Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Facebook feed is fantastic for me. Streaming 1080p with no issues (so far). Was a bit worried at first with the FB gig, but things seem to be working very well (at least for now). Rooting for Lucy Charles in the women’s race, not sure who to root for in the men’s. Would love to see a sprint down Ali’i.

Quote | Reply
Looks good on my curved big screen in high def!! Just got back form my 4200 swim, did about 54+ minute pace for a long pull...
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [IvarAlmere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks outstanding to me on apple TV. 1080 with surround sound. Much better video quality than the ironman.com website in past years.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like they are going all out so far at the swim. This is cool :-)

The elites should have swim caps with flags like SuperL.

Great streaming on Facebook.
Last edited by: Halvard: Oct 13, 18 9:38
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, do I remember this feeling they are having right now, all the days, weeks, of nervous anticipation, culmination in those last 30 minutes. What a relief to finally be swimming..
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too bad that we still have the same broadcasting team. I could have gone for a Welchie break for this year. Otherwise, the feed is fantastic

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didnt tune into pretty much 3 mins before race start....what's the pink caps in the men's pro field?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, not all out at all, a steady pace that is letting all the good swimmers hang on, looks like a 1/2 dozen in no distress, but there will be a pop pretty soon. Josh is doing exactly what I said, get a smallish group on his feet then snap off the chase lead pack, so that he has guys to ride with..
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#realmenwearpink

Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Didnt tune into pretty much 3 mins before race start....what's the pink caps in the men's pro field?
Guys that forgot/lost their green caps just like some of the ladies wearing green.
Last edited by: Skyline Chili: Oct 13, 18 9:43
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amberger pacing and pulling the field, as predicted.

Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long run done. Banana bread for brunch, spin bike ride during the pro bike, then pineapple upside down cake with macadamia nuts for dessert after dinner. Ready for a great day!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Man, do I remember this feeling they are having right now, all the days, weeks, of nervous anticipation, culmination in those last 30 minutes. What a relief to finally be swimming..

Never been to Kona, but yeah, the pre-swim butterflies usually render me catatonic...

Quote | Reply
Looks like the guy in around 8th or 9th is going to be the split, other guys look good and tight on the pace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then there's that one dude that's swimming far left, outside of the line

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would be nice if they could tell us who are in the top 5.
They did that at SL and at ITU.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I just got a glimpse of Tim Don, about 6th place - first spot where it was 2 swimmers side by side rather than single file.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:

A few of the "race favorites" are in different color caps so they are easy to identify during the swim.

Pretty sure that would be TO in the pink cap/blue aquasphere swimskin sitting back in 8-10th. But looks like there are a few others in pink as well? Think I saw a silver cap as well?

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m hoping on year they’ll have advanced tracking and they can have a name and arrow pointing out who is who on the swim. Who is in 2nd? Looks like someone with long arms - Potts maybe?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was happy with the women's race coverage before the race. What about now? How far are Charles and Brandon ahead of the rest of the field?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
14 min in and the split has occurred. It looks like a 2nd split of the front pack is getting ready to divide. Still 15+ guys hanging on to Amberger though

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about the women????

Seriously!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gomez is sitting 2nd, I think Currie 3rd, don't know who the idiot was swimming around 6th outside of the entire pack. Imagine Potts in there too. And for about 1/2 of the predictors that thought Josh would do the same as last year, I told you so!! Gomez is a top ITU swimmer, he is not going to get dropped unless it is just an absolute sprint for the record at some point..ANd that gives others that length of train to have an even better draft than just one guy..
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m wondering who those two summers out by themselves in no mans land are. Stuck in between the two big packs.

Yeah, would be interested in a quick peak back to the women’s race.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about the women????

---

Seems like a split screen like they do for the run would be an excellent idea for the swim

Quote Reply

Prev Next