Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScottWrigleyFit wrote:
Ordered mine directly from Garmin. Figured it would be faster direct from the manufacturer. Won't make that mistake again. Last I knew they were not planning on shipping direct to customers until beginning of December.

:(

Lame
Damn! I'm on the same boat, I figured it was gonna be faster. I didn't know it was gonna be till December tho..
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [onebyte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Had mine for a few weeks now. The connectivity is the massive improvement on the 920. I like the rest screen in the pool swim. My first one failed after 4 days. There was a problem with the lap button. IE it would not work. I have a new one now so it seems to be working fine. I believe the early models had some problems with water getting in. Fingers crossed it has been resolved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last I talked to Garmin "customer service" I was told shipping would start around December 5th.

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to report my REI.com order has been updated today, it is now showing a status of "In Process" instead of "Backordered". The estimated delivery date of 10/01/2014 doesn't make much sense, but it does say that I should expect it to ship within 48 hours.

This was for a Red 920xt w/o HRM-Run.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [NateUT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't make the first wave of filled orders via clever training. they expect the next supply from Gsrmin next Wednedsy which unfortunately is a couple days late to get delivery before heading to Mexico. So now I need to start looking for any other retailer they has something in stock - which is probably very unlikely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in the same boat here, REI.com order status has been updated to In Process. I had mine shipped to the store, Expected arrival date at REI Store, Bloomington MN on or before Saturday, 11/22/2014.

This was for the Blue/Black 920xt HRM-Run.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [sdbanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must have made the first wave then, because I got an email from Clever Training indicating my unit (blue/black with HRM) was shipped 11/17. USPS tracking says I should expect delivery tomorrow (11/19). I will be leaving my office early and stalking my postal carrier! I ordered Oct 1 knowing delivery would be "some time in November" but was a little miffed when they charged me the full-freight the day I ordered.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ElGordo wrote:
I must have made the first wave then, because I got an email from Clever Training indicating my unit (blue/black with HRM) was shipped 11/17. USPS tracking says I should expect delivery tomorrow (11/19). I will be leaving my office early and stalking my postal carrier! I ordered Oct 1 knowing delivery would be "some time in November" but was a little miffed when they charged me the full-freight the day I ordered.

Paul

Its worth the wait mate
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep I ordered non bundle on 10/5. heading to an REI this weekend keeping my fingers crossed.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [sdbanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered from Clever Training on Oct 1st. Apparently the non-bundle watches haven't been shipped to retailers yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this store in Miami, FL (http://footworksmiami.com/) had at least 20 units w/ HR black and blue.
just bought mine
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! On it's way 2nd day air.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NateUT wrote:
Happy to report my REI.com order has been updated today, it is now showing a status of "In Process" instead of "Backordered". The estimated delivery date of 10/01/2014 doesn't make much sense, but it does say that I should expect it to ship within 48 hours.

This was for a Red 920xt w/o HRM-Run.

... And for no reason whatsoever I just received a cancellation notice for my order. The watch is still available for preorder on the website so it looks like I'll be calling into customer service tomorrow morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got this email today

Dear Garmin Customer:
It has recently come to our attention that the Forerunner 920XT you purchased may be subject to reduced water resistance or battery performance issues. These concerns were discovered in early models of the Forerunner 920XT. Since that time, we have revised the design and have rectified these potential issues.
These issues affect Forerunner 920XT watches within the serial number ranges listed below:
Part Number Serial Number Range
010-01174-00 41E000001 – 41E001161
010-01174-20 41E000001 – 41E001161
010-01174-01 41F000001 – 41F000654
010-01174-21 41F000001 – 41F000654
010-01174-10 41G000001 – 41G003915
010-01174-30 41G000001 – 41G003915
010-01174-11 41H000001 – 41H002311
010-01174-31 41H000001 – 41H002311
The part number of your device is located on the bottom of the Forerunner 920XT box. The serial number is on the label located on the back of the device.
We are proactively contacting you because our records indicate that your particular device may be impacted. Because Garmin stands behind its products and wants to provide its customers with the best possible experience, we are offering you a new replacement 920XT at no cost. To take advantage of this offer, please send an email to XXXXXXXX@garmin.com and provide the following information:

Customer name
Shipping address
Primary phone number
Forerunner 920XT serial number
Customer email address

Garmin will then contact you with a return merchandise authorization (RMA) to exchange your device. (Note: This does not impact accessories bundled with the Forerunner 920XT watch.)
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and thank you for being a Garmin customer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! Ordered mine today!
In Reply To:

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Katia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Katia wrote:
Got this email today

Dear Garmin Customer:
It has recently come to our attention that the Forerunner 920XT you purchased may be subject to reduced water resistance or battery performance issues. These concerns were discovered in early models of the Forerunner 920XT. Since that time, we have revised the design and have rectified these potential issues.
These issues affect Forerunner 920XT watches within the serial number ranges listed below:
Because Garmin stands behind its products and wants to provide its customers with the best possible experience, we are offering you a new replacement 920XT at no cost. To take advantage of this offer, please send an email to XXXXXXXX@garmin.com and provide the following information:

Customer name
Shipping address
Primary phone number
Forerunner 920XT serial number
Customer email address

Garmin will then contact you with a return merchandise authorization (RMA) to exchange your device. (Note: This does not impact accessories bundled with the Forerunner 920XT watch.)
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and thank you for being a Garmin customer.

Wow- that really blows. So............ do you think you will really be getting a "new" watch or will it be a refurb.?
That is very disappointing.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure I will get a new watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
excellent mine isnt affected, i missed it by a few numbers....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTRIB wrote:
this store in Miami, FL (http://footworksmiami.com/) had at least 20 units w/ HR black and blue.
just bought mine

It will be interesting to see if their batch included any of the recalled serial numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Y-Tri wrote:
MTRIB wrote:
just bought mine

It will be interesting to see if their batch included any of the recalled serial numbers.

can let you know tomorrow when mine arrives.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had my local running store order me one. Last week they told me most likely sometime the first week of December.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yet another reason why I'll wait a few more months. I so don't like to be the beta tester for products. I have enough problems....

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTRIB wrote:
just bought mine

FYI now they have 2 left if someone wants to jump on them.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [nebeachbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a notification that mine is in for pickup at gpscity (they have an online store but with a pickup option at their home location). Unfortunately I can't get out there, within their hours, before maybe tomorrow or Friday for sure. Still faster than waiting for a shipment though.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pre ordered one via gpscity... they keep changing the date on the website and can't get a good answer out of them. argh!
Quote Reply

Prev Next