Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Katia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Katia wrote:
My predicted times. There is no way I can ran 3:11 marathon!

By the way, I run some intervals today WU, 5X600 m, CD. Now my VO2max is 54 and my predicted marathon time is 3:03. I am fast! My marathon PR is 3:28....
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My preorder (Blue+HRM) from gpscity.ca has just changed to "PICKING", should hopefully ship today. I preordered Oct 22.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Katia wrote:
Katia wrote:
My predicted times. There is no way I can ran 3:11 marathon!

By the way, I run some intervals today WU, 5X600 m, CD. Now my VO2max is 54 and my predicted marathon time is 3:03. I am fast! My marathon PR is 3:28....

Based on your 5k time if you did some hard training you could run 3:11
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [jmwhelan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i preordered from them on Oct. 2nd! my status is 'backorder'...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [acrx349] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you order the Blue+HRM? Cause I think that is the only style they got in today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmwhelan wrote:
Did you order the Blue+HRM? Cause I think that is the only style they got in today.

Mine was blue with HRM.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nah..ordered the red/white... they can't give me an answer... so i'll continue to wait...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't understand Garmin's logic in shipping to their distributors first and then to their customers later.

I ordered October 1st (first day you could preorder) directly from Garmin and my status is still stating "in progress".

This just pisses me off...... along with their POS Garmin Express upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I am not too happy with them either. Their "customer service" is horrible.

However, I would rather get a non defective watch that I am not going to have to send back and have to deal with their customer service department again. I had issues with the 910XT when it first came out having to send a defective one back to get a new one. Pain in the butt.

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered from them as well very early on and just got an email telling me it shipped this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ironmanjp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's good to know Garmin is finally shipping to their direct buy customers! I haven't gotten an email yet but at least I know its coming soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered on Garmin's site on 10/2 and just got off the phone with Garmin...they said mid December. I cancelled, and will put an order in Amazon...and will save a few $ on shipping. Might even get it earlier.

Aggravating that they would not satisfy their own backlog before shipping to other retailers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Katia wrote:
Got this email today

Dear Garmin Customer:
It has recently come to our attention that the Forerunner 920XT you purchased may be subject to reduced water resistance or battery performance issues. These concerns were discovered in early models of the Forerunner 920XT. Since that time, we have revised the design and have rectified these potential issues.
These issues affect Forerunner 920XT watches within the serial number ranges listed below:
Part Number Serial Number Range
010-01174-00 41E000001 – 41E001161
010-01174-20 41E000001 – 41E001161
010-01174-01 41F000001 – 41F000654
010-01174-21 41F000001 – 41F000654
010-01174-10 41G000001 – 41G003915
010-01174-30 41G000001 – 41G003915
010-01174-11 41H000001 – 41H002311
010-01174-31 41H000001 – 41H002311
The part number of your device is located on the bottom of the Forerunner 920XT box. The serial number is on the label located on the back of the device.
We are proactively contacting you because our records indicate that your particular device may be impacted. Because Garmin stands behind its products and wants to provide its customers with the best possible experience, we are offering you a new replacement 920XT at no cost. To take advantage of this offer, please send an email to XXXXXXXX@garmin.com and provide the following information:

Customer name
Shipping address
Primary phone number
Forerunner 920XT serial number
Customer email address

Garmin will then contact you with a return merchandise authorization (RMA) to exchange your device. (Note: This does not impact accessories bundled with the Forerunner 920XT watch.)
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and thank you for being a Garmin customer.
I purchased my 920 through a dealer located on the Garmin website. I have registered my watch serial number. My watch falls within this range. I wonder when I will get this email.

