Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loutriguy wrote:
How do you get all your activities under one activity? I have a 910 and when I do Multisport it breaks it into different segments.
Supposedly any new multisport upload to the new Garmin Connect site will keep the activity intact as a single event.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So courses lost the manual zoom feature from the previous models. Now the watch defaults to some zoom level (.3miles or .6miles depending who you ask) and doesn't allow the user to change that. When stopped it switches to full zoom out. Useless implementation since at .5 miles you can not tell where to turn when turns are closely spaced. Too bad, will not be buying the 920.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [amgray13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amgray13 wrote:
920xt data from Kona. Don't be too critical of the effort, had some really bad cramps develop and build throughout the run.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/610553385

Can you speak to the quality of the color screen, readability, refresh rate, and usability in low/bright light? I've seen it stated that this not a LCD screen like in the Garmin 510, which is horrible IMO. Just keen to hear about experience with a new color screen tech.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
amgray13 wrote:
920xt data from Kona. Don't be too critical of the effort, had some really bad cramps develop and build throughout the run.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/610553385

Congrats and thanks for sharing, pretty good performance! The new multisport activity on garmin connect is quite nice.
Can't wait to get my 920XT!

Free Indoor Cycling Software - https://maximumtrainer.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
So courses lost the manual zoom feature from the previous models. Now the watch defaults to some zoom level (.3miles or .6miles depending who you ask) and doesn't allow the user to change that. When stopped it switches to full zoom out. Useless implementation since at .5 miles you can not tell where to turn when turns are closely spaced. Too bad, will not be buying the 920.

The only thing you need to say in your posts is - "I won't buy the 920" and save the rest of the effort of typing anything...

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, yes I know, it's not navigation. How many useless times did you repeat that. Could have saved much typing, including your response here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No heart rate data for your swim, and your swim was measured quite long. Great swim though!

I also see your bike elevation reads as 4006. What is it with elevation correction enabled?

Great race! You have no reason to apologize.

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No HR data from the whole race ;), forgot my strap at the condo. Yes, the swim measured a bit long. I have noticed from using the 910 that the longer the open water swim, the further the measure seems to be off, or maybe it's just more noticeable. This can be seen where it thinks I exited the swim early (hit lap button right on the exit stairs). This file does not have elevation correction. It is all barometric altimeter. I do not know that I can enable elevation correction in the new Garmin connect after the event. I think it has to be done in the watch, like including zeros in the power calculation. IMO it functioned really well/more stable than the 910. Took the watch up to the Mauna Kea observatory at ~9000 ft the day before and the watch was reading in the 8900s, very close.

The screen was very easy to read, easier than the 910, and I really like that it can be used as a watch. As far as I know, this is the same screen found in the 620/220. Not once in all three portions did I find the watch hard to read. The watch does work as well as a watch can in lowlight, but has a very bright backlight if needed. In full sunlight, the screen is crystal clear and easy to read.

Proudly Team BSR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
amgray13 wrote:
No HR data from the whole race ;), forgot my strap at the condo. Yes, the swim measured a bit long. I have noticed from using the 910 that the longer the open water swim, the further the measure seems to be off, or maybe it's just more noticeable. This can be seen where it thinks I exited the swim early (hit lap button right on the exit stairs). This file does not have elevation correction. It is all barometric altimeter. I do not know that I can enable elevation correction in the new Garmin connect after the event. I think it has to be done in the watch, like including zeros in the power calculation. IMO it functioned really well/more stable than the 910. Took the watch up to the Mauna Kea observatory at ~9000 ft the day before and the watch was reading in the 8900s, very close.

The screen was very easy to read, easier than the 910, and I really like that it can be used as a watch. As far as I know, this is the same screen found in the 620/220. Not once in all three portions did I find the watch hard to read. The watch does work as well as a watch can in lowlight, but has a very bright backlight if needed. In full sunlight, the screen is crystal clear and easy to read.

The swim course actually is long - about 2.6 miles, so the 920xt is reasonably accurate there.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
amgray13 wrote:

I read that the 920xt uses color e-ink (like a Kindle) which accounts for it's clarity and longer battery life. I've only read one source that claims this so not sure how true it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad about the elevation because the reported figures for the Kona elevation are all over the place. One web site had something like 6600 feet of gain! I don't think I'm capable of that kind of gain and then doing a marathon.... But you certainly are.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Robert wrote:
Too bad about the elevation because the reported figures for the Kona elevation are all over the place. One web site had something like 6600 feet of gain! I don't think I'm capable of that kind of gain and then doing a marathon.... But you certainly are.

-Robert

I did Kona in '09, '11 and '13. Three different Garmins, three different elevations:

Garmin 705: 5600 ft
Garmin 500: 4100 ft
Garmin 510: 4000 ft

I rounded these, but at least the Garmins are converging. 4000ish seems right.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. Thanks! I can do 4000. ;)
-Robert

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did Garmin release the official release date? Or is it just "November"?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [stayaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nov. 20 is what I read.

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [stayaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They said Nov......but................Some retailers said the would have in Oct though none of the garmin stores have said they would have till middle of Nov. Back in Oct 2011 the 910 was announced to be released. I preordered immediatlly in Oct. After change after change no one had one till end of Jan and most in Feb 2012. ..........................So far they are sticking to the same pattern as last time. Road Runner Sports and some others said in Oct. Now everyone saying by Nov 14-24 depending on who. We will see if it is rolled out like last time or if they hit the market before Christmas
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a Garmin Dealer, their current official date for shipping is December 5th- stay tuned, your results could vary :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IntenseOne wrote:
I am a Garmin Dealer, their current official date for shipping is December 5th- stay tuned, your results could vary :-)

Yep, date got moved to 12/5 last week.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
IntenseOne wrote:

Yep, date got moved to 12/5 last week.

Of course it did - since my Ironman is Nov 30th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IntenseOne wrote:

Sorta. The official date depends on who you are (and where you are). ;)

Said differently: There is no official date because it already happened.

They're doing a phased shipment of units, some shipments as part of the first wave went out already, including to a handful of races (Kona, Army 10-miler), and a handful of completely random small tri shops globally (some in AUS/NZ, a few in Germany, for example).

You'll see most shipments start hitting around mid-November. Ultimately though, shipments are heavily based on pre-orders that a retailer would have put in ahead of time (about 3-4 weeks ago, pre-announce). Said differently, if a retailer didn't put those orders in, they'll likely be at the back of the line.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you a Garmin store, or are you a store that sells Garmin? If the first, can I order through you
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a store/retailer that sells Garmin. I have been told that I am at the front of the line, but who knows :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will send a pm
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazon is gave me an estimate range of November 10, 2014 - December 2, 2014 but they only have the red with hrm.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like more delays? Second email from Clever Training

Thank you for your recent order for the Garmin 920xt. This is a pre-order item that is scheduled to be released from the manufacturer in November. Unfortunately at this time we do not have a specific date available for when each order will be fulfilled. Garmin has not started shipping units to us at this time. As the release date nears and the units arrive to our warehouse, we will begin fulfilling each order based on the date it was placed. As the release date nears and shipping information becomes available from Garmin, we will be sure to update you on the status. Please do not hesitate to contact us at sales@clevertraining.com with any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Clever Training Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next