Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ML, Cathy and others...fair enough, no difference in points scheme for racing. Let's consider that for the next camp...race needs to be multisport, must include running and results have to be posted on the internet as proof. ML, I think you should keep up the "silver club" program (equates to 60 min running+60 min trainer per day). You'll go sub 4:15 at Tupper!

Today was a good day despite 2 degree C and a biting cold wind:
  1. 30 min roller ride
  2. 90 min ~19K run with lots of hills and half Ironman pace running
  3. 120 min outdoor bike in cold and wind with ~50% at half Ironman race intensity

Total AM workouts = 170 pts...I think that puts me at ~1400 pts for the camp

I might head out for 60 min on the rollerskis this evening and then tomorrow I'll likely do the same morning workout, except the run will be reduced and the bike lengthened. I looked at my log and if I just do 12K running tomorrow, I'll be up to 160K running for the camp (100 miles) and 100K this week! It was originally supposed to be mega biking volume, but weather really got in the way. What I did not get in bike volume, I made up in intensity on the trainer!

Edit: Added 15 min of weights in the PM for 10 more pts Day 9 Total = 180

Last edited by: devashish paul: Apr 14, 07 17:19
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dev -

APRIL 14th:
Run – 2 hrs – 120 points
Swim – 1 hr – 40 points
Total – 160 points

CAMP TOTAL: 900

im supposed to ride 4 tomorrow, but the weather is supposedly going to be horrific starting today thru tomorrow night. gonna try to get outside, cause 4 hrs on a trainer is NO FUN! i should definitely break 1000 though:)

http://www.ksweetstrispot.blogspot.com

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge
Contemporary Alternative Care

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev, Yesterday was rest day, 0 points. Today was a 10/10/10 in prep for tomorrow's sprint tri, so 7+5+10 today...22 total. Looks like I'm right on target for the "limp dick" level...LOL.

Another voice for keeping the point system as is. Ideally I would not have a race during TRAINING CAMP, and don't think I should be rewarded for that. ;-)

One cannot enlighten the unconscious.
Stuff that rocks: <fawning links here>
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [almost tri-ing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd give you two points a minute for dress shopping. Agreed, it is freakin exhausting.

Dev - 140 pts today. My run felt great, teaching spin class was miserable (my legs are sore from biking yesterday!), and my swim felt good but that's the last time I'll be able to swim for three days, unless I swim in Boston on Tuesday. Hoping to get to the BU pool, we'll see what happens.

run: 40 min
bike: 70 min
swim: 80 min

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday Morning workout

50 mile compu trainer ride 2:18 = 92.67 pts
6.1 mile brick 43min = 43 pts

Sat Total = 135.66574

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday, April 14:

1 hour run = 60 points
75 minute swim = 50 points

Total= 110 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday
5:02 ride outside = 151 points. Great to get outside in reasonable temperatures. You know it is a rough "spring" when you can get excited about low 40's and overcast.

Also I am missing 102 points for thursday in the chart. Swim and a long run tomorrow should easily get me to silver. Sure hope that the snowstorm holds off til noon. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
am Bike 3.75 hours (225 mins) for 113 pts.

pm Run 60 mins for 60 pts.

Day 9 Total : 173 pts.

Running Total: 876 pts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday April 14th:

Outside ride: 257 minutes - 123.5 points. That's all for today.

Daily total: 123.5 points

Camp total: 666 (eeek!)

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today (Saturday 14th) was a "long" (well with the crapy Ottawa weather it felt extremely long @ some points) outdoor ride:
Bike ride 3:07: 93.5 pts

Total: 93.5 pts

Here goes Silver.. but since I am running Minto run for Reach 1/2 Mary tomorrow i wanted to be able to "kind of race" and not just cruise the run (can do that every day)!

Cheers,
Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
april14
bike 3.17 98pts
run 30min 30pts
total for the day 128 pts total for the week 1039pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friday the 13th, rest day as usual

Saturday the 14th,
6 hour trainer ride: 239 points
30 minute run: 30 points

total for the day: 269
total for the camp: 877

Quote | Reply
Thursday:

60 Min Trainer Ride 40 Pts

Total: 40 pts

Friday

60 Min Swim 40 pts
60 Min Run 60 Pts

Total 100 pts

Sat:
380 min ride- 190 Pts

Total 190 pts

Camp total: 854

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slow day for me.
only got in my 30 minute run= 30 points

jana

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Trevor,

Good job. It looks like you will hit Silver club...maybe you can "race" Murphy's Law to the finish line tomorrow!

Folks, try and get your points in. I'm starting work on the results for Day 9!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, results as of 8:35 pm

Alphabetical

By leaderboard...I've refrained from posting this view, but I figure with a day to do, it might get some of you going...Kus, Woleai and CPTchaos will blow by me as soon as they submit their day 9 results. There is nice battle for the overall between Cousin Elwood and Matti58. Both should end up at Platinum. Looks like 4-5 contenders for gold club, 4-5 for Carbon Fiber and a bunch for silver...please get your scores in and let me know if I am missing something in my next post....do I get any points for doing this....it just sucked up 90 minutes of my time!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, thanks again for all of your hard work compiling points. As you hinted at earlier, you definitely deserve points for keeping track of everyone!
My day 9 update (Saturday):

6 hour bike=180pts
1 hour brick run=60pts
total=240pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whew! Sat 4/14:
AM; 162 min ride incl. warm up, TT + intervals, cooldown - 81 pnts
PM: 2:14 run neg split - definitely one of my top 5 long runs ever- 134 pnts

Total for today: 215

Right now I am feeling stupid-tired.

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Matti58, that 240 puts you at 1965 on the top of the leaderboard. What is on the agenda for tomorrow? Aparently Cousin Elwood claims that he can't do much, except a few runs, so it might be a close race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April 13, 0 pts
April 14, 90 min swim (60pts), 4h40min outdoor bike (140pts), total 200pts

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like I'll get pipped at the line...
Today was just a wet run in the a.m. (that's what I get for braggin' on CA weather yesterday!!)
Run 0:54 = 54
Day 9 weak total 54

Nine day total 1953

I think I can get 47 minutes tomorrow morning so I can make platinum without having to run again when I drag my tired butt home. I might go by the club for a spin if I need a few points, so I'll make 200, but matti58 is a diminishing dot on the horizon. Congrats bro'

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apr 14: 4:00 ride = 120 pts
Total = 120 pts

No run today. My legs are too fried. We did a 1+ hr hottub workout instead. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< We did a 1+ hr hottub workout instead. :) >>

Pics or it didn't happen. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]<< We did a 1+ hr hottub workout instead. :) >>

Pics or it didn't happen. ;-)[/reply]

pics yesterday of the hot tub. dinner time!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
april 14
B 5:15.......157 points
R 1:03...........63 points

total: 220 points

peggy
Quote Reply

Prev Next