Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poor Higuita - he looked like he was about to fly to the finish going away!

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ClayDavis wrote:
Covi's looking great.

Yeah, I thought he was doing a Dan Martin, but he went to the well 2-3 times for re-accelerations. Well done.

And then sat up for a nice, cool, composed, finish line pose. Then collapsed. #skillz

Nice attack.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sheffield!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the peloton will take notice and not let him take another flyer like that. What a great win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There’s a new Magnus in town. And he did it with the savvy of a 7-year pro.

And Jakobsen looking better than ever.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

That was clever, wasn't it? Do a little gap closing duty prior, so driving to Kamna doesn't ring any alarm bells. Parlay that into the "casual attack" over the top of Kamna. Then suddenly it's a 5-second gap and everyone's looking around for the Other Guy to close the gap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clever and some crazy 1k power to stick that at any age, let alone 19.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He certainly passes the gam check. He has already shown this year his race acumen. He knows where he needs to be to do his job and has done it well for his team...that was before his great move and win yesterday. Great to see these young talents not only coming in with incredible fitness, but prowess as well within the peloton.

Ruta del Sol queen stage has been interesting so far. Already multiple GC hopefuls have been popped off and missed the front group. Lopez has looked very strong even without a great team. I'm thinking he is going to take today. Poor Covi is out of it already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just realized MAL has a few teammates as well up the road. Maybe the Astana contribution is better than I originally assessed.

You guys know Magnus? I don't recall where he is from in the States, but did he come the Hagens Berman Axeon?
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

You guys know Magnus? I don't recall where he is from in the States, but did he come the Hagens Berman Axeon?

Not personally, but I've seen him race at Valley of the Sun and a few other places. I think he's from the east coast somewhere.

He's the one who set up Quinn Simmons for his Jr. Worlds victory, and from what he did in that race, I've always felt he was at least Quinn's equal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember that ride he did for Simmons. USA bossed it that day.

The race is on fire now. Yates is throwing down some serious firepower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Yates is throwing down some serious firepower.

But ended up playing himself. :) (though things can change)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep! The joys of bike racing. This chasing group better not let Lutsenko and Poels get much further. They are killing themselves.

Lutsenko is looking mighty strong to this season thus far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thankfully the racing has been great today. The wife is on a girls trip and I have a sleeping baby on the other side of the cave while I try to knock out 3 hours.

Last edited by: turdburgler: Feb 19, 22 7:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice! (for indoors). I'm about to head out the door for a 2-3 hour opener ride before geezer-crit racing tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Did not expect Wout to boss it from the front of the sprint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell yes Wout! Couldn't happen to a better guy.

And yeah, outside owns indoor all day, but the Neo on a big rocker plate is an awfully nice option when I am on dad duty. We've got the weghts down here too, with an endless pool and a treadmill so there are options at least.

Good luck on the crit. You have bigger balls than I do (and a bigger sprint I bet!).
Last edited by: turdburgler: Feb 19, 22 7:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Wow! Did not expect Wout to boss it from the front of the sprint.

Nor did I. I would take Lutsenko in a sprint over him almost any day, especially after getting Wout in an vulnerable position up front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

And Jakobsen looking better than ever.

Little Maggie, showing once again that Magnus is the greatest name in cycling.

Joe may Lantern Rouge the TT today. They initially thought his pelvis might have been broken. Hard crash.

Nairoman is on fire for early on. Is he planning a classics campaign? Wellens ran him down but Nairo did a nice job given he had a Belgian Beast after him.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn I hadn't heard Joe's injuries might be that severe. Here's hoping for the best.

I love an in form Nairoman and it is great for cycling. What an exciting climber. He has a history the past few years of coming in hot at the beginning of the season when he is healthy. Last I heard he said he still had another go at winning the Tour in him. Unclear if he was indicating this year or in the future, as this year will not be good for him at all based on the TTs.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Feb 19, 22 7:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's from a suburb of Rochester, NY

He's been a beast for a couple years now and looks ready for a huge step up.

He's from the same suburb as the 5th place finisher at the 2022 Cyclocross Worlds for Junior men, Andrew August, son of an old friend of mine

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool. You don't end up on Ineos unless you have some special potential. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a GT this year. Hopefully the Vuelta. He could be a great engine for a GC leader.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somenone should ask Evenepoul if he thinks they should ban TT bikes. Taking a minute out of Kung is crazy for a GC-ish rider. I bet the guy has a CdA in the low 0.17 range.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a crazy strong TT from Remco.

In other racing, Caleb Ewan is looking awesome ahead of Milan San Remo. What an awesome ride he did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whats the best bet, paid subscription, for watching the spring races?

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next