Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
I want to see Remco attack on Bellante and TT this home. I think that is his only chance (even still not likely). Otherwise I think we see a select group with Pog leaving them for the win.

Ganna is the patron saint of large riders. Move over, Big Maggie.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
I want to see Remco attack on Bellante and TT this home. I think that is his only chance (even still not likely). Otherwise I think we see a select group with Pog leaving them for the win.

Surely Eros Poli? Started climbing Ventoux with a 25 minute lead, got that whittled down to just 5 at end of stage
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, what happened to WvA? 13 minutes down is quite a lot…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
McNulty wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

Surely Eros Poli? Started climbing Ventoux with a 25 minute lead, got that whittled down to just 5 at end of stage

Yes The greatest "sprinter's climb".
Eros, le Tractor, Magnus, Kluge, Hayman love watching these guys work.

Strong move by The Eskimo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Sepp gets up to Quinn, Durango will lose its collective mind.

US riders flexing bigly in Europe today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“I got this. Ok, byyyee.”
-Pogacar
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
“I got this. Ok, byyyee.”
-Pogacar

The Velvet Hammer.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
If Sepp gets up to Quinn, Durango will lose its collective mind.

US riders flexing bigly in Europe today.

Yeah, over in the other race it was Matty Jo almost getting to McNulty. That would have been cool too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

He and the team beforehand planned on him not going deep and taking some stages easy. That was planned today, but he admitted that Arkea drilled it, he started thinking too much and decided that was the time to let go. Smart. He doesn't need to do what he did last year at Tirreno-Adriatico for second place when a prize is up for grabs at the big events.

Just refelecting on Rohan yesterday and boy what a mega ride. When he is in the right headspace and pulls one of these rides of (ala Giro for Tao) his work capacity is truly staggering. Tony Martin probably sat up to admire that effort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has seemed to find his best role as workhorse doing a ridiculous amount of hard miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
echappist wrote:

He and the team beforehand planned on him not going deep and taking some stages easy. That was planned today, but he admitted that Arkea drilled it, he started thinking too much and decided that was the time to let go. Smart. He doesn't need to do what he did last year at Tirreno-Adriatico for second place when a prize is up for grabs at the big events.

Just refelecting on Rohan yesterday and boy what a mega ride. When he is in the right headspace and pulls one of these rides of (ala Giro for Tao) his work capacity is truly staggering. Tony Martin probably sat up to admire that effort.

Good to hear. Didn’t want it to be yet another case of the stomach flu
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist]! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TotalEnergies rider stays away at P-N. What a great ride ! and his first win
BURGAUDEAU
Last edited by: heyMartin: Mar 11, 22 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist]! [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
BURGAUDEAU

The ProTeams strike back today! Great ride by Barguil in Italy as well.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man, I thought today's finish at Tirreno looked familiar (looks like the one where Sagan outsprinted a bunch of climbers in 2017).

Then I checked, and indeed, same finishing town, with the same nasty kicker ~4km from the finish.

I've been watching too much cycling...
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist]! [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
BURGAUDEAU

The aerial shot only followed WvA, Mads, and Coquard, figuring they'd catch him ... which they did; one bike-length or so PAST the line

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

The aerial shot only followed WvA, Mads, and Coquard, figuring they'd catch him ... which they did; one bike-length or so PAST the line

Which feed were you watching? The Peacock one did a great job at following the "The Other" Mathieu. And also how they kind of screwed up the chase, e.g. the peloton inexplicably not following the Jumbo rider (Laporte?) who had to then sit up.

Meanwhile for Evenepoel, Taddy Po, Wine Garden (or whatever we decided that was): "You are no longer on the fastest route."

ETA: I wonder what's going on with Olivia Ray. Kicked off the Human Powered Health roster, deleted all her personal social media accounts, including Strava. Fun rider to watch, hope it's nothing serious.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 11, 22 12:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/quote]Meanwhile for Evenepoel, Taddy Po, Wine Garden (or whatever we decided that was): "You are no longer on the fastest route."[/quote]
Haha. Good one.

The marshalls did not seem to be marshalling. Or maybe Remco was being Remco. Italy......makes me excited for the Giro.

In any case, happy for Warren "Argy" Barguil. Class rider. Real ass bro. (Don't know what the French translation for that is.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ass bro? Not sure I want to know that one haha

It was a great win for Wawa. Regarding Remco, I think it looks like the course officials proper screwed it so he is absolved in my mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pog didn't place any blame on Remco after the stage - said they all knew a right was coming, but the arrow placement didn't make it clear it was that one and they were going to fast by the time they could see it.

As for that little descent, I thought Pog and VG would attack hard and get off Remco's wheel. He is a suspect descender and some of his lines on that little section were not ideal. Granted it was short and they likely could not have gotten away very far, however it would have really put the pressure on Remco to push down the hill and wasted a little extra energy by his white knuckling it.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I do agree with you on that tactic for the second point, I have to say Pog does not particularly impressive me as a descender. Lombardia last year was a great example of a win in spite of his poor descending. Attacking Remco in that manner could be equally bad for him, though not for Vino.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Which feed were you watching? The Peacock one did a great job at following the "The Other" Mathieu. And also how they kind of screwed up the chase, e.g. the peloton inexplicably not following the Jumbo rider (Laporte?) who had to then sit up.

Meanwhile for Evenepoel, Taddy Po, Wine Garden (or whatever we decided that was): "You are no longer on the fastest route."

ETA: I wonder what's going on with Olivia Ray. Kicked off the Human Powered Health roster, deleted all her personal social media accounts, including Strava. Fun rider to watch, hope it's nothing serious.

Hopefully the rumours about what led to this are untrue, otherwise she is F'd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

What rumors??!! (PM/email if you're not comfortable propagating them here).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Remco is other level bad though. Did you see Pog ripping the descent to get away at Strade? Some of that was perhaps nerves/luck over skill I guess, but at least some level of bike handling involved. No way Remco is on his level and then if Vino took the front it could have made Remco very uncomfortable.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

What rumors??!! (PM/email if you're not comfortable propagating them here).

How high are the stakes when steaks are involved?

I hope the coded message is clear as mud :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
How high are the stakes when steaks are involved?

I hope the coded message is clear as mud :)

NOOOOOOO!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next