Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CLM, calm down, I only just thought of how to count up my race effort. I thought the howl of protest would be more in line with "the slower racers will get more points, so us fast folks will be penalized", and I thought that since a race is painful and hard for whatever type (FOP, MOP, BOP), that 1 point per minute is fair. I was only thinking of multisport events as doing a single sport event is already well within the rules of the camp, consider some of us are out there doing 60-90 minutes at our FTP in the midst of a 3-4 hour ride, where others are doing a 3-4 hour ride at an intensity that causes minimal muscular stress. I am cool with that, and agree that the best thing is to give points per minute of effort, per Dev's rules, so this race suggestion is in line with that idea.

Regards,

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lame yesterday (does a 3 hr nap count for anything), better today.

April 12 - Run 16 min (16 pts)

April 13 - Run 90 min (90 pts) + Bike 30 min (20 min) = 110 points

Running total: 631 + 16 + 110 = 757 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, it is not official....I seriously hope that no one is basing racing plans on the point scheme. Let's see what the others have to say, but since I do not like changing the rules mid stream, I think your protest is quite valid...which is why we're having a vote. Maybe it could be something posted for the next Xmas camp (not that there are a whole bunch of races around at that time...)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, i certainly have no qualms with changing the points system.......this is all just fun so it doesn't matter to me one bit. My update for today, Friday, April 13:
1 hour swim=40pts
5 hour bike (outside, finally!!!)=150pts
1 hour run=60pts
:20 weights=13pts
Total: 263pts

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
35min run at lunch = 35pt
65min run in the evening = 65pts

Thursdays Total = 100

35 min swim = 23.3331

60 min run = 60

Friday Total = 83.3331

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fri. April 13th
60 min run = 60 points
60 min trainer = 40 points

total = 100 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't really have a preference (I agree with Matti58 that this is all for fun), but if you're waiting for my vote, I'd say don't change the point system now. (What if others who have reported their points all week included a race, and start asking for tallies to be revised based on new rules--yikes!) Let's keep it simple, and keep in mind it's a training camp, not a race or competition. (There's no way my end-of-camp total will be close to the top guns, so my vote isn't about trying to bring anyone "down.")

Off for the last workout of the day, will post later.

Thanks Dev for doing this! Much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bruce Bornhurst
M 50 - 54
4-13

Swim. 1:05. Points - 42
Bike. 2:45. Points - 82
Total. 124

The bike was a mnt bike ride. Got scarry lost in a snow storm in White Mnts, AZ. We dodged a bullet today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
am Swim for 45 mins. for 30 pts.

pm Run 60 mins for 60 pts.

Day 8 Total: 90 pts.

Running Total: 704 pts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
april 13:
B 1:02.......31 points
R 1:40........100 points

total: 131 points
peggy
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [pmcdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi, finally home off the road on friday the 13 ohohohojh.
it`s my first time on st and i really enjoy this camp pts system is find it fun to see
how fare you can get thank`s
april 13
compu trainer bike 1.20= 53pts
run 50min 50pts
swim 1hrs= 40pts
total for the day 143 pts total for the week 911 pts
i`m locking for carbon. cheer for a nice weekend
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally had a good day of training. This Xantusia air is certainly helping.

Apr 13:
Bike: 4:15 = 127 pts
Run: 45 = 45 pts
Total: 172 pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim 1 hour: 40 pts

Bike: 1:30 outside in the mountain: 45 pts

Run: 26:00 : 26 pts.

Day's total: 111

CAMP TOTAL: 1114.6

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [soya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apr13:
Run (outdoors) 75' = 75
Total to date = 785.4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a correction, as well as day 7 & 8. Due to a math error, 4/10 (day 5) should have been 318, not 316. This could prove to be critical, as I'm going to struggle to get an hour of running tomorrow and Sunday mornings. But if necessary, I'll run a few miles when I get home Sunday night.

Day Seven
Run 1:12 = 72
Swim 0:58 = 38.7
Spin 1:05 = 43.3
Brick run 0:31 = 31
Day 7 Total - 185

Day Eight
Spin 0:58 = 38.7
Brick run 0:32 = 32
Trail run 2:49 = 169
Swim 0:30 = 20
Day 8 Total - 259.7

Eight day total = 1899

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day Eight

Run 60 min = 60 pts
Swim 90 min = 60 pts
Run 60 min = 60 pts
Bike trainer 120 min = 80 pts

Total: 260 pts
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fri 13th
4:36 bike = 138pts

Total = 138pts

Camp Total = 1118pts

My last post with 163pts was for Thursday and no Wedenesday (as I wrote) or Friday (as i is in Devs lit).

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Last edited by: felix__w: Apr 14, 07 1:54
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fri April 13

30min weights = 15pts
45min run = 45pts

Total 60pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April 13th total run 1:45 for 105 points. It is so much nicer being healthy!!

I'm not gonna make it to Silver, but I am targeting 800 points by the end of the weekend. Time to go for a swim.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Missed fridays update sorry but will post friday and saturday together now:

Day 8 (Friday 13th...)
40min run = 40pts
35min run = 35pts
60 Trainer ride= 40pts
total= 115pts

Day 9 (Sat)
110min trainer ride= 73pts
41min run= 41pts
total= 114pts

Camp totals = 879pts

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev,

I noticed that my April 12 totals weren't on the last sheet. that was a 2 hour ride on the indoor trainer for 80 points.

Thanks

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's today's action, such as it was. I was pretty wussy on the bike, just didn't have any get up and go today. The gusting headwinds and upper 30's temps certainly didn't help (but since the ride took longer than normal, I get more points! ;-)
Running felt surprisingly good, particularly the 2nd one. Go figger.

SAT
run 40 mins = 40 pts
bike 138 mins = 69 pts
run 37 mins = 37 pts
Sat day total = 146

Camp to date total = 901

Just need a lousy 100 pts tomorrow, which if not for the totally craptacular weather forecast would be a can of corn. I will run 6m+ no matter what, and the rest o' the pts'll hafta be on the trainer and/or "other".

Looking forward to getting back to my 7 hrs a week of training after this is over :-)

PS - My vote - DO NOT CHANGE THE POINTS FORMAT!!!!!!!!!!

You open up the whole intensity can of worms if you do. I did some pretty intense track workouts, yet they only count for the same points as if I had jogged for the same amount of time.
One of my trainer workouts was a lung buster, shouldn't that be worth more points than an active recovery spin?

Let's not go there.
While it would more accurately portray the training load, it'd be waaaay too hard to keep track of.
my $0.02, and worth both pennies.

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Apr 14, 07 8:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 8: 4:00 ride + 0:30 run = 150 points
Day 9: Not feeling well, day off = 0 points

TOTAL = 852

My egocentric blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went shopping for over 3 hours yesterday to buy a dress. If we're changing the points system, I vote that shopping should count for 2 points per minute. I was VERY tired after shopping, it was at least twice as hard as running....;) You're on your feet the whole time, then you have to take off your clothes and put them back on over and over and over again. Then you have to put all the clothes back on the hangers. It's like doing a thousand squats. Then there is the mirror and the lighting in the dressing room that shows every flaw that you have. Shopping is REALLY hard!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Is there a comeback on the horizon?"

To date it's cycling only. Running still causes back pain. Did one swim in Clermont - maybe 1500m. Need to be in shape to keep up with MissP on the bike - even if it is for half the distance of her longer rides! She is really rounding into great form on the bike. She was crushing all the guys at the Camp in Clermont

As usual, will jump into a tri or two this year just to say I did one.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next