Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:
BTW, found another issue with the 920 that might help people. It looks like it won't connect to my home WiFi because it keeps changing the stored password. When I reconnect to Garmin Express, it shows the stored password as changed, replacing the middle six or so characters with all zeros. Anybody else get this?

Brett, I had that problem with Garmin Express on my Mac. It was fixed when I upgraded to the newest version. I can now connect to WiFi!

Garmin Express>About Garmin Express>Check for Application Updates
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [alexneum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexneum wrote:
Does anybody have their Garmin 920 connecting/losing & reconnecting to their heart rate strap or foot pod, or even the speed sensor. Most annoying thing, that it keeps connecting, and it vibrate every time it does it. I was on the treadmill for 10mins, and the foodpod and heart rate strap connected to my watch around 5 times each.

Any ideas?

I had that problem on my trainer with the SPD/Cadence sensor
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlete37 wrote:
Where from?

HRM USA (800) 403-8285.... Said they had plenty.....

Hook Em' Horns
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [joggernut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joggernut wrote:
texafornia wrote:
BTW, found another issue with the 920 that might help people. It looks like it won't connect to my home WiFi because it keeps changing the stored password. When I reconnect to Garmin Express, it shows the stored password as changed, replacing the middle six or so characters with all zeros. Anybody else get this?

Brett, I had that problem with Garmin Express on my Mac. It was fixed when I upgraded to the newest version. I can now connect to WiFi!

Garmin Express>About Garmin Express>Check for Application Updates

That fixed it! Thanks a million!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [alexneum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexneum wrote:
Does anybody have their Garmin 920 connecting/losing & reconnecting to their heart rate strap or foot pod, or even the speed sensor. Most annoying thing, that it keeps connecting, and it vibrate every time it does it. I was on the treadmill for 10mins, and the foodpod and heart rate strap connected to my watch around 5 times each.

Any ideas?

I have had it happen with my 920XT and my power meter. I have had no problems with the same power meter at the same distance or further from the following other devices 910XT, Edge 500, Edge 510, and Trainer Road via ANT+ stick. The 920XT read zeroes for all of the drop outs and ended up with different averages than an Edge 510 recording at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had issues with my Wifi, setting up the watch in both OS X and Windows 8.1. What finally worked was giving the watch a static IP address. No issues since.

For those that like to be on the bleeding edge. Beta firmware 2.57 is out: http://www8.garmin.com/..._details.jsp?id=7627

Adds Ski/Snowboard mode, improves Wifi, and improves barometer calibration.

I've had no issues with the upgrade yet, but I'd definitely back up your device if you decide to do this. Reverting back to the 2.50 will wipe all your settings.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [fredclausen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI it sounds this is a known issue with some watches.

https://forums.garmin.com/...and-Connecting/page4
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 920 froze today during swim activity

Just had it for about a week. During my pool swim this morning it suddenly stopped recording. It would still react to button presses.
I kept swimming and when I finished I stopped the activity and chose save.
It went to "Saving" and that's where it stuck.

I had to soft reset (15 sec. on/off button hold) and it recovered.
The activity was there but as expected only half way through when it stopped recording.

Anybody had that problem yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Olu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you give it a static IP address? Also mine now works if I'm within about 5 feet of the modem. If I go to another room, it times out and says no wifi available.

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:
How do you give it a static IP address? Also mine now works if I'm within about 5 feet of the modem. If I go to another room, it times out and says no wifi available.

If it's working close to the router, then it's more likely that your wifi is getting interference from another 2.4ghz device. Giving the unit a static IP wouldn't help with that. I'd try a few different wifi channels to see if you can avoid the issue. I'd try channels 1, 11 first.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [bozo3000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 920 also stopped recording in the pool today. It worked all the way until I started doing some 25yd intervals. Then it wouldn't record anything. Hopefully it isn't a major issue and something that can be fixed with the next patch.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have GPS accuracy issues? The watch gets GPS lock just fine and is usually spot on, but for several workouts I've noticed that the location data can drift off course for long periods of time although GPS visibility is just fine. I'm using GLONASS by the way, will try disabling it for now. I've had the watch for 2 weeks now and have used it almost daily. I've also noticed that during multisport workouts when transitioning from bike to run the watch can take forever to lock on to my footpod during transition. Hopefully these are SW issues that will be fixed through firmware updates.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [va1210] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gps seems pretty good cycling and running but its hopeless for me in open water swimming - shows me as going all over the place, including well onto land!
i'm guessing there must be something about my arm stroke pattern that it doesnt like as DC rainmaker said the tracking is pretty good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olu wrote:
texafornia wrote:

If it's working close to the router, then it's more likely that your wifi is getting interference from another 2.4ghz device. Giving the unit a static IP wouldn't help with that. I'd try a few different wifi channels to see if you can avoid the issue. I'd try channels 1, 11 first.

I figured out part of the problem. It will connect when not on my wrist, but won't when I'm wearing it, standing in the exact same spot. I think the antenna is blocked by flesh and it needs a lot of signal to actually work.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:
Olu wrote:

I figured out part of the problem. It will connect when not on my wrist, but won't when I'm wearing it, standing in the exact same spot. I think the antenna is blocked by flesh and it needs a lot of signal to actually work.

I guess you were the 2.4ghz device lol!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally. And my warranty expired long ago!

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first open water swim that I did I had the same problem. I swum around 350m and it was showing 800. I stopped in the water and the watch continued increasing distance, around 10m per second even though I was stood still. I tried turning Glonass off and the remainder of my swim was fine. After downloading it the map shows the first section as all over the place, but after the Glonass was turned off the track becomes pretty accurate. Ever since it's been fine, and the plot has lined up more or less with where I thought I swam.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been hearing issues with GLONASS every since this watch was released. I just got mine and haven't used GLONASS and all my tracks have been spot on. Considering GLONASS drains battery I say go without it until it's fixed and proven to be superior.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting - i was surprised glonass was off by default and switched it on as its supposed to improve accuracy by giving more satellite options. maybe there is a bug with it or something specific to the open water swim mode - perhaps having 2 systems confuses matters in the second it gets to lock on as the arm rolls over. thanks for the tip, will turn off glonass and see how i go.

i've also found the bluetooth and wifi disappointing. bluetooth has to be re-paired when it comes back into range of my android. wifi doesn't connect automatically
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should we back that glonass up?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just posting back an update. I updated 2.57 and all of my wifi issues are now solved. Uploaded my ride before I even made it into the house today.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all new products like these GPS watches...especially multisport with tons of functions...there will be issues that need to be continually addressed...that's why updates exist. Let's just hope there are no major issues that Garmin decides are not worth while to fix. Otherwise, I would guess within 6 months most of these issues will be fixed.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For sure. Part of buying something new to the market. I have no problem with it. Just keeping the info stream rolling so that when someone clicks in with the same problem they find some possible solutions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear the 930 is gonna be awesome ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is elevation data looking better with 2.57 too?

Also, does anyone have a good estimate for how long it takes for the race predictor to "settle in" to be reasonably accurate? I know it's just an estimate, but I was a little disappointed to cover 5k of my 7.3 mile run in 20:59 yesterday and have a 5k race prediction of 22:11 after the run.
Quote Reply

Prev Next