Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 4

105min indoor bike - 69.9993
45 min run - 45
Day 4 Total = 114.9993

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
reporting in for april 9th:

40pts 1hr swim (600 drills, 1000 fist/free, 1000 T-pace free, 400 cooldown)
40pts 1hr CT session (10 min warmup, 4 min one legged,
20 min zone 2, 5 min zone 1, 20 min zone 3, 1 min cooldown)

total: 287

dev: small error in your data entry. i started a day late, so my numbers need to move right 1 cell.
age group: 40-44

hoping to pick up some longer runs and ride later this week to try to catch some of you. we'll see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After 2 days of slacking, I'm making a comeback.

141 points today

Run 61 minutes (61 points)
Bike 2 hrs (80 points)

I saw that you had the Age Group on the chart, I am in the dreaded 35-39 age group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
am workout 75 min trail run for 75 pts.

pm workout 60 min swim workout for 40 pts.

Day 4 total 115 pts

Running Total: 390 pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to eat first! Monty is still an excellent cook.

Fri. 4/6: swim 1:15 -- 50 points
Sat. 4/7: bike outdoors 8:13 -- 246.5 points
Sun. 4/8: bike outdoors 1:10 -- 35 points; run 20:00 -- 20 points (55 total)

Mon. 4/9:
run: 1:36 (96 pts)
swim: 1:25 (56.6 pts)
bike outdoors: 1:46 (53 pts)
total: 205.6 pts

CAMP TOTAL: 557.1

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DAY 3:
Run - 1:11 - 71 points

TOTAL POINTS: 300

http://www.ksweetstrispot.blogspot.com

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge
Contemporary Alternative Care

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is late, but I've been traveling.

FRI
45min swim = 30pts
1 Hour CT = 40pts
35min run = 35pts
Total = 105pts

SAT
45min CT = 30pts
40min run = 40pts
Total = 70pts

SUN
30min CT = 20pts
60min run = 60pts
Total = 80pts

MON
45min swim = 30pts
2 hours CT = 80pts
Total = 110pts

Running Total = 365

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday 4-9
Travel Day. Moved camp to White Mnts AZ today

60 mins outdoor bike

Bruce Bornhurst
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
april 9:
bike 34 minutes 17 points
swim 40 26 points
run 43 43 points

day's total: [u]86 points[/u]

peggy
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [pmcdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day four: Road Computrainer in Ergo Mode. 28 minute warm up, then 10*2:30 intervals with 20 second recovery, then a cool down. Total was 65 minutes = 43 points. Also twenty five minutes of stretching...how many points for that?

Total for four days 230.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of a lazy day...

My 60 minute run turned into a 73 minute run...and that wasn't a good thing...

73 minute run = 73 points

That's all today...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day four (April 9)
All day spin bike and run combo
Spin bike 3:36 + SPin class 0:57 - total 273 minutes = 182
Run 1:19 + brick after spin 0:31 - total 110 minutes = 110
Day four total 292

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sun 4/8 23 mins swim = 15 pts total
Mon 4/9 1.5 hours on trainer = 60 pts
30 min run = 30 pts
25 min swim = 16 pts
total = 106 pts total
This is when I make my run for the MOP :-p

Aloha,
Matt
Last edited by: furndog: Apr 9, 07 23:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day Four:

Swim 1 hr = 40 pts.
Run 30 min = 30 pts.
Bike trainer 1 hr = 40 pts.

Total: 110 pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev,

Day 4 April 9th

Run 20 mins = 20 points
Bike Trainer 70 mins = 47 points
Weights 15 mins = 10 points

Day 4 Total = 77 points

Camp Subtotal = 381

Male 45 to 49

Thanx!

Keren
https://www.triathlonintokyo.org/
https://quintanarootri.com/ https://en-jp.wahoofitness.com/ https://www.worldtriathlonstore.com/
Last edited by: astroman: Apr 10, 07 0:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot to log my points over easter. Here are my trainings:

FRI

1:53 bike = 56pts
1:08 run = 68pts
Total = 125pts

SAT
3:53bike = 116pts
0:44 brik run = 44pts
Total = 160pts

SUN
Rest Day (after 25h Training Mo-Sat, 9/501/82km)
Total = 0pts

MON
3:16bike = 98pts
0:44 brik run = 44pts
Total = 142pts

TUE
2:15run = 135pts
Total = 135pts

Running Camp Total = 562 (AG 30-35)

This evening we will go to a orienteering event/race. Later there is the swim training of my tri club.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should caveat...I have the lockout feature, so it was:

15 warm up
20 unlocked -- this was humbling and I discovered that I have been pedaling with only one and one half legs...
30 locked
30 unlocked -- very hard
30 locked
40 unlocked -- got some of the coordination down so I didn't have to ride in the 53 x 12 the whole time.
5 locked
44 unlocked -- just stubborn
5 locked
23 unlocked -- falling apart by the end, hysterical
locked the rest of the way.

I was actually able to stand up for 4 or 5 pedal strokes at stoplights. I thought that would take weeks to be able to do.

In reply to:

FOUR HOURS? Holy crap!! My first ride on PCs was 45 minutes and it would have been a lot less but I road out for twenty+ and had to either ride home or call a cab... Didn't have any money with me.
My first 4-hour ride on PCs didn't happen for three weeks and even Saturday riding the Vineman loop with Karma and some other friends I was doing 20-30 second pulls and then coasting. My hip flexors are being somewhat slow in getting behind this whole PC experiment.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I have the lockout feature"
- - So do I, and I almost wish I had listened to Frank and saved the money. Now that I've been riding them for over a month I've only used the lockout feature twice and both times it was only for a few minutes. What I found was that by the time I "gave up" and locked them out my legs were so trashed that the lockout didn't help that much.

