but once spoiled with a couple of nice weeks it is tough to go back. As it is 30 and snowing again today about my only option for biking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 3, Easter Sunday

BTW, Female, 30-34 age group

2 hour trainer ride= 80 points
30 minute run= 30 points

Total today: 110 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been fighting a wicked cold (the joys of 3 year olds picking up everything under the sun at daycare).

Day 1: 70 minute run - nice and steady.
Day 1 total: 70 pts.

Day 2: planned a 90 minute run, had to cut it short after 50 (felt like I was about to die)
Day 2 total: 45 points.

I think I need to take today off. Crap.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [More is MORE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope that you feel better soon :)

Trying to squeeze stuff in this morning before family Easter madness. Running felt AWESOME today. I loooove running off my bike.

really early AM run - 5 mi, 37:57

late AM brick
bike - 105 min indoors :P teaching spin classes
run - 3 mi, 22:50

EDIT - 130 pts for the day, 345 total

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Apr 9, 07 2:38
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

I'm gonna go take some performance enhancing drugs (robitussin and tylenol) and see what that does for me. It's a gorgeous day today after the 15-20 cms of snow we had last night (that's 6-7 inches for you Americans), it would be a shame to waste it.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't post my Saturday totals until now, so here's two days combined:

Sat:

90 min bike (outdoor), 81 min run = 116 points

Sun:

180 min bike (outdoor) = 90 points

That puts me at 246 points for the camp so far. About equal to one of Dev's days. Heh.

Cold here, but if I ride the trainer anymore I'm going to snap. 25F at the start of today's ride. Brrr.

That's it for today, time to go rip the heads off some peeps. :)

Edit to add: M30-34 AG

--
I ride Felt.
Last edited by: coredump: Apr 8, 07 10:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok.

for Day 3 i've got
51 minute run: 55 points
3:47 bike: 151 points

total for day 3 is 206 points

Quote | Reply
Today run 37' =37 pts and weights 30' = 20 pts.. Total today 57

Petra,

BTW: female 40-44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
day 3:

spin bike: 2 hours = 80 points
run 100 minutes ( in honor of my 100th straight day of running) = 100 points

total day 3: 180 points

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [jana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool! Congrats on the 100th day of running.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure you are scheduled to run 2x per day?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish! i have been in the master's now for many a year.

like Mike said, he and I have known each other since before Tigerchik was even born. kinda weird to think about it that way. we've been doing this stuff a while now. and I still love it!
jana

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was a brick run! those should count as free miles. AND it was outside on a nice soft track.

or at least that's how I rationalized it :P

fine... tsk tsk, bad Alyie. I won't do it again.

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike: thanks for the compliment!
yep, we go way back. kevin and I have been together 22 years now. who would have ever thought!!
we were talking at lunch today about all you guys and all the miles yall put in. ( and the beer yall drank) You were one of the best runners in the area.

you still planning on the du in Dallas to qualify for world du? i am planning to make the trip to Maryland for the Blackwater Du in July to hopefully get a world spot.
all this running Dev has me doing ( his influence has been tremendous, Thanks DEV) is getting me ready.
Jana

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
reporting in for the first time:

april 7th: 1:20 15k trail race: 80 pts
april 8th: 1:15 swim 50 pts
2:15 bike 67 pts
total so far: 197pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sat. Apr. 7 - :90 trainer, :87 run - 147
Sun. Apr. 8 - :45 rollers, :20 run -50

3 -day total - 330 points
Quote Reply

Prev Next