Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It was minus 2 this morning with 40 kph winds, so my thoughts of a 2 hour long bike commute to work went out the window..."
- - Call the moving van fer cryin' out loud. We road the Vineman course on Saturday and although we had a light misting rain early, we barely needed arm warmers. Yesterday was sunny and mid 70s in Walnut Creek, and I had a nice Easter morning recovery ride with my GF and a gorgeous trail run in the afternoon.
You're welcome here any time, as long as you're not allergic to dogs.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're tracking AGs, I'm 55-59. I like it there, 'cuz most of my competition is dead...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian,
I feel your pain. 30 run and 5:30 ride on Saturday was worth 195 whereas the previous day's 90 and 90 was only 60 points less. Oh well, Dev said not to argue with the points. The pool is actually open now, so maybe I will swim for a few meters and see if my arms still work.
Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>I feel your pain. 30 run and 5:30 ride on Saturday was worth 195 whereas the previous day's 90 and 90 was only 60 points less. Oh well, Dev said not to argue with the points.<<

Me three. My ride Saturday was 5,000 feet of climbing in the first 65 miles. Trainer rides are nothing.

Note to kus...there is still time to catch that flight. Sunny, warm, windy. Pumkin says hi. You tell me the airport and time and I'll be there. ;-)

1 hour 36 minute run in the books. Breakfast, then meeting Monty at the pool.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys quit whining about the points system and suck it up and live with it :-)...Cathy, you already got credit for Hero status with your 8.5 hour ride, and all the points that go with it :-). Next time you complain about trainers, I'm going to duct tape your elbows to the aero pads, and crazy glue your ass to a seat, put you on the computrainer, set it up at 250W, duct tape your mouth so you can't complain and leave you on the thing for an entire hour. Then you can come back and tell us that trainer rides are not tough :-).

I'll take 8 hours and 15,000 feet of climbing any day over the aforementioned trainer ride :-). And anyone wanting to do this ride, should sign up:

http://www.customgetaways.com/2005Marmotte.htm

If I get off my ass, there will be a real training camp one of these year's in France and we'll do all the big climbs of the TdF (cdw will show up on his powercranks...) :-)
Last edited by: devashish paul: Apr 9, 07 10:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>put you on the computrainer, set it up at 250W, duct tape your mouth so you can't complain and leave you on the thing for an entire hour. <<

Actually, I'm not that far off. I do M2 spin (Michael McCormack) every Thursday on the bikes with power taps and I'm averaging right around 200 for the entire hour. No duct tape though. ;-)

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 3
1:03:03 morning run = 63
33:43 swim at lunch = 22
total = 85 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev, Sorry I didn't realize you wanted reports daily. So I have some catching up to do. Here ya go:
April 6: Run, 25 min. Bike, 20 min. Total: 35 points.
April 7: Run, 110 min. Ocean Swim, 15 min. Total: 120 pt.
April 8: Bike, 264 min, Total: 132 pts. (Figueroa Mtn loop)
April 9: Bike 20 min, Total: 10 pts (rest day)
Thanks!

One cannot enlighten the unconscious.
Stuff that rocks: <fawning links here>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 3 Total: 0 pts :(
Day 4 Total: 1:10 run = 70 pts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday - Recovery Day, 0 pts. Core work and stretching for an hour or so. Back at it tomorrow, and looking at my planned training for the week, I'll hit just over 750 points by the end of the camp. Woot!

And I'm in M30-34. ( since I noticed that wasn't in the last spreadsheet )

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I was lazy and missed the sign-up deadline, I'll just play along in lurker mode.

Not that I'm in any way a threat to figure in the results of this sorta thing at all, being a card-carrying member of the Steve Larsen Fan Club.

That being said, I'll see if I can take a (long) shot at the Silver Club, in spite of putting up a big fat pastel pink and blue 0 yesterday.
Which followed hot on the heels of an equally impressive 26 points on Friday.

If eating counted for points, I think I'd be winning this camp; you shoulda seen what I threw down on Sat nite (Mexican) and Sunday (mega bacon in am, along w/ hash browns and a huge omelette - lasagna, ham, roast beef, and ice cream cake in pm :-)

I think my 4 day total is less than Dev did on Day 1. :-p

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [kus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Don't forget, Wildflower is coming and roller skating/ blading is not part of the course :)
LOL it's rollerskiing. :-) Anyway a steady diet of rollerskiing and weight lifting and he'll do just fine at Wildflower.
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ML, since I effectively extended my self imposed deadline this morning, by sleeping in and not posting the results that I committed to post, I can't turn anyone away today (you have to apply the same standard to yourself as you impose on others and lead by example...).

So to everyone...post till 11 pm Hawaii time today 9 April...that works out to 7 am EDT April 10th. As Cathy pointed out, some people don't have internet access on weekends, and I guess I need to take into account that some people only surf ST on company coin and don't do it at home :-) :-) :-).

Trevor, you forgot to mention preacher curls...that alone should take off 10 min off the WF time...you need them to lift the glasses of gatorade at the Naked Aid station...

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today running 58' = 58 pts.
Second easter day = day off from work, visiting my mother in law. Now holidays are over, time to train. In the USA, there is no second easter day?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 4 totals:
1hr swim = 40pts
50min on Trainer= 33pts
35min run = 35pts
TOTALS = 108pts
Camp totals= 448pts

I had to re-read Matti58 3 5hr trainer rides, my brain hurts thinking about that. The only way that would happen in my house is if you locked me on the bike and locked the door to my basement so no one could get down! That is hard-core!

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 4:
Swim: 1:05: 43 pts.
Bike: 1:00 on trainer: 40 pts (how do you guys do longer than this!?!)
Run: 1:00: 60 pts.

Day 4 Total: 143
Weekly Total: 461

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Last edited by: dtreeps: Apr 9, 07 17:09
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 4

1:00 swim-40 pts

TOTALL: 305
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 4
90 min run
90 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 4- easy day
6.2 mi treadmill run - 45 min - 45 pnts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Day 4: did a 30 minute swim today, 20 points

new total is 374 points

Quote | Reply
Day 4 total: 90 minutes on the indoor trainer - 60 points.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [pbroyl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second easter day = day off from work, visiting my mother in law. Now holidays are over, time to train. In the USA, there is no second easter day?

sure there is. second easter day is when you finish off the candy that the Easter bunny left! I love the Easter Bunny, he brought me a dark chocolate rabbit :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not going to have time tomorrow AM to post results (I'm either going to be sleeping or training), so here is the latest as of 9 pm EDT on April 9th....More is More, congrats on coming back from the dead.

I managed to get a 50 min 11K run and a 40 min bike commute this evening in addition to the 60 min rollerski + 60 min bike commute this morning...total for day 140 pts....now desertdude can run laps of his house until he gets 141 for the day :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the late post Dev,

Sat: 30 Min Run
30 Min Swim

50 Pts

Sunday:
60 Min Run
60 Min Trainer ride

100 pts

Today:
1hr swim
30 min weights

40 Pts

Camp total: 325pts

M25-29

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Easter Camp Good Friday Apr6 - Apr 15th (10 days) [Colossal Quads] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice day for the pool
april 9
swim; 1hr 10 46pts week total 481pts
Quote Reply

Prev Next