Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZackCapets wrote:
I have tried just about every troubleshooting step there is. Both devices off and on. Un pair and re-pair. Toggle auto-upload on device. Toggle auto-upload on phone. Uninstall and reinstall app. The device firmware should be up-to-date, but the WiFi upload failure was making me think that either something was messed up in the device firmware, or Garmin connect wasn't working.

It used to work for me, and then it quit working. It's possible it's something I did, but given Garmin's track record I'm inclined to blame their device issues on them.

Could be a bum device, but I'd head over to the Garmin Forums, there are several posts with wifi solutions that worked for some.

https://forums.garmin.com/...t&highlight=wifi

https://forums.garmin.com/...T&highlight=wifi

Bluetooth has been stable with most iOS devices, a little less so with Android. In the interim you can hook it up to your PC and the files will be uploaded through GE to GC and then to Strava (so your KOM's are safe)

While you're hooked up, back up the entire GARMIN drive so if you have to do a full restore, you have all your settings saved.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was having this issue and solved it by simply resetting my modem. Worth a shot!

http://www.tri-ingtokeepwarm.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [akbreezo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm..worth a try but I've had the same issue with 2 WiFi routers...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Olu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mine has been very solid; i had a couple of issues with WiFi at the beginning but after a reset I was all set.

really digging this watch.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if you can update the firmware through bluetooth / wifi or does it have to be through garmin express/USB
Last edited by: eazyc10: Feb 13, 15 7:17
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [eazyc10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Almost positive it has to go through Express. Same for the Connect IQ apps. Wish they would make it work over bt. I didn't want to install Express.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eazyc10 wrote:
Does anyone know if you can update the firmware through bluetooth / wifi or does it have to be through garmin express/USB

It is supposed to be updatable through bluetooth or wifi... but every time I have attempted to update mine it insists on being plugged into the computer - which for me is a pain in the ass as my cradle is plugged into a hard to reach outlet behind my nightstand. I kinda would prefer to never have to plug the thing into a computer for any reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eazyc10 wrote:

Updates are through WiFi or USB (not bluetooth). From the nightmare stories happening with the 2.7 update, I would choose the USB option and back up your device before you do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine seemed to update via wifi. It told me it was ready, and I checked that the version was out there.

That being said, I then also put it on the charger connected and sent it via connect, so who knows.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone having problems with Swim workouts syncing to Strava? On my first swim I was still figuring out how to use the watch and messed up a few times. Messed up once on the second swim. Today I hit the intervals and drills buttons perfectly and logged my 2300yd swim exactly as it happened. However, when it auto uploads to Strava it's off by 25 yards, while my watch says 2300. Anybody have this problem?

Also...how accurate is everyone finding the watch while on the treadmill? My mileage ends up being more than the treadmill says and therefore my pace faster. I like the numbers the watch gives me more than the treadmill haha, just not sure if it's accurate.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the 920xt once swimming and noted Strava showed some differences from what I actually swam, even though the Garmin Connect load was correct.

Similarly Strava seems to show "pace" for a 920xt swim including any rest at the wall, while a "Garmin Swim" watch does not include rest intervals.

I think it's ultimately some small differences in how the 920xt writes it's FIT file (compared to the Swim, or perhaps other devices)... I reported it to Strava but they didn't indicate if it is something they would get to.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same thing happens to me without fail. The total distance is cut short by 25 yards. Yet when you look at the intervals, they all add up to the proper distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats happening with the 2.7 update. Noticed mine updated automatically. With the 910 I did not have to.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Whats happening with the 2.7 update. Noticed mine updated automatically. With the 910 I did not have to.

Lots of people reporting bricked devices and other anomalies.

https://forums.garmin.com/...e-2-70-your-feelings

My update went without a hitch though.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [BionicMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BionicMan wrote:
Almost positive it has to go through Express. Same for the Connect IQ apps. Wish they would make it work over bt. I didn't want to install Express.

Connect IQ apps will work over BT using Garmin Connect Mobile latest version - at least on iPhone anyway. And of course you'll need at least 2.64b or 2.70 on your device too.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Feb 13, 15 19:08
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 920 stopped connecting to ant+ devices. I had previously paired both my stages PMs with it. But it suddenly stopped finding them.

I spoke with garmin and we tried a few things. Nothing worked. Then we updated to 2.7 and deleted the PMs and tried to add them back again. Couldn't find stages or a Powertap I tried.

Garmin is sending me a new one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if mine does that or not. I know when I'm in the water, it will lose track pretty easily (especially doing drills/etc), guess it can't detect approximate stroke rate or something really technical.

It's more annoying than anything. It's my first tri watch so I don't know what else to compare it to. Others have said it does better in OWS versus the pool, will have to take their word for it until I can hop in the lake.

For other stuff (biking/running), it seems to do just fine. I'm sure this has all been mentioned, but I'm not about to read 940 other posts.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [B3CK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry if this has been asked, is there a way to change the device settings on Garmin Connect or Garmin Express instead of doing it on the device. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great. I was at 2.5 so I wasn't aware. At 2.70 now and see the option for IQ in the app.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Max Daddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had that with my first two 920 units: they worked for some time, then lost HR and my Quarq.

Garmin has sent me a third unit and called two days ago to follow up. They explained that it was a hardware problem that affected some of the early units. So, if your unit is from an early batch, that's consistent with the software update not fixing things…

http://powerful-problem-solving.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Rsmall1223] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rsmall1223 wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been asked, is there a way to change the device settings on Garmin Connect or Garmin Express instead of doing it on the device. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.

Not device settings. Can only be done on the device. HR and power settings can be done on Garmin Connect. I think someone was writing something that you could write the setting too and send them to the device

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:
How has the GPS accuracy and precision been?

Very accurate
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Taiwan version and as of the moment no firmware updates nor compatible with the connect iq. Garmin express at first prompted me of the new software but after syncing the updates just went away. Contacted the China support and found my answer BUT no issues with the unit and has been very spot on. I sure wish this edition is not this slow to react to the updates.

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [dennism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have pictures of the 920xt with the neon green/blue band mounted? Haven't been able to find that anywhere. Would like to see how it looks before I buy the replacement band. Thanks :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Arnaud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arnaud wrote:
I had that with my first two 920 units: they worked for some time, then lost HR and my Quarq.

Garmin has sent me a third unit and called two days ago to follow up. They explained that it was a hardware problem that affected some of the early units. So, if your unit is from an early batch, that's consistent with the software update not fixing things…

Happened to me too. The unit they replaced it with is rock solid now
Quote Reply

Prev Next