Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i thought the saddle-to-bar drop looked a tad low for you...
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. I'm throwing some GP5000TL 32s in the old BMC. You have to shrink the hell out of any picture to post shesh.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Feb 4, 22 11:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Especially like the wheel choice.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Figured you'd like those. How are you
Ou liking your bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
except on my gravel bike that has just a mechanical Apex groupo.

That's a good group! When I first started playing around with CX racing, I picked up a used open-mold CX bike with Apex to learn on without worrying about trashing the F out of the whole bike. And I thought the Apex would be the first thing to swap out.

But damn if that group hasn't just been rock solid. Easy to maintain. High-pressure wash it with zero worries. Satisfying, precise shifts. And really not that heavy at all.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously agree with everything you've written. I occasionally get friends who look for bikes and ask me if this or that good enough; Is a 105 junk. These are so much better than anything pros used to ride in RECENT history. Cycling gear is just so nice in general and it very rapidly has been progressing. DI2/UI2/AXS are spectacular and we are all fortunate for the trickle down of technology

By the way, I remember you maybe mentioning some time ago your experiences with Tubeless in crits...? Maybe. As mentioned the old BMC will be getting 32s and will be for crappier brick roads and some hard packed sand. Should I be looking at any other tyres? Really the purpose for this is on more of my adventure rides on roads that typically just are painful to ride. Anything heavier duty would be done on my gravel bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
32s sound fine for rougher roads.

Great domestique work by Magnus Sheffield today in France.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 5, 22 7:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was at ENVE this week with a colleague visiting for first time. Walking in I commented that after he tours the manufacturing facility, test lab and learns how they design, he’ll get what makes the company different.

Had been riding my gravel bike because, winter. Last month I did a 3-day, 375-mile ride from San Francisco to Santa Barbara and was reminding how much I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
I didn't even realize there was a "fondo world championships"... what does that even mean? Some sort of cash grab by the UCI?

That finish at Etoile de Besseges today was brutal. Cocquard looking lean and mean there.

Meanwhile in Spain, Jakobsen with an impressive display of power. Interesting the he and Groenewegen win on the same day.

Lots of good stuff already. Remco took a big pull in the Valenciana but forgot to bring his team with him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Great domestique work by Magnus Sheffield today in France.

That was indeed impressive. 19 year old kid leading the peloton uphill for quite a while, dishing out some serious hurt.

Too bad Carapaz couldn't finish it off.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Lots of good stuff already. Remco took a big pull in the Valenciana but forgot to bring his team with him.

Remember that stage last year where DQS screwed up the leadout, but Senechal still won? Jakobsen was, ahem, "unhappy" afterwards. I wonder what he had to say in the team bus today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He also forgot to bring his mountain bike.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:

Remember that stage last year where DQS screwed up the leadout, but Senechal still won? Jakobsen was, ahem, "unhappy" afterwards. I wonder what he had to say in the team bus today?

Some of that is on Evenepoel, but at least from my couch spectator position, not all of it. Team's gotta be ready to follow the power moves to the front. Reminds me of MdVP's first few leadout attempts last year.

Edit: Didn't take long to dial in the leadout.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 6, 22 9:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
eb wrote:

Some of that is on Evenepoel, but at least from my couch spectator position, not all of it. Team's gotta be ready to follow the power moves to the front. Reminds me of MdVP's first few leadout attempts last year.

Yeah, they nailed it today! Little brother took a great pull to bring them to 1km. Was impressive how he destroyed the competing train on the other side of the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice bike!

Less than 3 weeks until the Omloop/KBK opener gents!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
eb wrote:

Totally agree. They should've known who was up there and been ready to jump. Which is not to say that Remco doesn't need to work on his race smarts.

Little Maggie Sheffield is fun to watch. Jay Vine is looking ready too. Alberto B is taking things seriously as well.
Last edited by: McNulty: Feb 7, 22 5:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Lots of Vino for one team

Last edited by: marcag: Feb 8, 22 11:44
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe's Twitter response to this video--"I haven't mustered the courage to watch yet"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There will be no sexy time for any of those guys as a result of that.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any reason for me to go further than the 37 seconds I made it? I get that just winning bike races doesn't pay the bills anymore, but this is a social media jump too far for me.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched the entire video. Sort of fun and entertaining. But given the baggage associated with Astana, it was a little like watching a Michael Jackson video these days.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
Is there any reason for me to go further than the 37 seconds I made it?

No, the only entertainment value is watching respected veterans trying, and mostly failing, to hide their burning desire to be somewhere else. Like Mat Hayman doing "Call Me Maybe."
Last edited by: trail: Feb 10, 22 8:14
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Skippy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skippy74 wrote:
Joe's Twitter response to this video--"I haven't mustered the courage to watch yet"

rest assured, he's been duly thrashed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:
Is there any reason for me to go further than the 37 seconds I made it?

No, the only entertainment value is watching respected veterans trying, and mostly failing, to hide their burning desire to be somewhere else. Like Mat Hayman doing "Call Me Maybe."

At least the Orica guys were merely lip-synching

Now if you want full-on cringe (you've been warned, don't click play)

-----------------------------------

And speaking of OPQS (or whatever they are known this year), it seems that Cav renewed his contract?
Quote Reply

Prev Next