Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scrolled through some his tweets/retweets...I can understand someone having the opinion that they don't really want to get vaxxed, especially how quick it was available, Big Pharma has always acted with integrity and the interests of the public in mind....but I don't get what motivates someone, who appears to have average to above average intellect, to go full tin foil hat and put it out publicly for all of us to see....is it just a grift for him....spout the approved talking points and hope someone gives you a spot on the grift trough?

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [moneydog59] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno, I think we tend to overestimate the intellects of pro cyclists, since they don't fit the "dumb jock" stereotype we might associate with football or hockey players. And to be sure, there are plenty of thoughtful, intelligent riders in the peloton. But there are a lot of morons too. There are also plenty of seemingly smart people who have fallen into COVID conspiracy pit... I'm not sure what the explanation is - they may have had bad experiences with the medical establishment, or they've found acceptance/comfort in a group.

Back to the topic at hand though... Aussie road nats this weekend, which over the past few years has been a pretty entertaining race. I'll take this as the start of the road season, even though we're a ways off from opening weekend. Be fun to watch proper road racing again,
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As someone who spends a lot of time with pro cyclists, I agree. People who think railing a corner downhill at 90 kmh don't have much to offer usually.

Australia nationals should be a good watch which reminds me to pivot and ask, is George B riding the Kiwi nationals?
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe he's not on the team camp because of races in NZ so I assume he's in for Kiwi nationals
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few posts back, we were talking about rabbit holes.

Well, the investigative look into the demise of Qhuebeka certainly fits the bill...

https://cyclingtips.com/...re-tale-of-nexthash/
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

Well, the investigative look into the demise of Qhuebeka certainly fits the bill...

Oof.

At least we're not tennis: GvA; "I'm definitely in favour of vaccination, I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm some kind of Djokovic."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

Iain Treloar is a treasure. I always look forward to his pieces.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Truly a bizarre story and thoroughly good read.

Why the hell was McEwen fired from SBS? Is it really as simple as wanting cheaper commentators? Eurosport should hire him right up.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
echappist wrote:

Oof.

At least we're not tennis: GvA; "I'm definitely in favour of vaccination, I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm some kind of Djokovic."

Greg's first attack of the season. Clearly he is in fine form.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
trail wrote:
echappist wrote:

Oof.

Based on every attack he's done since 2019, it's likely the only one this season that will stick..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a picture/ad for dildos in my cycling story that are not pop-up SPAM. Now I have seen it all.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
trail wrote:
echappist wrote:

Oof.

Based on every attack he's done since 2019, it's likely the only one this season that will stick..

lol! True
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
There is a picture/ad for dildos in my cycling story that are not pop-up SPAM. Now I have seen it all.

We need to get your browser setup for better privacy, non tracking, etc. My guess is you obviously saw it from the NextHash article. All that trash can and should be blocked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
WannaB wrote:

We need to get your browser setup for better privacy, non tracking, etc. My guess is you obviously saw it from the NextHash article. All that trash can and should be blocked.

I took it to mean the opposite.

There is a picture of a phallic massage device in the article, and the inclusion of such a picture is unexpected, b/c they most often appear unsolicited (e.g. spam ads).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
WannaB wrote:

Clear Browsing History
Clear Browsing History

Haha. No, like echappy said, it is actually woven into the actual story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. One of my extensions is blocking that from it loading or my server firewall is blocking it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Interesting. One of my extensions is blocking that from it loading or my server firewall is blocking it.

My bad, i should have noted that the article may not be completely sfw

That said, if your extension knows to block such an image, whether due to content of article text or via reverse image look up, that’s quite the algorithm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Cyclingtips is going to now owe us some royalties, cause we are certainly generating clickbait
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a lovely article and a great read. None of it bothered me. In fact, its like some weird Joe Exotic cycling trainwreck. It is just filled with shadiness from NextHash.

Running ABP, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, NoScript extensions, typically on Gentoo Linux systems and my netserver at home is running here on an Open BSD server with custom firewall rules. All of that said, I think it might be that this was an Ad that was sent to you via google analytics because of the words in the story about said sex toys and that is why I am not seeing it load. The other is that we have different rules in the EU about tracking and cookies. If you have a VPN and log on to an American site from Europe (UK in my case). You are prompted with entirely different tracking and cookie prompts when sites load and its possible something there prevents me from seeing anything. I suspect though its the adblockers.

I'm guessing the image you see is in this spot of the article? I am loading every other picture from the article (I think). And I am 100% certain I am not explicitly preventing adult content.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The web element in question is neither an ad (at least an ad per se) nor an image file. It's actually a link to a facebook post authored by what appears to be a "marital aid trade publication" (so kinda like embedding of a twitter post).

On Mozilla with AdBlock, the element is rendered only when I sign into cyclingtip (I have a subscription). When I'm not signed in (whether with or without VPN to the UK), the element is not rendered. For whatever reason, I can see it even with VPN to the UK, while I'm signed into cyclingtips (may just need to clear the cache though).

On Chrome (without AdBlock) and with VPN to the UK, the element is never displayed, even when I sign into cyclingtip.

Personally, I'm a bit miffed when publications import elements from Meta / Facebook. While loading of the element did not result in the creation of a corresponding facebook cookie, this ought to have been a screenshot with an in-line text link.
Last edited by: echappist: Jan 19, 22 8:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is very agitating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Movistar is announcing The Least Expected 3 on Movistar +, their own subscription network. I would assume it will be Spanish only, but we shall see. I think it releases in 6 weeks or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, saw that. Too bad - hopefully it ends up on Netflix eventually. I was looking forward to this season (especially the end).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder how long Froomey keeps at this? I know he has the monster contract, but it has to be frustrating to experience yet another setback (knee issues; out until March).

What I don't get is how he was a serviceable domestique at the Vuelta for Skineos upon his return and this completely go backwards at ISN.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been a long, cold winter. Glad that it’s time to ease back into racing tomorrow and a little more seriously next weekend.
Quote Reply

Prev Next