Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow right now, Lange is in perfect condition. I got him to repeat in a runaway on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Pro Women - Thru Bike Split 5 - 19.08 mi
1 1:38:50 Lucy Charles
2 1:46:21 7:32 Lauren Brandon
3 1:46:28 7:39 Sarah Crowley
4 1:47:39 8:50 Rachel McBride
5 1:47:40 8:51 Michelle Vesterby
6 1:47:42 8:52 Sarah True
7 1:47:43 8:54 Liz Blatchford
8 1:47:44 8:55 Helle Frederiksen
9 1:47:46 8:57 Jocelyn McCauley
10 1:47:49 9:00 Anne Haug
Ryf at 12th, 10:08 down on Lucy. Tracker shows Lucy riding a faster pace, putting time into her.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kart17 wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
Never noticed the air gap in the BB shell on that Orbea before (Starky). Is that new? What's the deal?

Picture?

I think it is something reflective, and not an air gap?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Looks like Dreitz has his instructions today. Drag Lange around the bike course.

No kidding!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nyone know where Ryf is?
---
Tracker has her in 12th, 10 minutes back

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
Is there a women’s race?

I've been tuned in for 15mins and not a mention or a split, Age groupers have been on 3 times!

Shocking coverage!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
Is there a women’s race?

Yeah -- I mean, the coverage is really good. But they have been basically ignoring the women's race which is incredibly fascinating right now. But ignoring the women's pro field at Kona is pretty much an Ironman staple by now, so it's not unexpected I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's a rectangular foil sticker, not a void/gap in the BB shell..
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how can you say that? He's chasing. Gomez is sitting in the main pack and conserving.

tlc13 wrote:
Wow right now, Lange is in perfect condition. I got him to repeat in a runaway on the run.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trineuropa wrote:
kart17 wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
Never noticed the air gap in the BB shell on that Orbea before (Starky). Is that new? What's the deal?

Picture?

I think it’s a reflective sticker as well

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they can do a split screen to showcase the Hoyts (amazing in case people insert negativity towards them), why can't they do a split screen for the mens/ womens?!?!

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looked to be a gap, as I looked at his and then I believe it was someone immediately after on screen and it was something different.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyscarroll wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
Is there a women’s race?

Yeah -- I mean, the coverage is really good. But they have been basically ignoring the women's race which is incredibly fascinating right now. But ignoring the women's pro field at Kona is pretty much an Ironman staple by now, so it's not unexpected I guess.

What's really annoying is the patting on the back that they do talking about how Ironman appreciates the impact the women have had from the start... Messick said it on Lance's podcast and my eyes almost rolled from my head

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm liking Wurf's discipline right now, pacing off of Starky. But at what point does he decide to contribute? He'll need at least 15min over Gomez and Lange and 10 over Sanders and Keinle to win.

rruff wrote:
Pack 5 minutes down with Kienle and Sanders.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
Is there a women’s race?

I've been tuned in for 15mins and not a mention or a split, Age groupers have been on 3 times!

Shocking coverage!
Yes, embarrassing. Not a single mention in 15+ mins.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChasingPB wrote:
Anyone want to set an over/under to Costes blowing up? Not rooting for him to, but just saying

On the bike? Nah. When Starky pulled away Costes seemed to stick to the plan. He rides in the mountains a lot and he's a skilled descender so he will, on net, put time into the field coming down from Hawi. Costes still doesn't have the run to bring it home though. I think you'll see Starky crank things up to get the bike course record. Wurf will keep things "reasonable" on the bike in a bid to make the podium.

Lange seems to be getting a nice tow...

Go Lucy Charles!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
nyone know where Ryf is?
---
Tracker has her in 12th, 10 minutes back

They mentioned on the broadcast she might have had jellyfish troubles on the swim.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wurf just passed Starky, saying something to him.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big women's pack 3-10. Wonder how Sarah True is fairing...

Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
trineuropa wrote:
kart17 wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

Picture?

Well I have had a couple of beers now..
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A gap of almost 8 mins from 1st-2nd isn't fascinating to me. As badass of a ride for Charles, it's almost equally shocking/embarrassing that in what 25 miles, that's almost what a 3 mile gap....

ETA: Again I guess this is almost an heroic effort by Charles and probaly the others are just having standard Kona race.....but holy hell she's crushing this race right now.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Oct 13, 18 11:39
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
like I was saying above, Wurf needs to work. He wants to win, and will need a big gap over uber runners and moderate gap over Sanders/Keinle types to do it

mbwallis wrote:
Wurf just passed Starky, saying something to him.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Charles looking prety impressive, could of got ridiculous odd on her winning this a couple of weeks ago!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
how can you say that? He's chasing. Gomez is sitting in the main pack and conserving.

tlc13 wrote:

NO WAY LANGE WILL GET ANYWHERE NEAR A 2:39!

-His front wheel is too deep
-Marshalls aren't letting him draft :)
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:
trineuropa wrote:
kart17 wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

Picture?

Well I have had a couple of beers now..

I better get started on my second...
Quote Reply

Prev Next