Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I kinda chuckled when GT, CF, RB and TD were all riding next to one another, on a single line, and were chatting.

That was an epic moment, would love to know what they said.

Reports that Nabili has a broken vertebrae due to crashing into a police moto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was funny. And fortunate for Nibali.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't look good for Nibali, possible vertebra fracture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I kinda chuckled when GT, CF, RB and TD were all riding next to one another, on a single line, and were chatting.
While pushing 500 watts.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [sjn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to get into this race. It's hard when you've got Sky with five world beating guys starting the Alpe while everyone else is (fairly) isolated... I just feel that we've seen this film before. I can appreciate the excellence Sky is demonstrating. I can appreciate that Sky never seems to have bad days. I can appreciate the professionalism. Froome winning the Giro and then showing up (basically) fresh as a daisy for the Tour? Amazing. Still the creeping sense of the inevitable, the way Sky strangles the life out the race, the total incompetence of all of Sky's competitors... after a decade it's getting really old.

I actually like GT a lot and hope he does well. People who are surprised by his GC success have forgotten that he's been very high in GC before late into the race. He's not a week 3 guy, though. Froome is a week 3 guy. I'm still calling this for Froome. Hoo-fricken-ray.

/sorry for the wet blanket post
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought running through my mind today was what if TD hadn't done the Giro and was 100%? Maybe he is--right now--and it'd be the same. He's on terms with Froome and very, very close to GT absent a kick, which he probably doesn't match on best day.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are almost watching the Giro replay out again, except this time in order to win yellow he's got to get rid of his own teammate, who's riding exceptional well atm. Maybe too well, who knows. But I think that atleast brings a new wrinkle, as I cant remember Froome is actually chasing a teammate who's in yellow after the half way point in the mountains. Yes he's had super badass teammates in past, but none that played out to this specific scenario where "leadership" is certainly up for debate just in terms of GT barring disaster will go into last few stages of Tour in yellow.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when will they finally stop hyping Quintana as the next untouchable climber. The last several years have been like watching paint dry with him sitting on and not taking a risk. Just stop, it's not going to happen just because Phil & Paul want it to. It's going to take more than one big day before anyone should take him as a serious contender. The Tour is a whole different animal than the Giro and Vuelta.

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Me too! I thought for a second they will pop a champagne and roll backwards down AdH
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
Francois wrote:

Me too! I thought for a second they will pop a champagne and roll backwards down AdH

Maybe they tagged it as "Group ride with buddies" on Strava (except that Froome went straight to the bus after the finish and looked pissed...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nibali abandoned.

Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Francois wrote:

That was an epic moment, would love to know what they said.

Reports that Nabili has a broken vertebrae due to crashing into a police moto.

Hey you gonna attack?
I don’t know. How are your legs.
Dead
Dead
It’s only 2k more we can do it.
Roman, don’t even try attacking. I’ll reel you back in.
I thought you said your legs are dead?
Hey, where is Nairo?
Looking at Bernals ass right now.
Ok guys, photo moment is over and we all got 30s recovery. Race you all to finish!!
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry S. wrote:
when will they finally stop hyping Quintana as the next untouchable climber. The last several years have been like watching paint dry with him sitting on and not taking a risk. Just stop, it's not going to happen just because Phil & Paul want it to. It's going to take more than one big day before anyone should take him as a serious contender. The Tour is a whole different animal than the Giro and Vuelta.

He is the Colombian TJVG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hey, where is Nairo?
Looking at Bernals ass right now.

Bwahahah :D
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry S. wrote:
when will they finally stop hyping Quintana as the next untouchable climber. The last several years have been like watching paint dry with him sitting on and not taking a risk.

Quintana attacks as much as anyone else, including today. He went all-in several times last year against Froome. Not all of his attacks are successful or last very long. So criticize him for not being the greatest climber in the field. But he tries as much as anyone.

[2017]

Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, I go back and forth on that. NQ is a good rider.

the trouble is the TV blah, blah, blah hype machine. if they could just let the guy be GOOD it would be fine. he tries. you don't have to hype him. so he's not as good as a 4-time TdF winner. who is?

honestly, the biggest difference is the lack of doping. (it stopped in 2006). guys can't go nuclear like they used to. they put in human attacks. like mortals. and mortals fail.

[end rant]
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [P McCatty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, that sucks. Hopefully he recovers for Vuelta, smashes that and goes on to win worlds.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
letour.fr wrote:

Kristoff wins the bunch sprint
Result of the intermediate sprint at Saint-Quentin-sur-Isère, km 71:
At 1’45’’:
5. Alexander Kristoff 11 pts
6. John Degenkolb 10 pts
7. Peter Sagan 9 pts

Green Jersey Standing after Stage 12
1 P. SAGAN 339 pts
2 A. KRISTOFF 129 pts
3 A. DEMARE 106 pts

so that's good. Kristoff is 2 points closer to Sagan. nail biter.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kristoff finally won something in this year’s Tour.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jul 20, 18 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Comcast needs to grab a shotgun, take Phil and Paul behind the woodshed, and put them out of my misery and promote Robbie and Keenan. They make the NBC Gold purchase more than worth it.

Carry on.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today's stage is a gigantic zzzzzzz. It's a glorified group ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.sbs.com.au/...nd/video/11819587988

not sure if that works but its what us aussies use
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the choice, I watch the ad-free version 100% of the time just for Robbie and Keenan.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boring stage rant day.

NQ has 2 GT's....and 9 World Tour GC wins overall.............but he still sucks

Really hard to listen to crap about him when 90% of the World Tour guys (all freaks) would give their left nut for half of his palmares... ...anyhoo

Froome blows. I've been surfing around and I haven't heard anything from him along the lines of:

"GT is a legit GC contender......my teammate has yellow and I'm going to help him protect it....."

These are things a good teammate would say and occasionally maybe even give him a wheel to follow. Someone said he was riding "clean up behind GT so if GT had a mechanical or other trouble, Froome would be there to help. Good one......

Sure, GT may falter and The Alien has 6 GT's already but there is a way to ride for someone else and be encouraging I haven't seen it. If GT had Froome's wheel once in a while to follow maybe he wouldn't. Having a teammate in yellow in the wind because, well, he's eventually going to pop anyway is bullshit. A classy teammate would be all in for his guy in yellow until he wasn't, strategy be damned. You protect yellow as a team.

Thomas is saying all the right things about "Froome" not "Chris" his teammate. (Froome could be on another team from the sound of it.) But gay-ron-teed he's privately saying eff him, I'm riding for the win. And I'm betting his team wants to ride for him before Froome.

Set me straight on this.Have I missed Froome being gracious in the press or a good teammate? I'll admit, I'm kinda looking for a reason to trash him. Maybe he's a great guy and has never cheated. Naaaaw.

I like the concept and passion of a real team and a well paid collection of talent is not team, even if they kick your ass. I used to hate the Yankees too. Rant over.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [sjn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan again.

*Leads classification by 742 points*
Quote Reply

Prev Next