Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:

Froome is putting time into Roglic.....not a shocker.

No. But as a Froome-hater, super happy to see Dumoulin deny him a stage win in this one. TD deserves a stage win himself, and he earned it.

The irony is that Dumoulin is a one man Sky train - all he does is grind. V boring to watch ;-)

i seem to recall him attacking. That steep finish at the 2015 Vuelta and cobbled finish in another grand tour come to mind...
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a great TdF. Kudos to Bardet for putting in a solid TT yesterday too. Thomas’ form is unmatched right now. If he gets his contract sorted out in time, I think he goes to the Vuelta. But I’m guessing he should take his time, enjoy his first GT win, and look at all his options.

2019 could be really good if the stars align. I’d love to see the ASO have a TT on Alpe d’huez again. The diesels certainly have the advantage in France the last 7 years...and I think it would be great viewing especially if they can keep improving the broadcast and relative times between riders. We were all hoping for carnage on stage 17 where it turns into a ITT...so if that’s what we want...force it to happen.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also great to see Lawson Craddock finish as the lanterne rouge after all the hell he went through breaking his scapula in the first stage. Then, to see Tyler Phinney in the break today with two black eyes and a crooked beak after crashing into the trees and breaking his nose a couple days ago. EF First wins whatever prize goes to the toughest SOBs to finish the race.

And I really enjoyed watching Sylvain Chavanel leading the first lap on the Champs.

Degenkolb winning a stage after all he’s been through.

Sagan wrapping up the green jersey early and then having to battle injury to even finish the race. Sticking it out and dealing with his thousands of fans with humor and class.

Julian Alaphilippe providing a likable King of the Mountains.

Thomas and Froome both showing sporting class.

This was a great Tour.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Happy for Kristoff, anybody but Demare. Froome and Thomas look truely happy, i don't think there was any animosity.

yep.....Kristoff is a class dude......best Tour in a long time

agreed. I always liked him. and like many other riders, he'd be a World Champ ... if it wasn't for Peter Sagan. LOL
honestly, its great to see him win again. 2015 was such a great year.

thanks to Carl Spackler for starting this, thanks for everyone for contributing. I am looking forward to the Vuelta.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
Also great to see Lawson Craddock finish as the lanterne rouge after all the hell he went through breaking his scapula in the first stage. Then, to see Tyler Phinney in the break today with two black eyes and a crooked beak after crashing into the trees and breaking his nose a couple days ago. EF First wins whatever prize goes to the toughest SOBs to finish the race.

And I really enjoyed watching Sylvain Chavanel leading the first lap on the Champs.

Degenkolb winning a stage after all he’s been through.

Sagan wrapping up the green jersey early and then having to battle injury to even finish the race. Sticking it out and dealing with his thousands of fans with humor and class.

Julian Alaphilippe providing a likable King of the Mountains.

Thomas and Froome both showing sporting class.

This was a great Tour.

Best one in a few years, I think. The cobbles day was unbelievable (and Degenkolb winning, so great). It worked out well for Thomas to win, an unsung hero and nice guy, and Froome showed heart in the ITT and class in supporting his teammate's dreams coming true, winning fans back, good for both team Sky and for Froome after the recent months leading up to the Tour.

The only thing that fell short was...the trophies?!!! How lame were those?? Sagan's was nice, but the other specialty jersey awards plus the podium and team trophies were really disappointing. If you get an award at the end of the greatest sporting event on the planet, it should be something really special, I think. So much was put into the event in every way, but the awards.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And I really enjoyed watching Sylvain Chavanel leading the first lap on the Champs."

Wonder where Horner was when Chavanel went. Never mind
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gentleman,

In the spirit of *Official Spring Classics* and *Official Giro* threads, outstanding work once again. Informed, insightful and civil dialogue that's deserving of a lesser classification award of it's own. Even though these three threads are pretty much all I reply to on ST these days, it has restored my faith in the forum (at least during bike racing season).

Let's do it one more time. Echapist took Spring Classics and McNulty the Giro, so who wants the Vuelta?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GT is 32? Thought he was about 28. Man, even more of a chapeau. Sombrero, dude. I love it when a been there, highly accomplished kind of pro breaks through big time.
Kristoff wins one, TD classes it up, Froome shows another side of himself and Sagan fly through the forest and hit big rock with ass. Gilbert and Alaphillipe did their thing with panache, guys attacked, and D Martin was top 10 and got a stage.
T Phinney said, Yo, brahs, I'm vibin' Paree.....let's roll the Champs.....
My favorite story though is Lawson Craddock toughing it out, taking Lantern Rouge (who says EF didn't win anything?) and raising about 200k for a velodrome in Texas. USA.

Thanks, all. Who's got the Vuelta?
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guys, thank you so much for this thread, i depend on your group insight each year, classics through the tdf. please continue. and just as a small note please also continue to mark the title with the asteriks, makes it so easy to find each day.
chapeau, all!

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to all the winners.
Started a 5 day vacation so I’ll have to watch the last 3-4 stages when I get back.

Thanks everyone for the dialogue and the wisdom of all you old dudes and veterans.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
"And I really enjoyed watching Sylvain Chavanel leading the first lap on the Champs."

Wonder where Horner was when Chavanel went. Never mind

Haha, I still can't believe he did that, and his interview after I was told to cover the first attack.
All because he thought Hincapie & Lance were on the outs, but now their best friends.

Thanks for the thread, I wasn't able to contribute much. I really enjoyed the TDF this year!
Vuelta is going to be awesome with so many contenders hungry from crashing out of the TDF.

I hope Bernal is Sky's GC in the Vuelta. He would have been top 10 if it wasn't for his 2 crashes in the TDF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Gentleman,

In the spirit of *Official Spring Classics* and *Official Giro* threads, outstanding work once again. Informed, insightful and civil dialogue that's deserving of a lesser classification award of it's own. Even though these three threads are pretty much all I reply to on ST these days, it has restored my faith in the forum (at least during bike racing season).

Let's do it one more time. Echapist took Spring Classics and McNulty the Giro, so who wants the Vuelta?

Thank you for starting this thread, and thanks to all for the banter.
Quote Reply

Prev Next