Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's been a moment or two when it looks like Dreitz has been chatting with Lange, where I'd venture a bet Starky and Wurf haven't been too worried about who's behind them. that's what's annoying. Besides that, yeah if he's at 12m you can't challenge the win bc he followed the rules

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Solid teamwork... wait, is this a team sport?

They sure talk as if it is, where the announcers talk about riders waiting for the group to form and looking for help. I thought it was an individual race too...silly me.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where I see this as differently, even though I think both are clear signs of "teammates" is that this instance, Dreitz isn't significantly giving up his own race....He's pulling a guy to the front of the field, this isn't like Chrabot who swam backwards/waited/took a nap for LS a few years back. And as I said, Lange has an teammate, and now about 8 other "teammates" now that he's in the chase pack draft pack now. So at what point does that come into play? Shouldn't he have to try and ride through, or is "sitting" in ok behind the pack?

But I do think this is obvious teammates helping each other, I just dont think it's necessarily the same as Chrabot/LS issue...even though it kinda is, but not at the same time? Does that make sense?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

They sure talk as if it is, where the announcers talk about riders waiting for the group to form and looking for help. I thought it was an individual race too...silly me.

why didn't anyone say anything here when the announcers went on in detail about o'donnell organizing the front group as they were riding up palani road?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bretzky wrote:
Thorax wrote:
The Lange hate is getting out of control around here.

People don't like runners for some reason. Same thing happened with Crowie.
It's not that. People loved Rinny. It's the reputation for drafting, which is perhaps overblown. But when the accusations come from favorites Jan and Sebi, people seem to pile on.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Where I see this as differently, even though I think both are clear signs of "teammates" is that this instance, Dreitz isn't significantly giving up his own race....He's pulling a guy to the front of the field, this isn't like Chrabot who swam backwards/waited/took a nap for LS a few years back. And as I said, Lange has an teammate, and now about 8 other "teammates" now that he's in the chase pack draft pack now. So at what point does that come into play? Shouldn't he have to try and ride through, or is "sitting" in ok behind the pack?

But I do think this is obvious teammates helping each other, I just dont think it's necessarily the same as Chrabot/LS issue...even though it kinda is, but not at the same time? Does that make sense?

I agree that Drietz isn't giving up his own race to lead Lange, so not likely illegal.

I think maybe Costes had a bonus from Morf for leading the race for a duration of time? If so, money well spent by Morf
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are these AG'er struggeling so hard? I would think they were in great shape since they qualified, yet it looks like they are about to sink?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone can hate all they want. No even a Portuguese Man'O'War can stop the Angry Bird.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
i don't find anything in the rules against what gomez or lange is doing. //

I think you misunderstood what they are talking about. It is not those two, but Dreitz and Lange. Two guys from the same country, and Drietz seems to make sure Lange always knows when he is going to do something. But still, nothing wrong with that either, both are advancing their chances at the moment. But if Lange gets dropped and Drietz drops off the front all of a sudden to ride pace for him, then it is getting sketchy..

i guess i do misunderstand, because i thought i was reading pretty similar disdain for gomez's riding behavior.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I guess my real question is can Gomez handle the marathon, or will he blow up as a rookie on the island ie 70.3 Champs style??
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

why didn't anyone say anything here when the announcers went on in detail about o'donnell organizing the front group as they were riding up palani road?

'merican.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
How are these AG'er struggeling so hard? I would think they were in great shape since they qualified, yet it looks like they are about to sink?

I assume some get in by lottery, connections or other means.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry Monty no pay day for you :-p
Ha!! Well I picked Ryf to win today, but I just couldn't bet on her because of the bad odds. I will be happy either way, Lucy was just a back up to Daniela getting some bad luck..
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Looks like Dreitz has his instructions today. Drag Lange around the bike course.

You can bet anything, that Dreitz wont help Lange this way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

When I said the announcers talked about waiting for the group to form, I was referencing them when they were talking about O'Donnell riding up Palani road. My comment had nothing to do with Lange.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the tracker app is correct, sanders only 2 minutes behind the gomez group at 67km??
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are these AG'er struggeling so hard?
---
Several reasons:
-They aren't so young. Older people just aren't as fast as they used to be
-No wetsuit, which is likely new to them in long distance OWS
-They put all of their training eggs into qualifying, Kona is just the victory parade
-They might be having a bad day

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bretzky wrote:
Thorax wrote:
The Lange hate is getting out of control around here.

People don't like runners for some reason. Same thing happened with Crowie.
It's going to be an awful day for them, then.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
At the 42 mile checkpoint, Sanders and Kienle holding at about 5 1/2 minutes down from the leaders, but more importantly they made up a minute on Gomez and Lange - now roughly 2 minutes down on those two.

We are like less than half way into the bike so I would say there are easily half a dozen who could win at this point. Long way to go. Brent Mcmahon is up there. Don't remember him doing well at Kona in the past I think last year got waylaid by a Jelly fish. Hope he does well.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
How are these AG'er struggeling so hard?
---
Several reasons:
-They aren't so young. Older people just aren't as fast as they used to be
-No wetsuit, which is likely new to them in long distance OWS
-They put all of their training eggs into qualifying, Kona is just the victory parade
-They might be having a bad day

It's the world championships for f****'s sake.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s how I’m reading it. Although it’s a bit behind
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [StokeTheFire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
StokeTheFire wrote:
So I guess my real question is can Gomez handle the marathon, or will he blow up as a rookie on the island ie 70.3 Champs style??

And Cairns when Currie dropped him on the run....who by the way is sitting in the Lange/Gomez group and cruising....
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone stopped for a penalty when they didn't actually receive one? That's rough
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:

It's the world championships for f****'s sake.

So is our neighborhood 8K.
Quote Reply

Prev Next