Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice routing on the front brake. Makes me want to drill a hole in the Argon18 E-118 fork & hide the front brake cable.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSliceRS wrote:
My 2013 Cannondale Slice RS Ultegra Di2 just arrived home. It did take a couple of days for the bike shop to set it up - it's fiddly. I didn't think of the traveling issues. I'd post pictures, but I am new to this forum, and don't know what the protocol is (i don't have my own site to link an image from - if someone has an FAQ, i'd enjoy that). I have always ridden 60cm Cannondale bikes, and this one is of course a 58cm. So far the fit looks good, with plenty of adjustment. More to follow...

Dang...I have one on order. I hope my shows up soon. Enjoy yours!!!

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Badass bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies.

I have since done a few klms on this bike and I'm liking it more and more. Even did a 4.5hr ride and a few 3hr rides. I'm very impressed with the ride compliance. Smooth as the old 2011 HiMod Slice I used to own. Still amazed at how low the front end is but doesn't seem to bother me once off and riding.

Has anyone got there Slice RS yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been thinking about this more, as it's what drives me nuts about the Argon18s...

Where is the stop for the front brake cable? If the housing somehow goes from the basebar to the inside of the fork, I'm having a hard time picturing how that TRP brake functions & where the housing/cable stop goes..
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not a TRP Brake. It's Cannondale own brake. All cables run thru the head tube not to be seen again.

The blk inc bike has carbon brake arms the ultegra and ultegra di2 have alloy brake arms. I'll get a pic of the brake from behind so you can see how it works. Very simple yet clever design. Giveme a few hhours to get to the shop and set up and I'll post up a pic.
Last edited by: Secteur Pave: Jan 4, 13 13:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Front brake from behind. Showing small brake noodle coming from head tube

Cable exit on non drive side. If you were really keen you could cut the cable right on the bolt.

Cable entry above headtube

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
if you buy a SLICE RS get a Scicon bag so you can trabel without having to pull down the bike....

I checked out the Scicon site. Thanks! Which bag are you thinking? A soft bag --Travel plus triathlon? It looks like this allow the handlebars to stay on ...even the saddle... but remove the wheels...

http://www.sciconbags.com/...ravel-plus-triathlon

I can't figure out yet whether we need the frame, or if that's a good add on.

Or would an aero bar equiped tri bike fit in the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA bag without removing the bars...

Last edited by: TriSliceRS: Jan 7, 13 7:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the designers did a great job and when it came to designing the seat post they gave it to the interns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We use the Aero Comfort and bike will fit with seat and aero extensions still in place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriSliceRS wrote:
Secteur Pave wrote:
if you buy a SLICE RS get a Scicon bag so you can trabel without having to pull down the bike....

I checked out the Scicon site. Thanks! Which bag are you thinking? A soft bag --Travel plus triathlon? It looks like this allow the handlebars to stay on ...even the saddle... but remove the wheels...

http://www.sciconbags.com/...ravel-plus-triathlon

I can't figure out yet whether we need the frame, or if that's a good add on.

Or would an aero bar equiped tri bike fit in the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA bag without removing the bars...

I've got the AeroComfort and my XL Shiv fits in pretty easily. I did have to loosen the stem faceplate and pivot the bars down as I have fairly long arms, but that didn't phase me too much. Depending on your cable routing, pivoting the bars down could be difficult, however.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I generally like Cannondales a lot, but I still have a hard time with the post and top of the seat tube.
I also wonder if the alu matt black vision front end would look better with the matt black frameset.
Nice bike, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [trexleradam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies - a little off topic... I have the older Cannondale Slice Hi-Mod. This was the top of the line one at the time of purchase, but is currently in the process of being warranted. Does anyone know how the Cannondale warranty process is (so far they've had my bike for three weeks) and if there is any opportunity to upgrade to the Slice RS (I know they still make the older frame too).
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [Aspo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
...I did have to loosen the stem faceplate and pivot the bars down as I have fairly long arms, but that didn't phase me too much. Depending on your cable routing, pivoting the bars down could be difficult, however.

Ok, thanks! I like the look of that AeroComfort, especially the internal frame. I'll look at doing that one. The bar ends are adjustable lenghth (and Di2) so perhaps moving the bar ends in, or removing for the flight would be an option.

lmbasell wrote:
... I have the older Cannondale Slice Hi-Mod.... in the process of being warranted. Does anyone know how the Cannondale warranty process is... (I know they still make the older frame too).

I think this is going to come down to your shop and your local rep.

Last edited by: TriSliceRS: Jan 7, 13 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [lmbasell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lmbasell wrote:
Apologies - a little off topic... I have the older Cannondale Slice Hi-Mod. This was the top of the line one at the time of purchase, but is currently in the process of being warranted. Does anyone know how the Cannondale warranty process is (so far they've had my bike for three weeks) and if there is any opportunity to upgrade to the Slice RS (I know they still make the older frame too).

I have been waiting almost2 YEARS for a replacement frame from Cannondale. I had a Hi Mod (cracked two) as well. I have been following this thread to see when others received their frame. I would stay on your shop/rep as much as you can.

Thanks for the reviews of the RS so far...
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [joshjan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two years??!! I was advised it would take up to two months (which I'm happy to wait as I have another TT bike). What is their excuse on delay?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriSliceRS wrote:
My 2013 Cannondale Slice RS Ultegra Di2 just arrived home. It did take a couple of days for the bike shop to set it up - it's fiddly. I didn't think of the traveling issues. I'd post pictures...

Here are pics of my new Slice RS. I rode on the trainer last night, to begin to dial in the fit.

Quote | Reply
where's the battery for the shifters? chainstay?
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The battery wheel fairing device. :-)

Quote | Reply
Looks great! Did the shop leave the Di2 junction box out in anticipation of the shifter/brake levers coming out later this spring (which require a different junction box)?

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
Looks great! Did the shop leave the Di2 junction box out in anticipation of the shifter/brake levers coming out later this spring (which require a different junction box)?

Yes, that's exactly right. I am waiting for those TT brake lever/Di2 shifters. I first heard that Dura Ace and Ultegra were going to be 'merged' to one "TT brake lever/Di2 shifter" offering sharing the same new Ultegra wiring connections. My local bike shop says late Feb, and "only available in DA"... for $500 msrp!!!!!! (gulp!).... once that comes and is installed, perhaps things will clean up.

Quote | Reply
Very nice! I like the red stripe down the middle of the top tube and down tube. So much so that I like it more than the matte black
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. Di2 bike looks great awesome graphics. Really works well.

I notice no risers on the extensions........ you must be flexible. .. great work.

I didn't like the vision graphics on the chainring against the matte blk frame so here's what I did.

The big question is though do I leave the green C or not?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
...I notice no risers on the extensions........ you must be flexible. .. great work.

Well, now that I got on the bike, the saddle had to go up a lot, and I've added one set of 20mm risers. I am going out to ride now - there is still quite a drop!

Hmm... temperature only 22 degrees. We'll see.

One minor snag... The brake shoes on the bike are shorter than the Grey Swiss Stop pads that came with my 2012 Zipp 404 Firecrest wheels. I'll have to see if Swiss make a Zipp compatible short pad. (Interestingly enough, the front pads are 5cm - i.e. normal, but the back pads are shorter - i.e. 4cm)...

Quote | Reply
looks like they finally got rid of the stupid seat adjustment design that the previous slice had. Ive never encountered such a difficult task just to change the tilt of the seat. ive never understood the thought process behind it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next