Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the men’s swim record is getting destroyed, if the info on screen is right. Is the course accurate?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChasingPB wrote:
Are we really surprised that they can't tell wtf is going on with all those white caps? Would have been cool if they could get trackers into the pro caps.

This would have been really cool to do as a split screen during the swim to make it easier to follow.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just counted out an 80-84 per minute stroke count for Lucy (15 seconds X20-21 strokes)

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't think this is indicative. Like they just said on Facebook, Lauren might just not want to burn those matches right now

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Looks like the men’s swim record is getting destroyed, if the info on screen is right. Is the course accurate?

They just showed an overhead shot. That tracker isn’t right. That’s a really long last 0.1 miles.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys talking about destroying records, they may not even get them. As I said the course was tail/head, so it is going to be a long slog back
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tubs wrote:
yes, using that one. Do you have to be a member of facebook?

Yes
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The men's race is playing right into Gomez' hand with that big pack of swimmers that will come out first. I think they have a chance to stay together for a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to think this group of 12 at the front have to go. Or shall I say, it makes a ton of sense to go with the front, unless of course Starky just goes suicide. But wow 12 in front group with some of that firepower, that's huge advantage over the biker groups back in the water.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

---
There's a feed on NCB Sports:
http://stream.nbcsports.com/...n/generic?pid=210794

Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Ryf not start?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tubs wrote:
Last year I had uninterrupted livestream of the race. So far this year I have yet to get one second of live feed. Really sucks. Not impressed with the facebook thing.
;-(

I had the same issue with the stream but it's on my end. Phone works well but computer didn't. I switched from Mozilla to Edge and it works now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry guys, no records today, about the same as the practice race last week
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like 8 guys came in right on Amberger's feet

Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working perfectly into my Chromecast.. great picture on my telly.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Sorry guys, no records today, about the same as the practice race last week

that has to be a record number of guys under 48 tho, don't you think?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SO around a low 22 at the turnaround, and about 26 coming home, this is going to be very good for the uberbikers if they were sitting in on feet..Pretty strong head current going home.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starky 1:55 down. How long until he sees the front?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gomez in a good position. I’m guessing he’ll look to sit behind Amburger

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Starky 2 mins back in swim....ouch

Yeah Starky's just going to kill himself and die on the marathon...2 mins back out of the swim, his suicide move now imo is completely irrelevant now.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sebi 3:03 down. Ahead of Wurf
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [wei5209] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Video quality looks great
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trineuropa wrote:
Starky 1:55 down. How long until he sees the front?

not very long. 20mi?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kienle and Wurf 3 min back in a pack with Lange and Nilsson! Lionel hasnt come out yet

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tubs wrote:

Not sure. I think I'm logged in to my wife's account.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply

Prev Next