Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now they’re saying a lost tracker and that she did already come out. If that’s the case hope they get her a new tracker

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CTRL + shiv no results

What no one noticed Lucy Charles is on a 2019 Shiv?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Sanders lost 6:20 in the swim, but more critically 3 mins behind Kienlevand wurf

i suspect starky sticks his nose in the front of this race before wurf or kienle gets to the front group. who thinks wurf is going to catch starky before the finish?
I don't. I think Starky rides a suicide pace. He basically said as much in his emotional interview earlier this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanders clawing back time already, 20 seconds back on Lange and Javier in first split..
Still wodnering what happened to Sebi in first split?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick Baldwin swam a 54 and is on to the bike!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yuck. She’s gonna have her work cut out for her

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy may win today
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
The mens spacing looks fine to me, when you see the ground shots, and they are not going uphill. Jesse you guys, let them get onto the real course before dinging every little uphill bunch...

Really? They looked like they were all at most 6m. And the guy, whoever it was, that I saw pass into 4th ride within 2 meters of third place and did not pass. Very slowly starting falling back. That's not a small mistake.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. smart change
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
Ryf is still in the water... She's going to have a tough day

10:25 back of Charles. Ryf looks like she's hurting.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What? LS is within 20s of Lange and Gomez already???

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Sanders clawing back time already, 20 seconds back on Lange and Javier in first split..
Still wodnering what happened to Sebi in first split?

Maybe a dropped chain? It would have been a pretty fast flat change...
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not too fast if he got neutral support. Would be awfully long to fix a chain.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Starky is smashing it. He’ll be in the lead by 50k
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something happened to Kienle, he lost 3 min on the bike, flat?
Starky and Wurf have made up a min, guessing Starky will be in the lead soon and be joined by Wurf. Braden seems to be hanging on to Wurf!

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Slowman wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Sanders lost 6:20 in the swim, but more critically 3 mins behind Kienlevand wurf

i suspect starky sticks his nose in the front of this race before wurf or kienle gets to the front group. who thinks wurf is going to catch starky before the finish?

I don't. I think Starky rides a suicide pace. He basically said as much in his emotional interview earlier this morning.
Well, they just showed Wurf just 50s behind Starky. So I think it's on and they end up together.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
CTRL + shiv no results

What no one noticed Lucy Charles is on a 2019 Shiv?

she's on a 2019 shiv. i saw it up close. all the specialized athletes are on new shiv discs. i asked tim don about his pedals, the 1-sided aero speedplays. "yes, the stainless ones." not titanium. "too expensive." he buys a new set of them every year.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
What? LS is within 20s of Lange and Gomez already???

No I mean he gained 20 during the first short split
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Starky is smashing it. He’ll be in the lead by 50k

Given the depth of the lead group, it's a tough ask but I'd love to see Starky somehow ride a suicide pace and make the podium.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ryf lost almost 1,5 min to Charles in T1. They mentioned she didn't look good coming out of the water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Something happened to Kienle, he lost 3 min on the bike, flat?
Starky and Wurf have made up a min, guessing Starky will be in the lead soon and be joined by Wurf. Braden seems to be hanging on to Wurf!

Seems the announcers have no idea that Kienle had any issue. They keep talking about how much better off he is this year due to his swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer for Sebi. Basically lost all that time he got from a great swim

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kienle was out of T1 3 mins down but by 2.4 miles he was 5 mins down (according to the tracker). Must have been a crash or a mechanical?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So looks like Lionel is like 15 seconds behind Sebi, hopefully they can now work together to close the 5 minutes left to Gomez!
Quote Reply

Prev Next