Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [iaing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I've got two frames back. One is on the road. The other is still in the box. Its my bike so gets to wait til every one else is sorted :-o

I put some pics on the other thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my slice rs back today from the recall check.... All good... they did replace the fork due The shop noticing a couple of hairline cracks.... Can't wait to ride it again... And Oly race it this weekend! Leadman in two weeks! 138 miles to ride the slice!

Quote | Reply
Has anyone replaced the brake shoes from the stock cannondale ones to something like a Shimano/sram brake shoe? So I can use one set of carbon pads on the road and TT bike??

http://stuartwalpole.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [stuartaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.

Front slide right in. Rear are shorter so need to be cut down. I also shaved a set down (thinner) so wider race wheels and shaved down pads stopped me having to adjust the brakes to suit.

Much more easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried replacing the pad houseing/shoe the small silver part with the bolt though it to something other than the cannondale one on the rear so you don't have to cut down the pads?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No.

Will have to check but not sure if longer one will clear the frame
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
No.

Will have to check but not sure if longer one will clear the frame[

Cheers that would be amazing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just make life easy on yourself and order the carbon specific pads...

http://www.cannondale-parts.de/...roducts/%22KP294/%22
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ParisCarbon wrote:
Just make life easy on yourself and order the carbon specific pads...

http://www.cannondale-parts.de/...roducts/%22KP294/%22

Agree.

And no the normal size pads and holders wont fit on the back, they hit the frame.

I built another one today, so hada play around while going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had issues in my oly race last weekend with a rubbing sound coming from the front brake area. Turned out it is the hanger rubbing against the top of the tire surface. I plan to switch to a more worn set of pads so that the brakes calipers can be set tighter to the rim, and this will allow the hanger to clear. This is for wide wheels like my 808's (you wouldn't have an issue with stock wheels). You can't do this by backing off the calipers, since the wider the calipers, the less distance there is to the hanger.

Quote | Reply
Despite the pain you all have endured with this bike, I'm really thinking about getting a 2014 model. (A big factor is that I can get a good price & I'm a brand loyal kinda guy-have 4 currently) Care to comment on the positives of the bike and your opinions to prospective buyers? I'm under the impression that the 14 models will have issues resolved.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSliceRS wrote:
Got my slice rs back today from the recall check.... All good... they did replace the fork due The shop noticing a couple of hairline cracks.... Can't wait to ride it again... And Oly race it this weekend! Leadman in two weeks! 138 miles to ride the slice!

I have a great opp to buy a slice rs black second hand at a good price. And I really would like to go ahead. However -even beyond the recall brake plate problem- there seem to be sufficient issues surrounding this bike, such as the one quoted above or the apparently very delicate cable routing that I'm getting cold feet.

So my question to all you RS experts is: Should I go ahead or look for another less problematic bike?

Chris, as you own one and seem to have put together quite a few, I'm obviously very interested in your most truthful unbiased opinion...
Tks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [gloupsi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gloupsi wrote:
TriSliceRS wrote:

I have a great opp to buy a slice rs black second hand at a good price. And I really would like to go ahead. However -even beyond the recall brake plate problem- there seem to be sufficient issues surrounding this bike, such as the one quoted above or the apparently very delicate cable routing that I'm getting cold feet.

So my question to all you RS experts is: Should I go ahead or look for another less problematic bike?

Chris, as you own one and seem to have put together quite a few, I'm obviously very interested in your most truthful unbiased opinion...
Tks in advance.

If the geometry of the bike fits you and you are or have access to a good mechanic get one. They are seriously a great bike to ride. Very smooth (compliant) and very fast in a straight line.

They are very aggressive so don't corner as good as some but are still pretty good.

Yes they are fiddly. What super bike with integrated brakes isn't. I have managed to find it easier having different brake pads for each wheel I have them shaved down to accommodate the different width of wheel much easier then trying to adjust the cable on the brake. I personally don't like the super wide wheel sets on them. In my opinion 25mm would be as wide as I'd go. Any wider and the brake pads need a spacer removed making it hard to go from a training wheel with say a 21mm rim to 27mm what ever wheels you go try to have racing and training of a similar width.

As a last thought. I don't think this is a only bike I own bike. I'd always want a road bike aswell

Now did I mention these things are fast n smooth.
Last edited by: Secteur Pave: Sep 24, 13 2:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriSliceRS wrote:
I had issues in my oly race last weekend with a rubbing sound coming from the front brake area. Turned out it is the hanger rubbing against the top of the tire surface. I plan to switch to a more worn set of pads so that the brakes calipers can be set tighter to the rim, and this will allow the hanger to clear. This is for wide wheels like my 808's (you wouldn't have an issue with stock wheels). You can't do this by backing off the calipers, since the wider the calipers, the less distance there is to the hanger.

Interesting. I never had this with my blk inc that came stock with the 808FC. Have you removed the spacer behind the brake pad and the brake arm? Was the brake noodle thingy cut to the correct length it may be a few mm long making the hanger hand a touch low. It's a close fit but shouldn't touch. I even managed to squeeze 25mm tyres in mine for training thru the wet season. :-o

Not the best pic. But here she is with dirty rotten 25mm MAXXIS Detonators they fill out almost like 28's ha ha. Looks terrible like this imo but it got me through the wet season on the way to IM Melbourne

Last edited by: Secteur Pave: Sep 24, 13 14:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thks a lot.
Buying it. And yes I do own another road bike.
Best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you keep the small metal pin in the brake pads?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently experiencing this issue, but I can't seem to get the noodle to sit center. Every time the brake is applied it pulls the noodle across too far from center and starts rubbing on the tire wall. Got any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Whitesg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what you mean. You got a pic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
front or back brake? The fix is different depending on which one.

Quote | Reply
Front
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm taking a guess and saying the grub screw has come out to far and lost its spring tension needing to be reset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok... That's the tricky one. You have to make sure the spring tension on both sides is set up so that the calipers hit the rim an the same time. But the speed and throw on both sides will not be even. I ended up sanding down one brake pad, because I needed to keep that side closer so the noodle didn't rub. Let me take a photo later today, and try to explain better.

Quote | Reply
TriSliceRS wrote:
Ok... That's the tricky one. You have to make sure the spring tension on both sides is set up so that the calipers hit the rim an the same time. But the speed and throw on both sides will not be even. I ended up sanding down one brake pad, because I needed to keep that side closer so the noodle didn't rub. Let me take a photo later today, and try to explain better.

REALLY....... Ive never had an issue with the front brake. spring tension is important but its not hard to set up. The rear is a bit more fiddly. You can if all else fails just run the outer cable from the brake lever all the way down to the brake. Not the prettiest but it makes it a lot easier especially for the rear. Ive never personally done it but the owner and other mechanic of the shop has and it seemed to work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey ! getting a good deal on this Slice rs Ultegra ! for us triathletes, and as beeing my frist tri bike, does anybody have dificulty climbing with it since the basebar is so low ?

Jonathan, fellow triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [JODIRT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing you wont get used to. Yes it's super low but you'll get used to it after a while.
Quote Reply

Prev Next