Edit. Apparently about 2 seconds after I write this post :)
Last edited by: sharkbait_au: Nov 19, 14 15:22
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharkbait_au wrote:
Katia wrote:
Got this email today

Dear Garmin Customer:
It has recently come to our attention that the Forerunner 920XT you purchased may be subject to reduced water resistance or battery performance issues. These concerns were discovered in early models of the Forerunner 920XT. Since that time, we have revised the design and have rectified these potential issues.
These issues affect Forerunner 920XT watches within the serial number ranges listed below:
Part Number Serial Number Range
010-01174-00 41E000001 – 41E001161
010-01174-20 41E000001 – 41E001161
010-01174-01 41F000001 – 41F000654
010-01174-21 41F000001 – 41F000654
010-01174-10 41G000001 – 41G003915
010-01174-30 41G000001 – 41G003915
010-01174-11 41H000001 – 41H002311
010-01174-31 41H000001 – 41H002311
The part number of your device is located on the bottom of the Forerunner 920XT box. The serial number is on the label located on the back of the device.
We are proactively contacting you because our records indicate that your particular device may be impacted. Because Garmin stands behind its products and wants to provide its customers with the best possible experience, we are offering you a new replacement 920XT at no cost. To take advantage of this offer, please send an email to XXXXXXXX@garmin.com and provide the following information:

Customer name
Shipping address
Primary phone number
Forerunner 920XT serial number
Customer email address

Garmin will then contact you with a return merchandise authorization (RMA) to exchange your device. (Note: This does not impact accessories bundled with the Forerunner 920XT watch.)
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and thank you for being a Garmin customer.
I purchased my 920 through a dealer located on the Garmin website. I have registered my watch serial number. My watch falls within this range. I wonder when I will get this email.

This is so ironic. I mentioned to my husband (who is a runner and has gone through several Garmin models) that the 920 was finally coming out. He said I should log onto the Garmin forums now (before they were even shipping) and start complaining about problems. Looks like Garmin beat me to the punch! Well played Garmin!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the red with HRM will ship on the 24th.

http://www.gpscity.ca/garmin-forerunner-920xt-white-and-red-with-heart-rate-monitor.html

Mine should arrive today or tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fingers crossed! I see the dates have been changing almost weekly on the site... apparently i'm #2 in their cue...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com has the red/white version in stock. Quick Google search will yield a valid 10% off coupon code. Free shipping. $17 overnight shipping if you're in a rush.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [The1Jacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just checked... international shipping is $107! thanks for the tip, but thats too much for shipping for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugggghhhh!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gpscity.com has the red+hrm in stock with free priority shipping to the US.

http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-forerunner-920xt-white-and-red-with-heart-rate-monitor.html
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [CharlesYTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I am debating cancelling with Garmin myself seeing all of these updates from STers with in stock options.

On second thought let's not go to Garmin. It is a silly place. (Monty Python anybody) :)

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [CharlesYTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CharlesYTri wrote:
I ordered on Garmin's site on 10/2 and just got off the phone with Garmin...they said mid December. I cancelled, and will put an order in Amazon...and will save a few $ on shipping. Might even get it earlier.

Aggravating that they would not satisfy their own backlog before shipping to other retailers.

I too ordered mine from Garmin directly and am sad that we seem to be some of the last getting our units from the initial preorder but at the same time we have to understand that shops have probably had their orders placed months before retail customers could and shops are where Garmin makes most of their sales. It makes sense that they are keeping them happy even if they aren't making as much per unit as a retail sale on their website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The1Jacker wrote:
HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com has the red/white version in stock. Quick Google search will yield a valid 10% off coupon code. Free shipping. $17 overnight shipping if you're in a rush.

Many thanks, Red/White HR bundle in stock and ordered with 10% off, hopefully it will ship today

Glen
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Olu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a tracking number from Clever Training. I suspect this is part of their second wave. As a point of reference, I ordered the red/white w/hrm on 10/2. Should be here for a weekend of training.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [tamoneya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tamoneya wrote:
I just got a tracking number from Clever Training. I suspect this is part of their second wave. As a point of reference, I ordered the red/white w/hrm on 10/2. Should be here for a weekend of training.

Same here but I ordered mine on 10/11. Text update said shipping from Florida and should be here Saturday. Red with HRM. I am hoping the red looks a lot better in person than in the pictures. The two color choice are pretty horrible. You would have thought Garmin could pick better color schemes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next