Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today reinforced my thinking that first 1/3 of race will suit GC guys with classics chops like Nibali, GT, TD, Valverde, Martin and Bardet. Crashes are partially bad luck but Porte was way back when he got held up, and Froome also looked out of position. Quintana’s flat was purely bad luck at worst possible moment; even had his team dropped back they couldn’t have helped that much when it was full gas to finish.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m with you..I watch cycling on http://tiz-cycling.live ....just becareful with the few popups
Last edited by: mike s: Jul 7, 18 7:36
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan in 2nd - who would have guessed?
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eganski lives on ST! I knew *another TdF* thread would be worth it. My work is done here.

Stage 9 is going to be outstanding. Hopefully it will rain and be especially shitty. Also hoping Degenkolb’s compadre Tom Skujins has a good race.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While fight for yellow might last almost until Paris, the fight for green might be over by stage 10.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
While fight for yellow might last almost until Paris, the fight for green might be over by stage 10.

As long as ASO doesn’t kick him out before that for throwing a phantom elbow
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While certainly after stage 1 I would never count anyone out. But to lose a good 50 seconds to a handful of GC guys I’m going to say what I’ve been saying. The double is impossible. Sure 50 seconds can be made up but to lose them on a flat stage... who knows there might be a surprise and TJ finally lives up to his potential. I see it essentially as fumbling the opening kickoff in the Super Bowl. Yeah sooo much time forget it and move on. But down already...

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Last edited by: Jloewe: Jul 7, 18 9:41
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50 seconds is nothing, especially early in the race. In the mountains, Froome will dust off those riders like old cobwebs.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He better take something or that dust might get in his chest...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
While certainly after stage 1 I would never count anyone out. But to lose a good 50 seconds to a handful of GC guys I’m going to say what I’ve been saying. The double is impossible. Sure 50 seconds can be made up but to lose them on a flat stage... who knows there might be a surprise and TJ finally lives up to his potential. I see it essentially as fumbling the opening kickoff in the Super Bowl. Yeah sooo much time forget it and move on. But down already...

Lol. TJ will drop out on stage 17 from “illness”
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is TD racing the tour? I didn’t see him mentioned at all. I thought he was.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very well played... chappeau

dah5609 wrote:
He better take something or that dust might get in his chest...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:
50 seconds is nothing, especially early in the race. In the mountains, Froome will dust off those riders like old cobwebs.

Yeah, Froome doesn't give a shit about 50 seconds, especially when he still put time into Quintana. Some guys are acting like Froome has never crashed on the first day of a grand tour and still ended up winning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
While certainly after stage 1 I would never count anyone out. But to lose a good 50 seconds to a handful of GC guys I’m going to say what I’ve been saying. The double is impossible. Sure 50 seconds can be made up but to lose them on a flat stage... who knows there might be a surprise and TJ finally lives up to his potential...

That needs some pink font.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone who doesnt think loosing time is a concern, is drunk. Certainly doesn’t end Froome’s race or anything dramatic but nobody wants to give up an inch in a GT. Especially when there’s more of this ahead, not to mention stage 9, plus unknown of double. Bernal also wasted a lot of energy chasing unnecessary instead of riding it in and saving to fight another day; not exactly an ideal start for Sky.

Saw that Quintana hit a curb and broke both wheels so it wasn’t all luck.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
McNulty wrote:
French in yellow. Calmejean in an upset.

And I was thinking that Roglic was a ballsy pick! This is waaaay out there

I meant Laporte for today. Got my Frenchmen mixed up. Still like Roglic for a stage. Laporte beat out the nut job Bouhanni for a spot.

There looks to be room for rolleurs and breaks to stay away this year. The cobbles are going to bust things up too. Froomie hit the deck already? Going to plan. I made the mistake of following Carlton Kirby on twitter. I like him as a commentator but damn, another Froomie apologist. The Brits are quite....loyal. Go team.

Phil Gil and Terpstra got Bora on the back foot today. Looked to really spring Gaviria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Anyone who doesnt think loosing time is a concern, is drunk. Certainly doesn’t end Froome’s race or anything dramatic but nobody wants to give up an inch in a GT. Especially when there’s more of this ahead, not to mention stage 9, plus unknown of double. Bernal also wasted a lot of energy chasing unnecessary instead of riding it in and saving to fight another day; not exactly an ideal start for Sky.

Saw that Quintana hit a curb and broke both wheels so it wasn’t all luck.

Thank you! Considering last years race was decided by 54 seconds I’m pretty sure losing 50 seconds on a flat day is a pretty huge deal. Again not like it’s over. But that’s a bad start on a year he’s tried for he already difficult double.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Today reinforced my thinking that first 1/3 of race will suit GC guys with classics chops like Nibali, GT, TD, Valverde, Martin and Bardet. Crashes are partially bad luck but Porte was way back when he got held up, and Froome also looked out of position. Quintana’s flat was purely bad luck at worst possible moment; even had his team dropped back they couldn’t have helped that much when it was full gas to finish.
It was reported that he ran into a traffic island and broke both wheels, so perhaps partly his fault. I'd say it was good luck he stayed upright. I wonder if the strategy shifts to Landa, but it's probably too early.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm watching on Dutch TV and saw an interview with Dumoulin. He was spinning his cooldown while being interviewed and almost fell off his bike laughing when asked about competitors falling and flatting. He knows it matters much. The time, the physical effort, and the mental damage all count.
There's 3 more weeks but the race may have been decided today. It has definitely changed the strategies for the TTT and probably the cobbles.

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was I hallucinating? I could swear those were podium girls I saw at the award presentations, the ones that I was led to believe had been banned from le Tour. Are they calling them something new now? Or was it a package deal, reinstating them with Froome?
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
Just flipped the TV on and looks like they've had a nasty crash already. Didn't hear who the rider was but someone riding back to the peleton with the aid of a teammate while bleeding from up around the cheekbone and his kit all torn.

yeh lawson craddock from ef drapac. Riding, favouring his left shoulder, looks like a collarbone or scapula fracture. Still sitting in at the moment, not sure if he turns up tomorrow.

Gaveria looks strong if he gets a run to the line

What do win? I want podium girl kisses
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
I'm watching on Dutch TV and saw an interview with Dumoulin. He was spinning his cooldown while being interviewed and almost fell off his bike laughing when asked about competitors falling and flatting. He knows it matters much. The time, the physical effort, and the mental damage all count.
There's 3 more weeks but the race may have been decided today. It has definitely changed the strategies for the TTT and probably the cobbles.

If a long race could be decided that early then Andy Potts would be a 10+ time Kona champion. Hang tight, there's still a lot more racing to go!
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chavenel is rolling disc brakes. Peloton better be careful at the catch. I’ll cut you, man. (In French.)
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today looked like a brutal finish, Sagan once again positioned perfectly. This first week has already been really interesting and the following stages will continue to get better !!
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Today looked like a brutal finish, Sagan once again positioned perfectly. This first week has already been really interesting and the following stages will continue to get better !!

You're not kidding. I'm amazed how Sagan can always find his way up to the front. It's almost like once you knew he avoided the crash you knew he would somehow find a way to win.
Quote Reply

Prev Next