Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [lmbasell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(a bit of humour, please) A sugestion to change the Forum Title " GOT-OVER THE SEAT POST- OFFICIAL CANNONDALE SLICE RS THREAD....:)
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmorris (Cloudburst Summit)Post #5 of 5 (170 views)Nov 15, 12 11:31Re: Slice RS windtunnel data? [Givingchase] [In reply to]Quote | Reply

I saw a preliminary release of a yaw sweep from 0-20 degrees of the RS vs the P4, Shiv, and Speed Concept. The RS was 40-75 grams better across the board compared to the P4. Up against the Shiv and SC, the RS was about 40 grams ahead at 0 degrees, had a 20-30 gram lead at 5 degrees, lost by 50-75 grams at 10 and 15 degrees, and was once again ahead at 20 degrees. Sorry, that was all I was able to remember to write down after seeing it.

I didn't see anything about the tunnel setup, protocol, etc. From what it looked like, Cannondale is preparing to release something along the lines of a white paper at some point, but I don't have any info on when that would be.

Keswick Cycle

Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [LEGSTRONG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LEGSTRONG wrote:
A reply to my self-->> THIS IS THE DEAL I WAS LOOKING FOR!! ( all thumbs up, from my side)

http://cycling-passion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Cannondale-Team-Bikes-2013.jpg

The New CANNONDALE PRO TEAM (ex-Liquigas) machines!!

The new Vision aerobars on the team issue Slice RS fit nicely with the frame. Narrow is aero :)
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the Maxime "Narrow is Aero"- but i'd add " Only for the Fast Ones!" !
(since the Yaw, or angle of Incidence is LOW)
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [LEGSTRONG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed. To earn myself a Slice RS I need to get hella faster ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered my Slice RS back in August. Was supposed to be here in NOV. Getting ready to pull the plug and order a SHIV. Was really looking forward to the Slice, but can't wait any longer...
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [tridawg72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered mine in July.... It came the day after Christmas! I agree, I can't believe the wait, or understand why they wouldn't be cranking more of these out. What does your shop say? Do they have an eta?
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Di2 in stock and am riding my blk inc. What size are you? Where are you from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriSliceRS wrote:
Secteur Pave wrote:
...I notice no risers on the extensions........ you must be flexible. .. great work.

Well, now that I got on the bike, the saddle had to go up a lot, and I've added one set of 20mm risers. I am going out to ride now - there is still quite a drop!

Hmm... temperature only 22 degrees. We'll see.

One minor snag... The brake shoes on the bike are shorter than the Grey Swiss Stop pads that came with my 2012 Zipp 404 Firecrest wheels. I'll have to see if Swiss make a Zipp compatible short pad. (Interestingly enough, the front pads are 5cm - i.e. normal, but the back pads are shorter - i.e. 4cm)...

Did you find carbon specific pads for the rear brake? I just realized the pads for the rear brake aren't normal Shimano fit brake pads. Thanks!

-ete

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
Few more Slice RS pics from Aus

If that's a Hed Stinger Disc, how did you get the rear brake to work with the wider rims? Thanks!

-Pete

Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rear brake works with my ZIPP 808 fiercrest perfectly and there a very wide rim. I used Shimano fitment Swisstop pads with the tail cut down a bit. Although the blk inc bike comes standard with ZIPP cork pads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had ordered a medium black with red.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My shop in GA talks with the rep once a week and I still don't have a delivery date
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
Did you find carbon specific pads for the rear brake?

The shop said that Cannondale should soon have the shorter carbon specific pads available for order...
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [tridawg72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridawg72 wrote:
My shop in GA talks with the rep once a week and I still don't have a delivery date

Really sorry to hear of your delay. But keep waiting. Awesome bike. ...... if it fits you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For anyone who has wider rim wheels (eg, the newer Hed Stingers), I got the brakes to work with them tonight. There are 4 spacers for each brake pad. I used slimmer carbon brakes pads (eg, KoolStops) and a couple of spacers and now the brakes work great with the Heds. You might also need to play with not only cable length, but also spring tension. I can understand why this bike isn't easy to wrench. I have lots of experience with weird Tektro brakes, which helped me figure out these.

I did my first race on my Slice RS on Sunday. Far from my ideal position, but I was impressed with the handling. Much better than I would have thought for a bike with no steerer...:)

Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. And I think you'll find the bikes come with a shorter T bolt if you remove a few spacers in and around the brake pads.. I have my one running firecrest rims and another waiting for delivery running the t42 vision rims (much narrower) both function great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious what everyone's Slice RS's are weighing in at. I understand this isn't the lightest frameset, but a little shocked when mine came in at 9kgs. That's pretty much stock Di2 with Hed Stinger PT Disc and a Stinger 9 front. I'm used to my TT bikes being 18-19 lbs. with race wheels, so this seems heavy to me. Then again, on a flat course, aero matters the most...:)

BTW, I think I could drop weight with the basebar and crankset.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't help with the rest of the bike, but if its ULT Di2, that, and the wheels are all pretty heavy. Fast but heavy.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blk edition is listed as 7.6kg mine is 8.2kg with pedals and cages etc.

Here is a Di2 we have sold waiting for delivery

Last edited by: Secteur Pave: Feb 26, 13 3:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a cracking looking bike in green and white. It's prompted me to look at the Cannondale site. Really nice to see a geometry table which includes pad stack and reach highest/lowest and shortest/longest values.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Zipp, for including the valve extension in the kit with the new 808's! Right after I spend whole evenings researching the best way to deal with the lack of 100mm valved tubes. Here's the Di2 with 808's. And enough spacers to make me look like Wiggins. I got a fit the other day, and this still puts me in a pretty low position (back angle around 19%).

Secteur, I'll have to refresh your instructions on moving the washers on the brakes to the outside (or removing them altogether...), I definitely need more space with these wider wheels. That's going to take a little more time than I had today.

Last edited by: TriSliceRS: Feb 4, 13 5:45
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll get some pics in the morning. Raced a long course 2/80/20 on the weekend. Had a great ride on the Slice RS and a consistent solid run (for me) bike is amazingly smooth and compliment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of any special deals/discounts currently being offered on the bike? Also, would it be possible to order a white/green frame instead of the white/black and matte black?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [JSong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure where you live...but the sports basement in the SF Bay-Area carries them. You can use their 20% coupon that gets handed out now and then. Brings the cost to $4000 before taxes (I believe)
Quote Reply

Prev Next