Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Whitesg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends if I need to breathe going up hill. I have a pretty aggressive aero position, but live in a hilly place. I tend to ride the aero pads when going up hill as shown here. (Believe it or not... this is a hill i was climbing.)

Last edited by: TriSliceRS: Oct 25, 13 17:26
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not a half bad idea! thx alot !

Jonathan, fellow triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried drilling the top plate for cabling from above as in the pic?

I'm thinking that as the gear cables comes from the extensions above, it would be a nicer route for them (I currently use Nokon to get the bend to the side). You would also get a better line of the wire in the stem as it do not have to do the 90º turn in the plastic guide inside. Should make for better shifting?!

Worth a little off-season project? :-)
(would although require re-routing the gear cables, ouch!)

Secteur Pave wrote:
Did anyone else notice the cable routing? ???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a scott plasma 3 but the frame geometry of the cannondale slice rs as shown in your picture seems to be damn near perfect for my style. Nice bike! I need to switch.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [p3eriksson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I havnt been I have seen the insides of the 2014 fork. Under that to cap is a different looking beast to the 2013 I assume you have. I don't see why you couldn't do it with the current fork but there is a different cable guide coming to sult the newer setup

p3eriksson wrote:
Anyone tried drilling the top plate for cabling from above as in the pic?

I'm thinking that as the gear cables comes from the extensions above, it would be a nicer route for them (I currently use Nokon to get the bend to the side). You would also get a better line of the wire in the stem as it do not have to do the 90º turn in the plastic guide inside. Should make for better shifting?!

Worth a little off-season project? :-)
(would although require re-routing the gear cables, ouch!)

Secteur Pave wrote:
Did anyone else notice the cable routing? ???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm into the drilling thing on my wife's Slice RS as her short stem and tall aerobar position makes a lot of sharp bends. So far I'm experimenting with Nokon cables but it seems to me that the teflon tubing makes a lot of drag to the cable and I used plenty of oil :-) Right now, the RD doesn't work properly so the project is not finished yet.

Others that have experience with Nokon cables on the RS? I'm thinking about cutting the teflon tube to let the cable run "free" inside the down tube to decrease the amount of drag and the let it return to the teflon tube underneath the BB before entering the chain stay.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [MrSommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now we're at the topic...

I consider the use of an alternative cable routing for the last part of the rear brake cable. It seems to me that the final sharp 90 degree bend that follows after the cable exits the flexible housing really increase the cable drag and consequently one need to put the brake arm springs on maximum tension as well as tighten down both adjustment set screws in order for the rear brake to release properly when the cable meet just a little bit of real life dust and grime.

I've been thinking about replacing that last section with Nokon cable or maybe a longer flexible noodle kind-a-thing similar to the one used on eg. the Shiv standard brakes. This could prevent the sharp bend, but I'm worried if that solution will but way to much tension on one of the brake arms, where the standard solution puts a 45/55 percentage? Can this make it impossible to center the brake and align when the brakepads touch the rim?

Any input?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any news or comments on the 2014 RS lineup ???
I see they have new brakes ... Windshadow SI ... Has Anybody see these new brakes ??? Better than the old 2013 Brakes ??? Easier to work on or adjust ???
Tx sc
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [SuperMegaWatts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperMegaWatts wrote:
Any news or comments on the 2014 RS lineup ???
I see they have new brakes ... Windshadow SI ... Has Anybody see these new brakes ??? Better than the old 2013 Brakes ??? Easier to work on or adjust ???
Tx sc
if this is true, i am going to ask my shop if i can switch these out... i am getting pretty tired of the '13 brakes. The rear one is behaving, but the front is still refusing to pull away from the rim after the brake is applied. I've sanded down the pads, so that it only needs to come off by 1mm... but too many times i'll get off the bike, spin the wheel and hear a rub. When the wheel is off, and the noodle off, each side has a lot of tension (to pull them 'out')... but somehow when the noodle is attached things slow down. Hard to explain, but certainly the most troubling aspect to the bike.

Edit... btw... given how proprietary this braking system is, I can't imagine there is a new brake. But I might be happy to find out otherwise.

Last edited by: TriSliceRS: Jan 11, 14 8:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pave? Other self- wrenchers?

So.... In my travels to my IM event, my OEM SRAM TT brake levers were damaged. Nevermind, I wanted to upgrade to the Shimano DA Lever/Di2 shifters anyways...

So, i've completely striped down the bike, removed the aerobars, base bar, stem, crank... but the one thing i've 'lost' in the process is the brake cable housing inside the stem area that goes to the bottom bracket... So my question in the image below.... See #4... the 'internal HT guide'... Did this guide have the housings attached to it? i.e. for the FD, RD, RB?... (Of course in my case - Di2, it would have only been the RB... Btw, I think the terminology for this brake housing liner is a "seal liner" (?)... because it is NOT a typical 5mm brake housing).

