Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>but once you get much over 90 minutes, you can see how indoor riding deserves some more points! <<

You will never convince me. Maybe I'll get on Slowman's fit bike and spin at 5 mph for 3 hours watching a movie. Yeah, that would be tough. Or not.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
April 11:
Bike morning commute: 1h17: 38.5 points
"reverse brick":
run: 35 mins: 35 points
Bike evening commute: 53 mins: 26.5 points
Total: 100 points

April 12:
Total: 0 points. Commute to NJ for the day... with 10 cms of snow.. I actually cannot complain! :)

Cheers,
Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 6 Total: 0 pts (yes, I suck)

But, tomorrow I'll be training with Cathy and the other gals at Xantusia, so I hope to make up for some lost time this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 6 4/11
1:18 mnt bike ride - 39 pnts
30 min dreadmill run - 30 pnts

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wed
120min run = 120pts
45min CT = 30pts
Total = 150pts

Camp Total = 673

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The way to "game" the points system is to run, a lot, and every day.

WED
Run 113 mins = 113 pts
Swim 17 mins* = 11 pts
Wed total = 124 pts

* yes, a lousy f'n 17 mins of swimming. I get to the club, and the "deep water aerobics" is not quite over yet. Blue hair fiesta. When it ends, I immediately jump in the newly created lap lane (the pool is only 15y long, so "swimming" here sucks at its best), and get going. After 2-3 laps, I now have a half dozen lanemates, and we start circle swimming. The youngest of my group (besides me) is probably low 70's. So, I'm doing fist drills, then RaLA drills, and still swimming up the back of everybody, even when I give them a half length head start after each length.
After 17 mins I just gave up. Couldn't do it anymore.
Of course, by the time I get cleaned up and dressed and head back to my appt at work, the pool is now nearly empty..... <heavy sigh>

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April 11th:

67 minutes in the pool = 44.66 points ( do we round up/down, to the .5? )

Camp total: 372.66

And for the record, at least today, there *is* snow in downtown Chicago. Heh. Perhaps more slush than anything else, and probably not skiable, but it's still snow. ;)

--
I ride Felt.
Last edited by: coredump: Apr 11, 07 19:58
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cathy, if you can spin for 3hours at 5 mph, you deserve 120 points. My butt hurts thinking about how painful such a ride would be. I think most people around here are honest enough to claim points if and when they do a "real workout".

Anyway, I wanted to do an update tonite, but I have too much work related stuff to get done before I go to bed. Next update, hopefully over lunch hour tomorrow.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
the pool is only 15y long, so "swimming" here sucks at its best),
Do you take any strokes or do you just do flip turns for the entire swim? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [astroman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Astroman....I am supposed to be back in Tokyo May 20-21-22. I am hoping to synch up with KS for some riding like last year if scheduling works out...I should have all day on the Sunday free.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=954764;
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If there aren't any points for going hard or easy why does it matter if I ride inside or out."

I will give you two reasons:

1. Inside on the trainer = no coasting

2. Inside on the trainer = no stop lights, stop signs, yieding, etc.

If you take total pedaling time I bet the point system is pretty close.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for 4/11

am 60 min swim ...40 points
30 min run ...30 points
15 min strength training...10 points
pm 30 min swim ...20 points

day total ...100 points

camp total ...371 points

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wed. 4/11:

run: 1:47 (107 pts)
swim: 42:00 (28 pts)
bike: 1:31 (45.5 pts)

Day's total: 180.5

CAMP TOTAL: 920.6

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bruce Bornhurst
M 50- 54
Totals for Wed 4-11
Bike. 3:25 - 102 points
Run. 52 - 52 points
Total. 154 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wednesday:
Swim 1 hour: 40 pts.
run 55 minutes: 55 pts.

Wednesday total: 95 pts.
Weekly total: 699

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April 11
Run 56 min (56 points), Bike 90 min (60 points) = Total 116 points
Running Total 631 points

Some of you dude and dudettes are absolute animals.
Impressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [jana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi, the weather in the canadian rockies was cold this morning but very nice by afternoon.
april 11
bike 1hrs 15 37pts
swim 1hrs 10 46pts
total of day 83pts total for the week 615pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Work kept me late grrrr so I missed my longer run :(

Day 6
40 min swim at lunch = 26.6664
45 min indoor bike @ 10pm = 29.9997

Day 6 Total = 56.6661

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No matter how you slice it, somebody will think it ain't right. I think riding PCs should be worth more points than riding regular or trainer, but why overcomplicate things. Trainer/spin/CT bike is fat points, so I leave the road bike with it's PCs until next week.

Meanwhile, upon further review I f-ed up the math and Day 5 total should have been 318 instead of 316, so I was carbon yesterday and didn't even know it. I think all this training is making me stupid...
Or was I stupid before all this started?

Day Six
Morning run 1:02 = 62
Swim 0:53 = 35.3
Spin 1:28 = 58.7
brick run = 0:47 = 47
Day Six Total = 203
Six day total of 1454.5

I hear an echoing sound in my nearly empty gas tank. I'm holding on tight for Friday, because I'll probably be doing approximately nada on Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping to run, but probably no more than 60-90 minutes each day.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [gavnunns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 6:

1 hour of weights- 40 points. 30 minutes on the trainer-20 points. Total for day 60 points. Oh yeah and 25 minutes of stretching - zero points!

Total is 330.

FYI I am in the F45-49 age group. Although I really didn't want to disclose that since there are apparently some VERY dedicated athletes in that age group here.
Last edited by: almost tri-ing: Apr 11, 07 21:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AM Bike 75 mins for 38 pts

Lunch Swim 30 mins for 20 pts

Late Pm Run 30 mins for 30 pts.

Day 6 Total: 88 pts

Running Total: 578 pts
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WED
1:06 bike commuting = 33pts
2:54 bike = 87pts
0:36 brik run = 36pts
Total = 156pts

Camp Total = 817pts

After the ride with intervals and a steady brik run I was quite tired. Therefore I skipped the run this morning.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wednesday Totals

40 mins on a spin bike = 26 points
45 min run = 45 points

TOTAL = 71 points...

(My workout tomorrow is going to suck since i'm still watching hockey...aren't the playoffs the best?!)

===============================

member of the Litespeed Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wednesday: 90 minute masters workout, 60 points
35 minute run, 35 points
total for day: 95 points
total for camp: 574 points

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply

Prev Next