Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
... Read a good piece about Campanaerts and how they’re ready to f*ck sh*t up this classics season.

That was a great interview with Campenaerts. It will be interesting to see if Lotto can have a decent classics season this year - it definitely sounds like they will be racing aggressively.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom Dom looks serious again.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He looks ready to go. Giro should be a good race.

Pog looks ready to uncork one. One of ‘21’s lasting memories is him detonating Lombardia from way out, more or less pulling for 30k and and then waxing No Masnada. About as impressive a ride as there is. If he has more of that…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In other news, Lefevre gave himself a new nickname.

“I am Patrick without fear. We are ‘the Wolfpack’ – the rest should be afraid of us,†Lefevere told Het Nieuwsblad earlier this month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
In other news, Lefevre gave himself a new nickname.

“I am Patrick without fear. We are ‘the Wolfpack’ – the rest should be afraid of us,†Lefevere told Het Nieuwsblad earlier this month.

When Patrick The Fearless has to tell other people they should be afraid of his team, he has a problem. :) When people are truly afraid, you don't have to say a thing. The predicted Wolfpack lineup for Omloop is only medium-scary.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 22, 22 11:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
trail) [font Arial wrote:
IT'S OMLOOP WEEK!![/font]

Now that's something you won't hear them yelling down at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Always pulling for Peto who I bet shows up ready to roll. With this team and some luck maybe one more PR is possible. He's got some hole punchers; Turbo Turgis, Boa Hag, Dan Ossification. Maybe even Nikki T. They'll be ready to ride for him, no?

Team Quick Step (Your Name Here) will still do what they do. van Wildman (6th in Provence) an Ardennes type? A young Phil Gil? Can he Strade the Bianche? Otherwise QS still loaded for sure though a healthy Kick Asgreen would seal the deal.

Sheff Magnus is on the start lists for Omloop, KBK, and PR. That is some banging for a 19 year old.

Peto sure hasn't looked great this year.

Ineos has a nice Classics team. I'm glad that Sheffield is getting some rides in these races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
He looks ready to go. Giro should be a good race.

Pog looks ready to uncork one. One of ‘21’s lasting memories is him detonating Lombardia from way out, more or less pulling for 30k and and then waxing No Masnada. About as impressive a ride as there is. If he has more of that…

Tom D did look awesome.

Pogs ride was even more impressive because his descent was terrible.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peto could well play the joker during the classics. The team has some talent--maybe not Grade A--but not far off the collective strength of Third Person Patrick's team, and arguably with a better closer when on form (Peto).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Sheff Magnus is on the start lists for Omloop, KBK, and PR. That is some banging for a 19 year old.

Pretty excited to see what Ineos brings throughout. Pidcock's sophomore campaign. Maybe MSR if he can go with a Poggio attack? Ganna in good form, worker bee early on, peaking for PR.

Happy to be the Pick'em Registrar again this year. Rules reminder to follow.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a great grace today. UAE nails everyone with the Sky Train for a win. Plapp and Ganna both with huge rides. Powless with a nice result and great work by the Bissile until he cracked at 7 km to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great stage. Can’t remember seeing a lead out like that on mountain top finish but once again Pog takes care of business. Clearly he wasn’t at best but still handled the sprint.

Ganna… that guy is crazy. Loses TT but rides to 2nd GC???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I should know this, but I guess I'm not certain. For all of you USA guys who followed Powless progress, does he have potential to ride GC for a Grand Tour? He certainly has been amazing in attacking roles and some one day races. He's got the TT, but is a 3 week GC attempt a bridge too far? I guess I don't know where EF intends to take him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
So I should know this, but I guess I'm not certain. For all of you USA guys who followed Powless progress, does he have potential to ride GC for a Grand Tour? He certainly has been amazing in attacking roles and some one day races. He's got the TT, but is a 3 week GC attempt a bridge too far? I guess I don't know where EF intends to take him.

I would guess a bridge too far. But he seems to be the late-developer type, the guy who comes into his own in his mid-20's vs. some of these guys who come out of the womb in full send.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems so. Vaughters loves to hype the next great American GC rider, but Powless looks like better off with one-days and stage hunting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree and I hope he continues to get the freedom to ride that attacking style of his. I think he could realistically top 10 (towards the back end of that) a GC if he went for it, but that just seems to be a waste when he can take one day races and stages.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a great stage!

I would've loved to see Ganna take the leader's jersey, but he just missed out. He started the day 11 seconds ahead of Pogacar. Pogs took most of that back with the ten-second bonus. The commissaires had a 3-second split between Vlasov and the 2nd group. Kind of a close call, but I think they were right in calling a split.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope El Tractor's el corazon is OK long term. He'll be missed this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea on when he actually is coming back? I didn't see if it indicated if it was just opening weekend or if it were more than that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vlasov is looking like a week-long stage race killer. Good pickup for Bora.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Any idea on when he actually is coming back? I didn't see if it indicated if it was just opening weekend or if it were more than that.

Nothing concrete, but the CN article makes it sound like he could be back in a few weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Yeah, Vlasov looks good. He couldn't come around Yates but was right on the wheel. And covered a lot of moves on the way.

I am having a really hard time getting used to all the new jerseys this year. Watching the lead group today, I kept thinking "Who's that Bora dude?", followed by "Where the hell is Vlasov, I don't see any Astana jerseys?" Does anybody make a set of flash cards (dating myself severely there).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My early season form in team spotting is similarly rusty.

Philipsen is quick— that was about as fast a sprint as there is.

Solid heads up riding from Pogacar in crosswinds, then again to take a couple seconds in intermediate sprint. His team was nails getting him back to front after late puncture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phillipsen is not only quick, but is showing us his TT and 10 minute power is superb. Alpecin Fenix looking great per usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Yeah, Vlasov looks good. He couldn't come around Yates but was right on the wheel. And covered a lot of moves on the way.

I am having a really hard time getting used to all the new jerseys this year. Watching the lead group today, I kept thinking "Who's that Bora dude?", followed by "Where the hell is Vlasov, I don't see any Astana jerseys?" Does anybody make a set of flash cards (dating myself severely there).

Women's cycling is the real nightmare with jersey spotting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Women's cycling is the real nightmare with jersey spotting.

I know! Good luck trying to sort out SD Worx, UAE (women), Canyon-SRAM, and Human Powered Health in a sprint bunch. From the aerial shot it's just a giant blob of orange-reddish fade.
Quote Reply

Prev Next