Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on your races I'm going to guess you are in the States. I'd suggest GCN Race Pass and a VPN will get you everything all year pretty much.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thx tb, yes in the u.s. - did try the vpn thing last year and failed.

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twilkas wrote:
thx tb, yes in the u.s. - did try the vpn thing last year and failed.

So far the VPN option has worked in the US for GCN Racing. They are partnered with Eurosport which previously locked down both the US VPN and payment options.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job by Poels. Jack Haig refers to him as 'DJ Breadsticks", which cracks me up.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Somenone should ask Evenepoul if he thinks they should ban TT bikes. Taking a minute out of Kung is crazy for a GC-ish rider. I bet the guy has a CdA in the low 0.17 range.

What he has been doing in the lead out train for Quickstep is crazy. He pulls for 2K and they can barely hold his wheel. His CdA is low but he is must also be putting out some impressive watts.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [arenarob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah watching him blow Lampaert apart while he was leading out was insane. He was so strong he screwed the train up a bit, but thankfully Jakobson is looking stronger than ever and could still take the sprint.

Remco just looks beautiful on a TT bike. I sometimes wonder if he gets the power out better in that position.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Nice job by Poels. Jack Haig refers to him as 'DJ Breadsticks", which cracks me up.

Wout was joking about his breadsticks on the Gerant Thomas podcast last year.

Remco did 392 watts AP for his TT today, which is the exact same power he did at the '21 World ITT (except he did it for 10 minutes longer at the World Champs). Good ride indeed.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alpecin Fenix has the most enviable position in cycling as a team. They get invited to everything, can turn down races as they wish and when they show up they are always in the mix. Another great win for them at the UAE Tour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sheffield looked great again today with his 4th place on the stage. I'm chuffed that Wout took GC. Here's hoping for a nice season with some more of his own results.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Feb 20, 22 12:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, something for everyone. Good to see Bora finally get something after so much aggression in the past month. DJ Breadsticks showed grit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nairoman killed it again today as well and really railed that descent. Wellens put up a great fight too. Glad to see he is back to his best after a rocky half of a season last year. In fact, its good to see Lotto with some great results and positive momentum. They need the points.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Except look at the difference in his position: https://www.velonews.com/...hing-the-algarve-tt/

In theory, he peaked for worlds TT while you’d think he isn’t close to his best this week. So that position is not only faster but could be enabling him to make more power in it as well.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to know his CdA. That position is noticeably different and clearly fast AF.

Agreed on him not being in peak yet. That said I wish my early season form was over 6.4 w/kg for 38 minutes haha. I'm on great form for me at the moment and I'm still missing over 1+ w/kg on that effort!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I read he had just gotten that TT bike setup a few days before this race and so had ridden it like once. Bodes well for once he gets settled, dialed and with time on that bike.

Re: Nairoman... who'd have predicted that he would break away decisively on a descent? He's in cracking form and is racing aggressively, and I'm stoked to see it. Would love to see him really dish it out in a grand tour this year.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
I think I read he had just gotten that TT bike setup a few days before this race and so had ridden it like once. Bodes well for once he gets settled, dialed and with time on that bike.

Re: Nairoman... who'd have predicted that he would break away decisively on a descent? He's in cracking form and is racing aggressively, and I'm stoked to see it. Would love to see him really dish it out in a grand tour this year.

He has form on this. 2014 Giro

Speaking of which, goodness, I feel old. That's eight frigging years ago!
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. That seems so recent.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, watch the UAE Tour from yesterday at 50.6 km to go. Pogacar is on camera cooling himself down with a water bottle and notice the camera operator is fixed on him, so he rides up and squirts Majka down the back of the shorts. He starts laughing and when Majka doesn't even react or notice, he really cracks up. It is quite a funny moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw that. Pogacar seems to have it all, physical and mental, to continue his dominance. He seems to have fun on the bike which is key for this hard sport.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [stonerider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell of long range sprint for Cav this AM.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [stonerider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pog vs Remco at Tirreno will be an awesome showdown.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bam Bam sure tried to land some nice body blows to soften him up.

ETA: And watching this am, jeepers UAE has built one heck of an army
Last edited by: WannaB: Feb 21, 22 7:48
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enough with the GC training camps.

IT'S OMLOOP WEEK!!

What is everyone going to do about WvA and his now-pretty-legit classics team?

Will QS Alpha Vinyl have strength in numbers without an obvious big star, and Asgreen apparently not on all cylinders yet after a COVID deal.

Is Sonny Crocketelli going to pick up where he left off last year?

Is Sagan, still young on paper, going to have a rejuvenation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hit damn that got me all fired up; and I have to wait until Sat (sigh)
FloSports has it here in US and I watched 'finding Farmer Paterberg as a warm up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail) [font Arial wrote:
IT'S OMLOOP WEEK!![/font]

Now that's something you won't hear them yelling down at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Always pulling for Peto who I bet shows up ready to roll. With this team and some luck maybe one more PR is possible. He's got some hole punchers; Turbo Turgis, Boa Hag, Dan Ossification. Maybe even Nikki T. They'll be ready to ride for him, no?

Team Quick Step (Your Name Here) will still do what they do. van Wildman (6th in Provence) an Ardennes type? A young Phil Gil? Can he Strade the Bianche? Otherwise QS still loaded for sure though a healthy Kick Asgreen would seal the deal.

Sheff Magnus is on the start lists for Omloop, KBK, and PR. That is some banging for a 19 year old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 'Loop is always interesting since we have the guys we know are on form (Wellens, Lutsenko, Coquard), the guys coming off cross season (WvA, Piddles) and then the unknowns... Stuyven, Colbrelli, Sagan etc. Excited to see how it all plays out.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saturday can’t get here soon enough.

JV is stacked. Read a good piece about Campanaerts and how they’re ready to f*ck sh*t up this classics season.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Feb 21, 22 17:44
Quote Reply

Prev Next