Re: PLATINUM!!! [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bruce Bornhurst
M 50/54
Totals for Sunday 4-15-2007

Bike = 2:02 = 61 points
Run = 1:11 = 71 points
Total for day = 132 points

Thank you Dev for putting this together! I learned a few new things. Next time you make your way through Los Angeles on a business trip or whatever, even if it is for just a few hours, PM me at bbornhurst@enclos.com and I will pick you up and you can sample 1ST hand some of the great training areas that the Pasadena Triathlon Club frequents.

Thanx again!
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, so first of all, Dev, DO NOT try to lose 5 lbs in three weeks and then expect to have a decent race at Wildflower, which is a nasty course under the best conditions. Let the weight come off gradually (and it will once the weather warms). You'll race better when the season is in full swing. WF is like an exhibition game - nobody is really in top shape, so don't treat it like an "A" race.

So I got up extra early this morning in order to knock off a long run. 1:46 for about 12 miles and then rewarded myself with a huge breakfast (two passes through the buffet at the Marriott... )
On the way home I stopped at the club for a swim-spin-run, and I thought that might put me close to matti58, depending on what sort of weather and will he was having today. I am so toasted, that I will be doing exactly NADA tomorrow. No, wait, I have to lead a spin - brick workout tomorrow night... $h!t... Well, I'll be loafing on the spin part that's for sure!!

So after totalling things, it looks like I need a 0:22 run to take this thing, and it's probably too late for matti to get back out there... How evil is this??

So I've got
Morning run 1:47 = 107
Swim 1:15 = 50
Spin 1:02 = 41.3
Brick run 0:48 = 48

Day 10 (sub) Total = 246.3
Ten day total = 2199.5

So I'm sitting here and my GF just handed me a glass of very appropriate w(h)ine:
Beaulieu Vineyards - Beauzeaux... REALLY!!

So I lift my glass to toast the champion. Nice work matti. I am soooo done with this thing.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Last edited by: Cousin Elwood: Apr 15, 07 19:08
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elwood - BV is some tasty stuff. We toured the vineyard there back in the day.

Enjoy your platinum celebratory beverage(s)!!! You earned 'em and then some.
When I grow up I wanna be like you ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"When I grow up I wanna be like you ;-) "
- - When I grow up I just wanna be grown up...
Probably too late!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big Big Day 10....

am Swim 60 mins for 40 pts.

pm Run 30 mins for 30 pts.

Was going to bike but with the rain/snow and 35F weather decided to have a few Anchor Steam Ales and watch Sid the Kid play.

Day 10 Totals: 70 pts.

Final Total: 946 pts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
april 15:
S 1:00......40 points
wts. 1:00....40 points

total: 80 points

peggy
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sun. 15/04: 1:30 bike ride, including a jaunt up a mountain 45 pts

CAMP TOTAL: 1309.6

S: 4:22
B: 27:47 (all outdoors and mostly vertical or in the wind)
R: 5:03
Total: 37:12

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are my last points for the easter camp:

Sat 14th
1:05 run = 67pts

This was a 12km with some km warming up. It was much too warm for mid April (26C) and a lot of people suffered. After a hard training week I suffered also from the heat and run a slow 3:58pace

Total = 67pts

Camp Total = 1185pts

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DP-744pts for the whole camp-thanks for this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last Day!

Bike outdoors 3 hrs = 90 pts
Run 90 min = 90 pts
Swim 60 min = 40 pts

Total: 220 pts

Mahalo Dev!
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  1. Cousin Elwood...great job...you going to be at Wildflower?
  2. Trevor, you should have had a 100 lb barbell and you could have done 60 min of squats continuously while watching Sid the Kid play....that boy is amazing. He is going to have a 200 pt season before his career is done
  3. Felix, congrats on your race in Switzerland. You realize that all that warm air in Europe is pushing the polar cold mass further north on your side and it is sliding down south on our side. This morning we are getting 10 cm of snow. It was below zero, 2 degree rain, or snowing for every day of the camp. Thankfully it is over, but I might XC ski today!
  4. Woleai, great job closing off the camp
  5. Everyone, post your results by 5 pm PDT today and I will have final results up today. I won't promise to be as fast as sportstats!
  6. By the way, I did up my camp totals:
    1. 7 K swimming
    2. 400K biking (way too many trainer rides, or when outdoors in near zero temps)
    3. 165K running
    4. 4x Weights
    5. 60 K rollerskiing
    6. 35 hours

Last edited by: devashish paul: Apr 16, 07 3:47
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [jana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jana, I am watching :) hopefully running next year.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
  1. Felix, congrats on your race in Switzerland. You realize that all that warm air in Europe is pushing the polar cold mass further north on your side and it is sliding down south on our side. This morning we are getting 10 cm of snow. It was below zero, 2 degree rain, or snowing for every day of the camp. Thankfully it is over, but I might XC ski today!
Oh sh**. The last two weeks had sunny and warm weather. And since easter the afternoon temperatures are >20C. This is fantastic for training (and relaxing in the garden). Yesterday I even swam a short distance in a small lake (without wetsuit).
And it looks like the weather goes on like this.

