Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surprised how big the Peloton still is.

Tejay... just can’t keep it together. At least they have GvA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“Tejay crashed. Hit it G.”

Bout time the classics beasts come out to play.

Team Sky might well run out of HP when it really counts. Been doing a lot of time on front.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sky has a has a bit of a problem staying on their bikes, but it hasn't burned them yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...and Landa down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Sep says he’s committed to helping Uran so maybe it’s a matter of how stage unfolds.

Living to his word. If he bridges Uran, he's my hero.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
uh, no, I hadn't seen that. HS!!!, that's funny. The guy has the best smirk ever. I wish I was cool enough to smirk like that.

I was talking about this one:

yeah. finally a world class commercial emanating from the cycling world. very clever. sagan's star just got yet brighter.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They don't seem to be far behind and Sep knows what he's doing. The biggest problem is the guys going for the stage win keeping the pace up - Sagan totally looking like he's about to blow this apart.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suprisingly Quintana has consistently had the best positioining of any GC guy, except maybe Geraint.

Fantastic teamwork by EF. All in for the TTT chase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Replay of 2015 Roubaix here: Lampaert got away with GvA late, with Degenkolb bridging up. That trio didn't stay away though, b/c Degenkolb would win the sprint, but GvA has a reason to ride here

also, if Degenkolb has to drive this thing with 15 km left, he also exerts more energy, which would sap his sprint
Last edited by: echappist: Jul 15, 18 6:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lead 3 getting quite the moto pace through that section. Despicable. At least they were getting blasted with dust I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sagan might have missed the boat. Fatigue showing?
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those guys are off to the races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Suprisingly Quintana has consistently had the best positioining of any GC guy, except maybe Geraint.

EF too far behind - all about limiting time losses now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking promising for Degenkolb.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:

EF too far behind - all about limiting time losses now.[/quote]
Yeah. I think they can declare victory if they can get to the Landa group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"tiny little Spanish climbers"

thanks Jens, LMAO
quite Hans und Franz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Looking promising for Degenkolb.

good call

Degenkolb's sprint way too strong. GvA never managed to get out of Degenkolb's slipstream
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was not going to be denied. Trek having a solid TdF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good on Trek and Degenkolb. As much as I don't like Trek (don't think I could ever overlook what they did during the whole LA thing), they did Degenkolb a solid. They trusted to have him on the roster despite 2 years in the wilderness, and now Trek has a marquee opportunity for advertising.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you see that monkey go flying off Degenkolb’s back?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Good on Trek and Degenkolb. As much as I don't like Trek (don't think I could ever overlook what they did during the whole LA thing), they did Degenkolb a solid. They trusted to have him on the roster despite 2 years in the wilderness, and now Trek has a marquee opportunity for advertising.

Yeah, not a Trek or DG fan, but watching him in tears in the interview it's pretty hard not to be a fan for a few minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m glad for him and Trek got the win. The past is whatever, sport can’t afford to lose another major sponsor.

GT looks set to take jersey off GvA Tuesday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great stage overall, very entertaining, somewaht surprised GVA did not try and early attack. Degenkolb found the one and only sprint he can win, honestly i think he is more of a classics rider than people give him credit for. Degenkolb needed this win. Sagan did too much and was boxed in when the move went, nothing he could really do. He was shutting down a lot of attacks the last 50k clearly helping Majka as the rest of Bora was absent in the end. I know Majka typically fails in the mountains but he has done well so far, no big issues, potential podium this year? When Gilbert attacked then flatted i think that was the move Sagan wanted to go with. Good late maove by Sagan to distance Gaviria, that was a huge effort to split the field. Kudos to Gilbert to understand the importance of trying to take points away from Sagan.

QS has to be the biggest looser of the day, they are built for this and could not come away with a win or shuttle Gaviria into position for the sprint.

Word on the street is Porte has no broken bones or significant medical issues, needs to observe rule #5 in my opinion, that is why Froome has 6 grand tour wins and he has zero. Heck, Dan Martin made the front group today!!
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
Good to see Degenkolb in the top 10, that makes him my favorite for Stage 9.

I rule.

I managed to avoid all spoilers, and just watched. What a stage, so much drama. Not for me, though, since I obviously knew who was going to win a week ago.

Love seeing the GC guys racing their bikes on the cobbles.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:

Word on the street is Porte has no broken bones or significant medical issues, needs to observe rule #5 in my opinion, that is why Froome has 6 grand tour wins and he has zero. Heck, Dan Martin made the front group today!!

Non-displaced right clavicle fracture...

Kudos to Craddock for surviving the bumps with his injuries.
Quote Reply

Prev Next