Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
Thank you! Considering last years race was decided by 54 seconds I’m pretty sure losing 50 seconds on a flat day is a pretty huge deal. Again not like it’s over. But that’s a bad start on a year he’s tried for he already difficult double.

I think one of the main reasons the margin was so tight last year was that Froome was trying to win while expending as little effort as possible, as he was saving himself for the Vuelta. He looked to have a fair bit in reserve. Obviously this year he has the opposite problem of having the Giro in his legs already, but at least he can burn all his matches this year and not worry about any more racing. Unless of course Sky are planning on winning all 3 GTs in a single calendar year...

Agree 50 seconds is far from ideal, especially with Bernal also having gone down so that's 2 Sky riders who have crashed, and the soreness normally comes up 2 days later, just in time for the TTT tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Today looked like a brutal finish, Sagan once again positioned perfectly. This first week has already been really interesting and the following stages will continue to get better !!

You're not kidding. I'm amazed how Sagan can always find his way up to the front. It's almost like once you knew he avoided the crash you knew he would somehow find a way to win.

Not only that but he always avoids the crashes. Demaire is not at the same form he was last year but I was surprised to see him at the end after flatting.
Interestingly Greipel was there at the end and didn’t sprint. Is he over the hill?
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Griepel had a flat with about 4 miles to go.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:

I thought it was Demare with the flat. Greipel flatted too? At any rate, he was there at the front and had nothing left to give.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

I thought it was Demare with the flat. Greipel flatted too? At any rate, he was there at the front and had nothing left to give.

You may be right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

Nope definitely a weak sprint from Greipel. He has accomplished a lot in his career but is getting to old.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

Nope definitely a weak sprint from Greipel. He has accomplished a lot in his career but is getting to old.

Kittel with the flat? Also, what was the deal with Degenkolb? He waved his hands during the sprint as he was overtaken by Sagan and then also pointed at him as he won. Unhappy about something or cheering him on (which would be odd)?
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
Benv wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

Kittel with the flat? Also, what was the deal with Degenkolb? He waved his hands during the sprint as he was overtaken by Sagan and then also pointed at him as he won. Unhappy about something or cheering him on (which would be odd)?
Something about dangerous behavior by Sagan, not sure exactly what happened though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clearly a much faster stage today - much higher normalized power / TSS numbers than yesterday...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kristoff didn’t either. Looks like they started too far back and didn’t jump quick enough.

As if he everyday jersey isn’t good enough before he switches to green he also gets yellow for a day.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jul 8, 18 18:58
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In post race interview he didn’t seem excited about have the yellow for 1 day. Lol
He looked gased. I think Bora will be taking it easy in the TTT tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
Benv wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

He was whining about Sagan in his line.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With reason - he almost hit the deck after Sagan swerved all the way from the center to the right, thereby pushing Degenkolb into the barriers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dege couldnt hold Demare's wheel, Sagz could close it and shut the door on Dege, it was even reviewed and no fault found.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [ollie3856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ollie3856 wrote:
Dege couldnt hold Demare's wheel, Sagz could close it and shut the door on Dege, it was even reviewed and no fault found.

Agreed, you have to assert yourself to win sprints. That is why Sagan has over 100 wins and degenkolb is a sprint pack fodder. Degenkolb had no chance anyways and the gap opened and Sagan grabbed it. Degenkolg could have fought for position but instead gave way and complained.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. He didn’t have the snap or positioning to follow Demare’s wheel, and Sagan had both. So did Colbrelli—he’s going to nab some big wins at some point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TTT predictions: BMC, Sky, Sunweb, all within 15 seconds.
*edit: and Gaviria takes back yellow.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jul 9, 18 6:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang, 34.1 mph (54.8 kph) for Sky team. Mechelton Scott only 5 seconds slower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing to do with the race result, but I got a chuckle out of seeing the driver of the Steve Porino motorcycle (NBC Sports). Old guy with a handlebar mustache and orange framed sunglasses like my daughter wore when she was five years old.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
TTT predictions: BMC, Sky, Sunweb, all within 15 seconds.
*edit: and Gaviria takes back yellow.

I think GVA gests yellow, we will see how EQS goes. Does Bora have any chance at all? Lots of TT chops in the team if they wanted to be serious, but are they going to conserve for the rest of the week?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bora has big engines, not impossible. GvA is a good call too. And if any team could benefit from the yellow jersey it's BMC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a question.
If youre a rider and get dropped by your team and worried about missing cutoff, can you recover for a couple minutes and jump on the wheel of the next team that passes you for a few min, recover, and repeat with the next team that passes? Is that against the rules? Is it a faux pas?

Having said that, I think the cutoff is generous enough for these guys for that not to happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
I have a question.
If youre a rider and get dropped by your team and worried about missing cutoff, can you recover for a couple minutes and jump on the wheel of the next team that passes you for a few min, recover, and repeat with the next team that passes? Is that against the rules? Is it a faux pas?

Having said that, I think the cutoff is generous enough for these guys for that not to happen.

You cannot draft in any way with another team during the TTT or ITT. That being said you occasionally see this occur but often a penalty will follow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QS just keeps on winning. That Gaviria guy might turn into a decent bike rider...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
QS just keeps on winning. That Gaviria guy might turn into a decent bike rider...

I remember watching Gaviria on the track simply ride off the front in sprints like it was nothing. He has transitioned extremely well to the road. Sagan had a rough day yesterday but clearly felt fine today. Dumb crash but EFD did a good job helping Uran. I did enjoy QS complain about the lack of cooperation in the chase.
Quote Reply

Prev Next