Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone earlier said you can usually just google it and find a hit. I just tried RUN10 and it seems like it worked for 10% off.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [milkywaye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a few posts over in the Garmin Forum about problems with various Android phones with differing versions of Android. I can't help but think the problems lie with all the different versions of Androids and hardware in the phones, and that is really the crux of the problems.

No consolation of course, and hopefully the connections can be made to work properly. Just might take Garmin a wee while to work through.

Say what you like against Apple, at least the hardware and software are known entities and far easier for Garmin, and any other company, to work with.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [bgoldstein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thetrishop.com shipped my black/blue bundle yesterday (ordered 10/3).
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [hugoagogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [bgoldstein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the Garmin 920xt bundle yesterday from heartratemonitorsusa using the 10% off coupon (run10). They honored the discount code and provided free shipping. I got a call from them today informing me that the monitor shipped! I saved $50 using them. Couldn't be happier.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [keychain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thetrishop.com, blue/black with hrm - join their elite club at checkout for 9.99 and save 50 on the watch bundle, free shipping and no tax in CA. good deal if you ask me.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [keychain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2x, thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [vaxman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thetrishop.com, blue/black with hrm: they write that "This item is backordered and will ship ASAP (ETA 12/6)"
You also did a pre-order ?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [2dvo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the blue/black with hrm on thetrishop.com the day it came out with the elite member savings. Mine has shipped according to tracker and is expected to arrive tomorrow (11/28). not sure if you order now if that will be delayed or if they have new in stock. Maybe try calling them.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by huzier [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by squid1999 [ In reply to ]
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
There's a few posts over in the Garmin Forum about problems with various Android phones with differing versions of Android. I can't help but think the problems lie with all the different versions of Androids and hardware in the phones, and that is really the crux of the problems.

No consolation of course, and hopefully the connections can be made to work properly. Just might take Garmin a wee while to work through.

Say what you like against Apple, at least the hardware and software are known entities and far easier for Garmin, and any other company, to work with.

At a friends suggestion I put CyanogenMod on my Xperia Z1 Compact
(I had tried my wife's OnePlus One and son's MotoG.. both worked well)

Looks like most of the issues are now resolved for my device.(although the software does still hang occassionally during a sync)
It is a bit too hardcore a solution to recommend to others to do but it does show how the big a problem is for companies wanting to make a universal device compatible with the Android variants.
Last edited by: milkywaye: Nov 28, 14 6:17
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the HRM have to be worn in order to get the cadence, ground contact time, and vertical oscillation data to work?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [gtstang02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [gtstang02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No HRM needed for cadence since the watch has an accerometer. Is needed for GCT and VO.

gtstang02 wrote:
Does the HRM have to be worn in order to get the cadence, ground contact time, and vertical oscillation data to work?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [karlw2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. Thanks. Looks like I'll order the HRM model then. I'm not a big fan of wearing a HRM but I guess it wouldn't be bad to wear it every so often just to check up on my run dynamics and make sure it is still in check.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [huzier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got our 2 yesterday from our new Garmin dealer. Once I'd worked out where everything is and got in to setting them up, the only conclusion is they rock! Wifi and Bluetooth connections to iMac and iPhone no problem. Garmin Express took them in seamlessly.

They are an order of magnitude up, feature wise at least, from the 910s. Particularly like that you can load the sensors you have - speed/cadence, power, HRM, HR only etc and choose which one to assign to any specific profile. Can finally have the mountain bike set up without a cadence field.

First run tomorrow morning; swimming and cycling later. First impressions though are 120% positive.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Nov 29, 14 20:38
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are some other 920xt owner opinions of the watch vs. the 910xt or potentially Ambit 2S? The price point on the 910xt/Ambit 2S today are hard to ignore, but not sure if it's worth saving the money for the 920xt instead? Hard to justify the expense at $450+ right now, but maybe can save up a bit to make it less painful.

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had my 920 for a little over a week now and LOVE IT. It does everything my 910 does and a little bit better. The wifi and bluetooth have worked flawlessly and I love the notifications from my iPhone.

That said, I wouldn't waste good money upgrading from the 910. My 910 worked great (unlike others), but I waited to buy the 910 after all the bugs were fixed. You have to be a gadget person (which I am) to want all the extra features that won't make much difference when it comes to swimming/biking/running. I do like that I don't need a foot pod for running cadence, but don't really know what to do with all the new running dynamics. The gps seems a little better. Not a big deal to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fantastic watch, can't so enough good things about it after having it now 7 days, i no longer need my: fenix 2, garmin swim, or 310!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I got my new watch (I had to replace mine due to some problems). Now I have another problem - the watch says it's Tue 2 today. Does anybody know how to change the date on 920?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Katia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't have mine with me at moment but its under settings i am pretty sure. I had to change mine as well. It is covered in here pretty sure.http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...xt-depth-review.html

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Katia wrote:
OK, I got my new watch (I had to replace mine due to some problems). Now I have another problem - the watch says it's Tue 2 today. Does anybody know how to change the date on 920?

Get a GPS fix and it should set itself.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [nebeachbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked under the setting and didn't find how to change it. I also didn't find anything in manual. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Katia wrote:
I looked under the setting and didn't find how to change it. I also didn't find anything in manual. :(

Settings - System - Clock - Set time

But a GPS fix should set the time anyway. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest you contact Garmin.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Quote Reply

Prev Next