Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Keystone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im not a huge fan of either color scheme but the red matches my bike better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the red/ white is not bad, but the thing I didn't like is the contrast between white of the watch, black around the screen then white background. I'm sure you can change that background color to black, but when I saw it in person it made my eyes go crazy with all the contrasts.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [millarg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats. Which discount code did you use?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Y-Tri wrote:
MTRIB wrote:
this store in Miami, FL (http://footworksmiami.com/) had at least 20 units w/ HR black and blue.
just bought mine

It will be interesting to see if their batch included any of the recalled serial numbers.

Update: just received my 920xt from Footworks Miami. It is not included the range of serial #'s that were part of the notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [danen1973] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
danen1973 wrote:
Congrats. Which discount code did you use?

I used "Deal10", re: colours - not a fan of either option, but dislike the red/white less (and like others have said - it matchs my bike :o)
This choice is probably a mistake, I never wear a watch, but plan on using this one daily for a couple of months to check out the "health" features - white will probably be grubby with full time wear! Sold my 910xt to buy this, it looked brand new as I only wore training - which probably means I should have trained more!

Glen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. "Deal10" didn't work for me. I got a message "
  • The coupon code you have entered has expired.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The black and blue is very fine looking actually, and the red and white is sharp too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just Google it!

thankyouvets is what I used yesterday for 10% off.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [The1Jacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. That worked and I placed an order for a red/white. Should have it tomorrow. Thank you.
The1Jacker wrote:
Just Google it!

thankyouvets is what I used yesterday for 10% off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No prob, glad it worked out!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine arrived today! I was one of the few that purchased one on Road Runner Sports while they had it up for the day. About to go put it to use, but I have to say it looks a lot better in person and I love the it's light weight and lower profile than the 910.

Off for a ride. See ya!

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Last edited by: tridiego: Nov 21, 14 11:41
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [CharlesYTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CharlesYTri wrote:
I ordered on Garmin's site on 10/2 and just got off the phone with Garmin...they said mid December. I cancelled, and will put an order in Amazon...and will save a few $ on shipping. Might even get it earlier.

Aggravating that they would not satisfy their own backlog before shipping to other retailers.

I just purchased a 920xt at this marathon expo in Tulsa. I have an existing order with Garmin. We're you able to cancel fairly easy, or do I need to plan on being on they phone for a while?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canceling was not hard, getting to the right people took a transfer, as the web sales doesn't have a posted number I cod find
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [The1Jacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine yesterday from http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com yesterday. "thankyouvets" worked for 10% off. Ordered it the day before and paid for Saturday delivery. They only had Red/White and stock. I love the color and like it much better than my 910XT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do any of you use speed and cadence sensors with your Garmin 920xt (or 910 and even other Garmin devices). If using the speed sensor does the speed/distance calculation come from the satellites or from the sensors on the bike? Or, is it a combination of both?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danen1973 wrote:
Do any of you use speed and cadence sensors with your Garmin 920xt (or 910 and even other Garmin devices). If using the speed sensor does the speed/distance calculation come from the satellites or from the sensors on the bike? Or, is it a combination of both?

The speed/distance is from the GPS if you want it from the sensor just turn off the GPS. The cadence will come from the sensor.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a post on the garmin forums with pictures about a way to switch the band's inside out which changes the color accent.
I wanted blue on black so was pleased to see this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danen1973 wrote:

In the 910xt and Edge devices, the speed sensor is used for the instant speed (which responds much faster then GPS) and will take over if you lose GPS signal. Otherwise GPS is used for average speed and distance. Cadence will come from the sensor unless you have a power-meter which supersedes the cadence sensor.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got mine this past friday, now I just need to get rid of my fenix 2.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Olu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Olu wrote:
danen1973 wrote:

In the 910xt and Edge devices, the speed sensor is used for the instant speed (which responds much faster then GPS) and will take over if you lose GPS signal. Otherwise GPS is used for average speed and distance. Cadence will come from the sensor unless you have a power-meter which supersedes the cadence sensor.

Thank you for the info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danen1973 wrote:

Well I take back what I wrote as I guess I didn't understand the equipment I was using. I just did a test where I hooked up to a trainer and connected to the GPS and then spun the wheels. It appears that the distance, speed, average speed were all coming from the speed and cadence sensor since I was not actually moving. You should make sure you set your wheel size instead of using Auto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keystone wrote:
danen1973 wrote:

Well I take back what I wrote as I guess I didn't understand the equipment I was using. I just did a test where I hooked up to a trainer and connected to the GPS and then spun the wheels. It appears that the distance, speed, average speed were all coming from the speed and cadence sensor since I was not actually moving. You should make sure you set your wheel size instead of using Auto.
as i understand it, most (all?) garmin devices use speed sensor data in preference to gps if both are available
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [tamoneya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 920xt arrived a week ago from Clever Training. After a couple of training runs around the 'hood I tried it out this past Saturday at the JFK 50 miler in western Maryland. I am impressed.

The live-tracking feature was a big hit among my family and running buds to see how I was doing. It worked very well all day (9:49:56 finish, thank you) and at the end both my Garmin and my iPhone in my belt had more than 50% charge remaining after starting the day topped-up. I got all the same features I am used to having used the 910xt for the past three years, and the slimmer, lighter design is a plus. Heart rate tracked consistently all day long as well, which is another issue I have had with prior Garmins.

Only downside: had me about a half-mile long, (50.92 instead of 50.4 course length) but I think that still within the expected margin of error for a GPS tracking watch. It's just hard to get that 'wtf?' expression off your face when you want to be finished but it's another half mile to go!

Very happy with my purchase so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danen1973 wrote:
I got mine yesterday from http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com yesterday. "thankyouvets" worked for 10% off. Ordered it the day before and paid for Saturday delivery. They only had Red/White and stock. I love the color and like it much better than my 910XT.

Bought two Polar HR monitors from that website over a few years and their customer service was awful... a component in the package did not arrive and they argued with me for weeks before finally agreeing to supply the missing component to the bundle... I will never again do business with them.

I should have known better than to patronize them again b/c although I thought that shipping me a watch that contained a dead battery was an isolated incident, apparently that company has very low standards.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
0.5 is pretty good for a race that long. It's almost impossible to follow perfect tangents. Curious if that performance keeps up when you run your day-to-day routes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next