Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
Anyone else's picture look fantastic?? Hope coverage is this HD quality..
Looks great so far, I'm just scared to jinx it. I'm enjoying all the interviews.

Starky admitted he was nervous as hell, and it showed.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How can you not love Lionel Sanders. Dude drives me crazy, but you gotta love him.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [chrisodg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisodg wrote:
how about Starky's interview in body marking?

You could FEEL his emotions. "I plan to destroy this race", near crying

He is a guy that probably has some financial incentives from sponsors by leading the race at certain points on the bike. He can impact the race by pushing too hard and spreading out the bikers. He will not be a factor by half way through the run. I wouldn't be surprised to see an epic race today from many and potential to see the mens overall course record broken by 2-3 guys.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
How can you not love Lionel Sanders. Dude drives me crazy, but you gotta love him.
Couldn't agree more. An enigma, but also a good interview. Can't wait for this race to unfold.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I get are still photos and no sound or video on the live feed :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: https://swimbikerunrinserepeat.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [photoguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woo hoo! So excited for this race. I have followed this event for almost 35 years. Even proposed to my wife in dig me beach. But I am looking forward to this years tace more than any other. Let’s go!

x2.

I'll watch the entire race and very excited. I went a number of years not watching because I hated the NBC focus on special interest stories but now that you can watch the entire race, I'm back to really interested. I haven't done an Ironman in 22 years but it's still something special.

Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What the fu*k am I supposed to do for the next 40 minutes, talk to my wife?!?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [fierceSun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fierceSun wrote:
monty wrote:
I'm up here on the west coast and getting ready, think in honor of the Kona swim, I will do a 4200 straight in the pool, just to get things started..

I'll just drink some kona coffee...

...until its time to drink some kona brewing :)

Going to be a good day!

Hi here is Europe, put on my Hawaii shirt, expect some guests for dinner and will watch all night.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
In honor of the last 10k of the run, I think I will punch myself repeatedly in the d!ck.

Just don't tell us if there is any CaptainCanada racing plan around all that too!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [chrisodg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisodg wrote:
how about Starky's interview in body marking?

You could FEEL his emotions. "I plan to destroy this race", near crying

I’ve seen a lot of boxers get emotional like that before a fight

It never ends well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:

Loved when he said whether you are at the front or back of the race, we're all just pushing to our own personal limits so we're basically the same.

Yeah.

I'll go with that.

I'm basically the same as Sanders!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [chrissie1993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is the rainiest i ever remember it leading up to race day. i got drenched several times. hawaii must be a globing warming "winner". it's going to make the ocean water quality interesting, and maybe the flats on the road.

there was also more consistent kona beach surf than i remember. decent surfable waves, just about every day, fairly rare here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTH with the live video??? What time is it supposed to come back up???
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I'm up here on the west coast and getting ready, think in honor of the Kona swim, I will do a 4200 straight in the pool, just to get things started..

I just came of 25 hours of door to door travel to as far from Kona as I could possibly get (in Nairobi Kenya) so I am going to head to the 15 meter hotel pool now and suffer it out for an hour IM kick sets so that the pool does not feel too short....then again, since this hotel is outside town at close to 2000m above sea level, maybe I need all the wall push offs that I can get. By the time, I am done, we will know the gap that Lionel needs to chase down....go Josh, make everyone hurt on the swim!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They said on the video that it was the end of the pre-show

Next one starts at 9:10 PST (6 minutes)
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Khabib looked pretty emotional before his last fight :)
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
Khabib looked pretty emotional before his last fight :)

Looked even more emotional after...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And we're LIVE!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Facebook live feed is pretty bad at the moment. It's buffering every couple seconds. Hopefully it will get better, but from here it is not too good :(
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [IvarAlmere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I'm getting is a loud beep. Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will the Facebook coverage and NBC coverage be the same? As in mirrored? Or totally different announcers, views, etc.

Team Zoot - Great Lakes
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
90+ degree temps later, at the moment humidity at 90%. Not too much wind for the bike predicted. Whomever wins will have to be able and willing to suffer on the run. Lionel and Lange have been training hard in hot conditions lately (Kona and The Woodlands). I can see Lionel's odds improving in these conditions.

They're also predicting a potential sub 8. This will be very interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [IvarAlmere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IvarAlmere wrote:
Facebook live feed is pretty bad at the moment. It's buffering every couple seconds. Hopefully it will get better, but from here it is not too good :(

FB through Apple TV is perfect. 1080i and in surround sound!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never have understood the whole Hall of Fame thing.
It looks to me that Ironman has more hall of famers than athletes ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im chromecasting from facebook. This is really terrible. Really bumbed out at the moment. Doesn't seem to get any better.
Quote Reply

Prev Next