The one time I was rather glad I had it was my first time up Mt Diablo. The lockout helped me get back down, because my hip flexors were so trashed I couldn't hold my inside pedal up on turns!! The other time I had a malfunction and the right crank wouldn't engage, so without the lockout I'd have been one-legging with my weak leg up a monster hill.

I got the PCs specifically to recondition my left leg after knee surgery, and I think they've been awesome for that. Like Frank says, I've noticed that I'm running better (consecutive "PRs" at every run I've done this year, which is two 5Ks and two half marys. My last half mary I set a 5K PR to open the run and then PRed the half. Although the caveat there is that they were old-guy PRs. I've run a lot faster many years ago, before the injuries that sidelined me for years, so these are PRs on the comeback trail after about twenty years off. Still, I give half the credit to my ortho and PT and the other half to Frank.

Last weekend I finally felt like I had the PCs working to the point where I rode 4.5 hours with some strong riders and I was able to hang, except that I still couldn't take a pull at the front because I'm pedalling 30 seconds and coasting... So what that tells me (I think) is that if I were riding my race bike sans PCs, I'd have crushed them all like bugs. Or at least that's what I'm hoping to discover when I pull the race bike out in a couple of months.

Frank says it's important to ride them exclusively if you can. Unfortunately, as a spin instructor, I ride 3-6 hours a week on a bike with no freewheel, so the adaptation has been a little slow for me. Still, I'm feeling like this was the best investment I've made in quite some time. At the rate you're going, you'll be all PC all the time and back to full speed by next weekend.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[size 2]Hi Dev
Sorry about the late post, I don't have internet access on weekends
and my long weekend included easter monday instead of good friday.

Friday 6th
101 min run 101 points
75 min bike indoors 50 points
----------
Daily total 151 points
Camp total 151 points

Sat 7th
80 min run 80 points
2h15min bike indoors 90 points
----------
Daily total 170 points
Camp total 321 points

Sun 8th
1h45min bike indoors 70 points
----------
Daily total 70 points
Camp total 391 points

Mon 9th
12 min run 12 points
2h50min bike outdoors 90 points
1h30 min swim 60 points
----------
Daily total 157 points
Camp total 548 points

Peter[/size]
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK Dev, since you were so gracious to allow lazy slackers like me to get in late, here are the (pathetic) tallies so far:

FRI
30 mins BTN (BikeToNowhere aka trainer) = 20 pts
13 mins swim cordz = 8 pts
Fri total = 28 pts

SAT
83 mins run = 83 pts
36 mins BTN = 24 pts
Sat total = 107 pts

SUN
Blue & Pink Goose Egg - 0 pts
Sun total = 0 pts

MON
76 mins run = 76 pts
56 mins swim = 37 pts
Mon total = 113 pts

4 day total = 248 pts

(need to avg 125 pts / day for the next 6 days if'n I wanna hit the Silver Club)

Got a 60 min run this am (might try to sneak in a quick swim at lunch), and then a bike ride after work pending, so I'll update my Tues tally later.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Folks,

This morning I woke up with good intentions again to ride outdoors. I had my coffee and Oats and head down to the basement to do some stretching and change into my riding clothes, and then I come upstairs, look out the window and in the brief 10 min, we got 2 cm of snow...enough to make it a bit dangerous for riding...so I ended up running for 70 minutes with 15x100m race pace pickups, then I returned home, rode the trainer hard for 30 min doing the Cathy Morgan approved M2 workout. Then I came upstairs and it looked like the snow on the road was melting with all the morning commuter traffic so I hopped on the bike and rode the final 30 min outdoors to work in zero degree (celsius weather). Good for 105 points. I hope to double it up with a 40 min run at lunch and then a 40 min bike commute this evening.

Here are the updated standings as of this morning. I have hilighted in yellow everyone who has passed bronze club (500 points, and some have already surpassed Aluminium club...750 points). Peter Tye, I just noted your posting, but I had uploaded the jpeg of the standings, so I will include yours in tonite's update. By the end of the day today, we'll be halfway through this camp with a lot of training left to go.

If you are feeling tired, back off on the intensity and the volume a bit. You can really do yourself in by going overboard now...a few lighter days and you can pour it on over the weekend.

I just noticed that I forgot to hilight Cousin Elwood who is the official "tete du course" right now, but we are waiting for updates from Matti58, CPT Chao and Kus to see if the Cousin Elwood breakaway is for real or short lived. Woleai seems to have backed off a bit, perhaps saving his legs for a big push to blow the competition into the stands as he sprints to the finish....we're still a long way from Paris though....just got over the Pyranees and still need to do the Alpes and final ITT :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totals for Monday, 4/9

AM: Swim with masters...1 hour. 40 pts.

PM: Run 65 minutes / 10 minutes of core strength. 71 pts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, thanks again for doing this camp....it's quite fun and helps me deal with the crappy weather!

You forgot to add my day 4 (Monday, April 9) totals so I'll post them again:
Monday (day 4):
1 hour swim=40pts
1 hour bike=40 pts
Total: 80 pts

Also, Tuesday (day 5):
1:15 bike=50pts
2:45 run=165 pts
Total:215pts

Thanks again!

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, a quick update to include Peter and Murphy's Law!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4/9- 45min Swim and 35min Run= 64.7pts
Camp total: 270.20pts

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply

Prev Next