Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy Charles!! Wow

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang, huge gap early in. But is it the best strategy to be out there by herself which will take more energy on the swim and bike? Time will tell

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah pretty sad that they have all that commentary about Josh and then all they do is pan to Lucy dropping Lauren and move on. Nothing to say. Just "oh shit she dropped her"

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you think of the water conditions? i.e. temp, swells? Just curious of people's thoughts.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rest of the womens are nowhere in sight. She a beast

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's exactly what I thought, a off the front lead group forming now, then there will be a smallish lead group, and then the 2nd group will be the biggest. Good news for them is that they will not be the usual 4 minutes behind the lead group, maybe 4 behind the off the front one, but a couple minutes better than last year..

And who knows, maybe one of the uber bikers is making that split to the lead 2 group..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is Facebook live the same as Facebook watch. I know I am computer illiterate but I can not find this.
Anybody care to walk me through this?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah.... I hope she's not burning too many matches to get the swim course record. That is a HUGE gap.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So help me w/ my math.....if LS and the "uber" biker group finishes 5 mins back of front swimmers, would that mean essentially Charles comes out of the water with some strong bikers...not that she is going to sit on LS's bike watts, but she's got some firepower to atleast "pace" off, right?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [coecoe13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Open your facebook account, search for Ironman world championship, and then it should be right there.

Quote | Reply
coecoe13 wrote:
is Facebook live the same as Facebook watch. I know I am computer illiterate but I can not find this.
Anybody care to walk me through this?

Go on the facebook app - search Ironman Now and choose that page. then on that page there should be a video that says "Live" on it. click on it, should get you going

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Josh is pulling 10 guys at the turn around. The 2nd group is about 10 sec behind the last of those 10. Let's see if they all can hang on

Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [coecoe13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks to be a tail current on the way out, very fast time out, which will make the draft back easier for the followers. The guys just getting snapped off are going to lose a lot of time in the head current back..You have to suffer now to hold feet if you can..
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Looks to be a tail current on the way out, very fast time out, which will make the draft back easier for the followers. The guys just getting snapped off are going to lose a lot of time in the head current back..You have to suffer now to hold feet if you can..

I was thinking the same thing, looked fast on the way out

When will Lucy make contact with the men?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody poured their first beer yet? :). There’s a cream stout in the fridge begging to be poured.

Quote | Reply
Thanks. kept searching Ironman Live and kept getting sent to sites to sign up for some crap.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was not expecting Lucy doing this so early. Her strategy will probably be putting Daniela on the ropes as long as she can. And it's smart. Is the best strategy for her, put as much time on Daniela on the swim and try to bridge some guys. I still think Dani will catch her and is way too early in the race but is nice to see Lucy not waiting for anybody.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK so I am officially muting NBCSN on cable and turning up facebook now on the Mac (no ads) !

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are assuming that Lucy will swim that 47 flat again, she will not be one second off of Josh today, she doesn't get to draft or pace off him. So she won't probably catch the uber biker group, but will catch the stragglers behind them..
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huge gaps in the women’s race. Wow.

Quote | Reply
The men are cooking. I predict a bunch of guys around 47

Lucy will not set record? I see her at 48:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look how spread out the women are -- Lucy is just crushing them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was actually just thinking of pulling out a Pittsburgh staple IC Light out of the fridge that has been there for a few weeks. My significant other would have one but after saying she was going to watch the race with me she passed out for a nap about 30 seconds after the gun sounded for the pro men start
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Lucy is wishing a minute of josh at. the turnaround, so she will get the record easy, unless she gets lost out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hasn't anyone taught these kids that you're supposed to bend the bill of your cap instead of leaving it completely flat? The youths these days know nothing

Quote Reply

Prev Next