Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laporte's move was masterful. But it looked like Wout hesitated while Jakobsen never took his foot off the gas. No way anyone's catching up to him in that scenario.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol and youve only seen a small portion. Bikes and guitars are an issue! I still know how to play those songs too! Amazing what stays stuck in the meat computer through the years.

Still, Sweet Child on repeat can shove it!
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like today is a WvA stage. 3 for 3 from JV it's feeling like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://cyclingtips.com/2022/03/polish-team-sacrifices-calendar-to-transport-ukrainian-refugees/

Great read on a Polish team sacrificing portions of their race calendar to use team equipment to transport refugees. There are so many shite storylines in sports, but this is not one of them.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Bikes and guitars are an issue!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good for them, may they be rewarded with success when they return to racing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“Remember me?”
-Mads Pedersen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With Stuyven doing a good lead-out

Really likeable duo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
“Remember me?”
-Mads Pedersen

That was a savage false flat sprint. He was out there for a looong time, but no one could even come off his wheel, much less attempt a pass.

Good to see signs of life from Sagan over at TA.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 8, 22 9:59
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, he doesn't have flat-out speed but is tough in hard finishes with long sprints.

Hopefully a sign of things to come for Sagan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Hopefully at little less party and more focus on recovering form after covid will yield old Sagan (or a somewhat reasonable facsimile).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Agreed. Hopefully at little less party and more focus on recovering form after covid will yield old Sagan (or a somewhat reasonable facsimile).

I was going to break up with Peter but I think he can still make something of himself some day, so I'm hanging in there.
5.5 hours today and not an easy profile toward the end so it is good to see him right there. He got some good team support as well.

McEwen is a good mix with Kirby.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McEwen has always been great. Don't know WTF his former employers were thinking with their "change of direction."
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TT day. Can't wait for the show, even if it is a Jumbo show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seems that maybe Sagan didn't start this morning ?? hope I'm wrong about that
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
confirmed now
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sagan-out-of-tirreno-adriatico-with-fever-and-stomach-problems/
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan has had a rough go of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was not ready for Simon Yates to put that ride in on the TT. Impressive! It looked as though he was going to take down Dennis there at the end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder why Arkea is running there aero bottles so high up on the downtube? Surely to realize any positive benefit it needs to be lowered as far down as possible to the BB. At least in any testing I've done. At best they have a zero gain there with that mounting placement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yates’ ride is the most surprising of day. He’s really the only GC guy with any shot, even if it’s remote.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Yates’ ride is the most surprising of day. He’s really the only GC guy with any shot, even if it’s remote.

Was good by Yates. I wonder how many more variations on the podium sweep Jumbo-Visma can do.

Good job by the Ewan in Italy, after the bonkers 4-man break attempt. Didn't see Cavendish near the front at the finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Was good by Yates. I wonder how many more variations on the podium sweep Jumbo-Visma can do.

Good job by the Ewan in Italy, after the bonkers 4-man break attempt. Didn't see Cavendish near the front at the finish.

Something about sprinting on cobblestones (albeit ones that are laid evenly) really freaks me out. Impressive that they all can manage to go so steady.

And agreed about the bonkers break attempt. Opener efforts, perhaps?
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
trail wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Something about sprinting on cobblestones (albeit ones that are laid evenly) really freaks me out. Impressive that they all can manage to go so steady.

And agreed about the bonkers break attempt. Opener efforts, perhaps?

McEwen et al were very good today. Snoozefest for most of the stage, the banter was funny and informative. They even discussed McEwen's unique "super" naturale technique on the bike.
They were very funny regarding Soler and the bonkers break. We've (in the state's) come a long way from hacking our way in through Steephill onto feeds while dodging malware. GCN is nailing it. I hope they make a buck and stick around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
We've (in the state's) come a long way from hacking our way in through Steephill onto feeds while dodging malware. GCN is nailing it. I hope they make a buck and stick around.

Lol I don't miss those days streaming races via Tiz... some of those ads that would pop up - yikes! Now I can actually watch cycling with my children in the room. Thanks GCN!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to see Remco attack on Bellante and TT this home. I think that is his only chance (even still not likely). Otherwise I think we see a select group with Pog leaving them for the win.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Mar 10, 22 4:54
Quote Reply

Prev Next