Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too bad. I was there on Friday and they had them for sale. I wanted to get it but need to wait till can train after tooth extraction. Talking with him learned while the current Jr transmitter will work better to get the newer Jr run one. Gives new data and no longer need the footpod.
I wore my 910xt (which I'll be selling ) and put the 920 to compare. Nice.
Barb
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember you from the pre-order of the 910. Good luck this time around and do report back on how the unit performs. Instant pace, follow courses, and the rest of it. Unfortunately the 910 left a sour taste in my mouth so as much as I want this unit I will be waiting to see how it turns out. Not interested in being the beta tester this time around :)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCDon wrote:
Ironma'am wrote:
I talked to Garmin today, and right now the estimated ship time is the end of the month. That means I can't have it before IM Fl, and since I know I'll be out of commission awhile afterward, it eliminates my need for speed. However, they said that 3 months after it is out, they will start taking trade-ins, so I may do so with my 310 for $100 off the price of the 920.

Hmmmmm Tradeins. I suspect what I'll be doing is holding onto my 310 until I know that my new 920 is working the way I want. Then, it'll serve as a backup for awhile. Then, once I fully trust the 920, I'll either sell the 310 off to someone starting out in Tris or donate it. I know folks who are doing Tris but can barely afford it. Personally, I'm looking at the CAF (Challenged Athlete Foundation).

As others have mentioned this is a great idea. Anyone know how to go about doing this? I'd probably hand my 910xt down to a friend in exchange for his 310 and then donate the 310.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. My 910 has been fine until last week. I am having a problem turning off/on. Perffered this to the V800. Back then we got promises of delivery to. I never really cared about instant pace, useless metric to me. Guess nice to know but I would never change my pace due to what the watch said, accurate or not. I do understand how that is important for those who bought it because they advertised it but did not deliver up to par. All in all, I got three years out of my 910, so happy with it
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 910 goes in and out of phases having trouble turning on/off.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine also, it was vibrating for about 2 minutes when I plugged it into the charger and it shows it minus charging then charging but it does charge all the way up., now the light doesn't stay on all the time even though it's set to, I'll be running and hear a beep and the light turns off. No big deal just little problems I have.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone picked up the 920 in Kona?

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm curious if anyone picked one up in Kona as well.

Anyone there want to pass along a contact to puchase one now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one here on Tuesday at the Garmin set up. Absolutely love the watch and will be racing with it on Saturday. Think they were down to like 2 units left after that. They said they were going quick. 2 were also raffled at the UPR this morning.

Proudly Team BSR
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [GrapeJuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called them, and they told me shipping on 11/20.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [amgray13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amgray13 wrote:
Got one here on Tuesday at the Garmin set up. Absolutely love the watch and will be racing with it on Saturday. Think they were down to like 2 units left after that. They said they were going quick. 2 were also raffled at the UPR this morning.

If you're at Kona, I'm sure you've got a lot more experience then me, but my rule of thumb...no new gear during important races. I hope you've got a back up and best of luck!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Olu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at the Chicago Marathon expo today and was looking forward to seeing a demo 920 at the Garmin booth, and secretly wishing that they were selling a few there. They didn't even have a demo there to show off the watch! Does this seem strange to anybody other than me? I know that it's not a run specific watch but aren't they missing a chance at showing this thing off to half a million potential customers?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Nut wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Dilbert wrote:
I wasn't going to buy one. My 3 year old 910 is just fine... then Thursday it developed condensation inside the display. Great..... There goes another $450+

Contact garmin re: a refurb 910XT unit. Should only cost you ~$100 (maybe ~$150 for a 910, dunno).

Not sure if you can get a 910 for that price. The best I have seen is an ebay seller selling the refub for $239:
http://www.3dealz.com/...d-215-free-shipping/

like the other guy said call Garmin, get it exchanged. Just went through this a week ago. $99 US. $113 Cdn (sent it to RayTech in PQ)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, how did the watch perform?

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, Just got an email saying 11/24 ship date. Uggh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The war he performs great withou a hiccup. During the swim I was able to take a stroke across my body instead of to the side and could actually read out the time because the screen is so clear. Only issue I had was operator error, forgot to hit the lap button coming out of T1 so have about 2 extra minutes on that section, and forgot my HRM at the condo. Seems like they have some pretty solid firmware for an initial release. I will share the connect file later, but will have to be on a computer to do so it seems.

Proudly Team BSR
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [dbikelink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too was at the expo (on Friday) and was keeping an eye out for the. Garmin Booth without actually looking for it. I feel like I walked most of the expo without even seeing the booth!

Glad anyway, because if they had units for sale I would have been tempted, but have a preorder from REI (dividend dollars and extra REI cash card right now)

Hopefully it won't be too long. Now to list my 910 for sale since CHI is done :)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [nord0296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin was not at the expo proper, I think due to Timex being a competitive sponsor of Ironman. They were down Ali'i about a quarter mile set up near ceramic speed at a makeshift bike shop.

Proudly Team BSR
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [dbikelink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There were 500,000 people in the Chicago Marathon? Damn, i thought NY was big with 45,000. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
920xt data from Kona. Don't be too critical of the effort, had some really bad cramps develop and build throughout the run.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/610553385

Proudly Team BSR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
amgray13 wrote:
920xt data from Kona. Don't be too critical of the effort, had some really bad cramps develop and build throughout the run.

10:02 on what some veterans have said was the worst winds they'd ever seen. Well done.

Question: Did you have GLONASS enabled?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Olu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. 6min faster than last year. Was really hoping to be sub 10, but still very happy with the day.

As to the watch, I did not have GLONASS enabled (want to experiment with it a bit about side of competition). Also, I was use smart recording, not 1 second.

Proudly Team BSR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
amgray13 wrote:

Great race! Impressive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
amgray13 wrote:

How do you get all your activities under one activity? I have a 910 and when I do Multisport it breaks it into different segments.
Last edited by: loutriguy: Oct 14, 14 18:15
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loutriguy wrote:
amgray13 wrote:

How do you get all your activities under one activity? I have a 910 and when I do Multisport it breaks it into different segments.

This actually is a new feature of garmin connect. New multisport activities should show up as one activity according to DCRainmaker.
Quote Reply

Prev Next