Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he is... and Gomez seems to be riding very "tactical" as well

ericMPro wrote:
is Lange joining the chase pack?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Lange getting some domestique work fron Dreissler? They're suspiciously together for most of the coverage
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gomez and Lange together. This could be a really exciting run.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry if i missed this but who was the German guy on NBCSN celebrating the end of the swim as if he just won something?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drietz has done a great job of pulling Lange up to Gomez.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if Erdinger had a chat with Dreitz

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, he has already lost 5 min over the first 35 miles.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Is Lange getting some domestique work fron Dreissler? They're suspiciously together for most of the coverage

They just happen to be on the same team.

Really it is just that Lange has these super new custom 3d printed aero bars.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if someone like Tim O wants to beat Gomez/Lange, he has to do something different such that it gives him an edge. Sitting 5th wheel with Starky might have been that choice

Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
and I think quite a few people capable of sitting in with the lead 4 made a tactical error letting them go. I'm thinking Tim O'Donnell in particular
It's going to be a classic uber biker vs. uber runner situation. Gomez and company will speed up some once Sebbie and Sanders come through the main pack

oscaro wrote:
Starky and Wurf seem to be on 4:04 pace right now... Gomez on pace for about a 4:23 so would put Wurf in a great position.

i think it was '95 when hellreigel got 14min on mark allen, and everybody stayed with mark, because that's where the race was. the race is wherever gomez is. and, esp, gomez and lange, if those two are together.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [triczyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
43 year old former pro who just broke the Kona swim record. Swam a minute faster than Amberger.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChasingPB wrote:

I think it's fair to say that Lange owes Dreitz an Erdinger..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, he's using him as a teammate and the other chase group guys as "teammates".

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
and I think quite a few people capable of sitting in with the lead 4 made a tactical error letting them go. I'm thinking Tim O'Donnell in particular
It's going to be a classic uber biker vs. uber runner situation. Gomez and company will speed up some once Sebbie and Sanders come through the main pack

oscaro wrote:
Starky and Wurf seem to be on 4:04 pace right now... Gomez on pace for about a 4:23 so would put Wurf in a great position.

i think it was '95 when hellreigel got 14min on mark allen, and everybody stayed with mark, because that's where the race was. the race is wherever gomez is. and, esp, gomez and lange, if those two are together.

What race are you watching? I haven’t seen the race where ever Gomez is since the start.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lange might be pushing too hard on the bike. Wurf is in a great spot.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
ChasingPB wrote:

The ones with alcohol, too!!

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:

Sure validated the rap on Lange. No wonder Jan and Sebi are pissed at this tactics.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
ChasingPB wrote:

here's lange's aerobars. 3D printed by canyon based on a mold of his position.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
43 year old former pro who just broke the Kona swim record. Swam a minute faster than Amberger.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [triczyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry if i missed this but who was the German guy on NBCSN celebrating the end of the swim as if he just won something? //

We talked about it earlier, but it was Jan Seiserbeson, a 43 year old AG'er who was a former pro, who broke the overall course swim record..Went over a minute faster than the men pros too..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
he is... and Gomez seems to be riding very "tactical" as well

ericMPro wrote:
is Lange joining the chase pack?

One would only discount Gomez at this point at their peril.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the coverage is patchy, and the commentators clueless, but I think Lange had to bridge up to the main chase pack w/ Dreitz. Well done if so

B_Doughtie wrote:
yes, he's using him as a teammate and the other chase group guys as "teammates".

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:

Solid teamwork... wait, is this a team sport?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triczyk wrote:
Sorry if i missed this but who was the German guy on NBCSN celebrating the end of the swim as if he just won something?

He set a new swim course record.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jan Sibbersen of Sailfish 46:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim O!!! Getting after it!!! Excited to see what he can do
Quote Reply

Prev Next