So anyways... it is now flapping around inside the narrow/dark crevaces of the fork... What do I do next? Hmm... I can pull this brake housing out of the BB area, and then re-thread it from the bottom. But getting the housing cable to come up the down tube and turn up 45 degrees through the tiny #4 is kind of tricky!!

So. Questions.
a) was the skinny brake housing attached to the #4 guide?
b) what do we call this skinny brake housing, so that I can get some more of it? Teflon tubing? (see #7?)

Of course, I am hoping for a few of things out of this winter project. a) a new affinity towards the wrenching of this bike, b) improved brake performance, c) wonderful shifting from the bullhorns, and d) cleaned up cabling.

Last edited by: TriSliceRS: Feb 23, 14 7:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [SuperMegaWatts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperMegaWatts wrote:
Tx for all the support ... Cannondale should give you a stipend :-)
I'm recabling the rear brake .... Long story ... And it involves the vbrake noodle and the liner (which was cut way too short at factory)

My ???

The old cable is still in ... Can I attach a new cable to the old cable At the top SOMEHOW and just remove the old cable thru the bottom thus threading the new cable thru the top cable guide and headset bearing area ???? Sounds too easy :-)

Tx in advance for replying ...

SC
SC? What did you end up doing? See above... I am in the same boat.

Quote | Reply
Ahh? Is this the liner http://www.bikesonline.com/...eejbwCFQtBQgodaVIAQQ

Quote | Reply
Took the bike to the shop and figured it all out. I worked out that there isn't a sleeve for the down tube. And had to take the fork off to see the cable guide. Well, didn't want to stick around, so the bike is in even more pieces, but at least I think I know what I am doing! And... I got some of the tube liner.... So alls good.

And. I ordered me a Mtn bike. Yeah. (Scalpel 29 carbon 2)

Quote | Reply
I just bought a slice RS and I'm also having problems with the seat post slipping down can anyone give me a suggestion on how I can fix this if you had similar issues with the RS ??h
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Triman75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triman75 wrote:
I just bought a slice RS and I'm also having problems with the seat post slipping down can anyone give me a suggestion on how I can fix this if you had similar issues with the RS ??h
In Reply To:

See above... you aren't the only one... PM maverick and see what he figured out. All i can say is make sure the angled cams are 'wedging out' correctly to be able to push the seatpost forward.

Mmaverickk wrote:
But I have a question about the Cannondale Slice RS seat post. Not about it's look. I actually kind of like it because it's unique. It turns people's heads and makes them do a double take. I think that's a good thing. But I own the Cannondale Slice RS Hi-MOD (not the DI2 version). I have had it for about a month, and I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with the seat post slipping down and not staying at the proper height? I rode 80 miles today and stopped 4 times to pull the seat post back up to proper height. I have been having this issues for basically the entire time that I've owned it, though it took me a few weeks to notice that I was actually sitting lower than I should've been (was drastically losing power!) Anyone have this issue? Am I the only one? Cheers!

Quote | Reply
TrisliceRs Thanks for the info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got the Harmin Vector pedals for my bday and the Vision Trimax crank arms are to big to fit the pedals. I'm now looking for crank options, but what kind of cranks fits the RS? You can't put an adapter in there because of the carbon/Di cables?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [aalveng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that might happen... (And everyone was wondering why I went with the quarq elsa... which I am about to install...) You've searched for BB30 cranks? I wonder if the SLK BB-30's would fit... or the Cannondale Hollowgram?

Quote | Reply
I haven't really searched for anything, have no idea what i'm looking for :/ Will all bb30 cranks work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a Slice RS, you've got BB30...well, OK... I think they seem to be calling it a PF30 these days ... (press fit)

Quote | Reply
How can i post a picture of my vectors on my crank. I also ride a Slice RS ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But do you have the Vision Trimax crank? Can't imagine how you've been able to get them installed correctly.

So basically I can buy any bb30 crank?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them on my Slice RS and I have the Vision crank but I only installed them a couple days ago my power output is down by 80 watts so I'm guessing myself on if its the Vector or me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I have the Cannondale Hollowgram SiSL crank arms, black 172.5mm length crank on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a comment I haven't seen mentioned on the skinny seat post: Comfort. C'dale's marketing talks about it being for aerodynamics, but I bet if you talk with the engineering team, they'll say comfort. See the Velonews seatpost review, "Getting the most from your post" http://velonews.competitor.com/...rom-your-post_267560

I'll say this, aero seatposts may look cook, but they do not absorb vibration

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next