My camp kilometers are:
6.9km swimming, 538km biking, 107km running -> ~28h Training

But for me it was a two week camp with:
week 1: 9.0/500,7/81.5km 25hours
week 2: 6.9/350.2/83 km 20hours
Now I will do one rest week followed by a hard training week. After that the tapering for IM Lanzarote starts :)

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weekend totals:

Saturday:
30 mins swimming - 20 points
30 mins run - 30 points

Saturday total: 50 points

Sunday:
65 mins running for 65 points.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weekend results:

Sat - 2hrs on bike trainer - 80 points
Sun - 45 min run - 45 points

mp
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Kilometers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Total Reported through Wednesday = 496

Add Wednesday run after trainer ride - 12m = 12pts

Thur 60m trainer/45m run = 85pts
Fri 90m outdoor ride/45m swim = 75pts
Sat 85m run/10m swim/ 35m trainer = 115pts
Sun 2hr 40m outdoor ride/10m run 90pts

Camp total 873 pts
Last edited by: Kilometers: Apr 16, 07 6:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April 14:
30 mins bike-20 pts
15 mins run-15 pts

35 pts

April 15:
Olympic dist. Tri
21 min swim: 14 pts
1:10 bike: 47 pts
43 run: 43 pts

104 pts

TOTAL: 609
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bah, you picked my big race weekend of the spring for the camp. :( Totals for the whole time:

April 6th: 55 min bike = 27.5
April 7th: 50M run 9:42:40 = 582.7
April 9th: 82 min bike = 41
April 11th: 79 min bike = 39.5
April 14th: 1:17 run = 77

Grand total...sorta...767.7. Ah well, next time maybe I will beat Aluminum. It's too bad that hours of vigorous limping around the house don't count!

Mad
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felix...I ended up with the opposite...last week 21, this week 24! I have to get as much in as possible...May is 3 weeks of business travel out of 4 including one weekend on the road...I guess it is built in rest (or more run till you drop) !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev
Thank You Very Much, this has been a great help.
It's great that you're here to get these things going and provide the motivation!

See you at EPICMAN.

Peter

Here are the last 3 days.

Fri 13th

Bike Inside 90 min 60 pts
Run 20 min 20 pts
Swim 90 min 60 pts

Day 140 pts
Camp Total 1083 pts

Sat 14th

Bike Outside 72 min 36 pts
Run 120 min 120 pts

Day 156 pts
Camp Total 1239 pts

Sun 15th

Bike Outside in the rain 80 min 40 pts

Day 40 pts
Camp Total 1279 pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apr 15: 60' outdoor ride = 30 pts
Total = 30 pts

I didn't have a great start to this camp, but I ended with 3 fantastic days at Xantusia where I did over 9 hrs of riding and 2 hrs of running. Plus, lots of fun with the Gals of Slowtwitch. Thanks to Cathy for dragging my butt all over the desert! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone thought of using Google's web-based spreadsheet application to compile the data? Would it feasible (and easier) to create a new google account called SlowtwitchTrainingCamp or something like that, then distribute the password here so everyone can enter their own training log for the virtual camp? Maybe this would obviate the need for a compiler.

My egocentric blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4/13- 2hr Surf=48pts
4/14- 2hr Surf=48pts
4/15- 3hr Bike=90pts
Weekend total= 186pts... way short of my goal... I blame my addiction to surf!

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Peter Tye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter, congrats on getting into Carbon Fiber club! Awesome job and I am sure that the Montreal weather was just as bad as Ottawa...are you guys getting snow or rain this morning?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are my final numbers, Dev. A big week for a single dad but I think I missed Carbon... maybe flax or hemp level?

Friday: Run 34 pts, skate 15 pts... yes, using 0.5 for the skating
Saturday: Swim 42 min = 28 pts
Sunday: Run (21K) = 122 pts

Total= 199

I think that puts me over 400. Is that good for a "poser"?

Jamie
Quote Reply

Prev Next