Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultegra Mech, I will build it to 90% then get the head mechanic to finish off the brakes ect.
Yeh wouldn't know where to start without that cannondale booklet, are you just using the one on the web?

http://stuartwalpole.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also the FSA web store only ships to the USA, what store do you work at I might give you a call there?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [stuartaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you bought it new from Cannondale Australia ring them up and tell them it's missing parts. They will source them for you.
Last edited by: Secteur Pave: May 29, 13 18:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They don't have any, they will invoice me the cost. Just trying to track some down.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tx
That looks good !!!
Like the way you secure it to the cable guides
That will work for me as well
Tx
Sc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tx for all the support ... Cannondale should give you a stipend :-)
I'm recabling the rear brake .... Long story ... And it involves the vbrake noodle and the liner (which was cut way too short at factory)

My ???

The old cable is still in ... Can I attach a new cable to the old cable At the top SOMEHOW and just remove the old cable thru the bottom thus threading the new cable thru the top cable guide and headset bearing area ???? Sounds too easy :-)

Tx in advance for replying ...

SC
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [SuperMegaWatts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to put the rear brake to the stiffest spring setting.. can someone tell me what size wrench I need on that 12 pt nut??
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha I was waiting for this question a 10mm 12point socket will do the trick

Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [SuperMegaWatts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperMegaWatts wrote:
Tx for all the support ... Cannondale should give you a stipend :-)
I'm recabling the rear brake .... Long story ... And it involves the vbrake noodle and the liner (which was cut way too short at factory)

My ???

The old cable is still in ... Can I attach a new cable to the old cable At the top SOMEHOW and just remove the old cable thru the bottom thus threading the new cable thru the top cable guide and headset bearing area ???? Sounds too easy :-)

Tx in advance for replying ...

SC

I think I know what your wanting to do. If I'm thinking right id say NO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you sir!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ParisCarbon wrote:
Thank you sir!!!!!

Your welcome. Just a thought.

When setting up the brakes. Do not unwind the grub screw past flush with the brake arm. If you do it will allow the spring tension adjuster thingy inside the brake am to slip past the grub screw. Then it will require the arm to be removed and reset.

Same for both sides. DON'T UNWIND PAST FLUSH WITH THE BRAKE ARM. ......

In the below pic the grub screw is out to far.

This pic the grub screw is as far out as it can go before the spring tension thingy inside slips past. But it will go in around 10mm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What water bottle/ Aero bottles are everyone using for there slice RS? and where have you mounted them?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using the Arundel Chrono primarily for training and longer TTs. The Chrono cage is nice, since the dual mounting holes allow you to get it close to the bottom bracket. I've got an Xlab Torpedo mount that I haven't tried yet, but am using Zipp Vukas and not the stock Visiontechs.

-Pete

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just zipp tied a cage under the seat and one between the bars. I did have a torhans bottle on the frame but decided to go the clean look.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few more pics of the bottle placement I use.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know anything about this?? I just got an email from my shop who is getting my missing parts:

Subject: Important Tech Issue Notice Slice RS

Sales,
An issue with the braking system on the Slice RS has been identified and a corrective action program is being put in place. This will require we stop all shipments of this model until the resolution/fix has been finalized. This will also require that all consumer units be returned to the Dealer. We are actively working on a resolution and should have answers by early next week.
Dealer Service has started the process on contacting all participating Retailers to inform them of the need to have all units sent back to Bedford for re-work. We will be offering consumers an AHA credit for the inconvenience and Dealers will be reimbursed for labor. We will keep you informed as more information becomes available.

Last edited by: ParisCarbon: Jun 6, 13 18:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm curious what the braking issue is. I've had no problems. I also have my bike registered with Cannondale and haven't heard anything. These brakes work just as well as any of my other linear pull brakes...they actually stop better then some of the TRP aero brakes...

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno.. there is nothing on the recall section on the Cannondale website either...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must admit to stop the rear brake from rubbing i used a small piece of rubber to create more of a gap between the chainstay and the u-shaped removable cover piece (the one that holds the battery on the Di2 bike. I thought I had a picture of my 'horrible hack', but I don't. I'll post one soon. I'll also contact my shop. 3 weeks until my first Tri of the season, so I am not sure I want the bike taken away from me.

Quote | Reply
Not sure about any of this.

Nothing official from cannondale over here.

My brakes are awesome. Very strong. They only slow you down anyway ha ha ha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cannondale recall will be made public within the next week or so. The problem appears to be the bonding between front brake and the front folk. I have had major issues with my front brake since i received it. It looks like they are working on a solution, but they could replace the frames with the 2013 frame that should be released in August. This recall appears to only be for the Black RS.
Last edited by: stewbeme: Jun 7, 13 14:18
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [stewbeme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called Cannondale this aft and they told me all Slice RS in general and that the frame/fork would need to be sent back via your local bike shop... there is nothing with the actual brake.... they told me it would be a 3-4 week turn around from the time they got it, so I wouldn't think there'd be a 2013 frame involved... I asked if I should remove all my parts from the bike.. they told me basically whatever is sent down will be sent back.. Im stripping mine down to nothing....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am based in the UK and got a call today and just checked out the thread.

I have been told a 6-8wk turnaround and that Cannondale are sending across a Slice 105 to ride across the duration of the hiatus.
Sounds like a £3500 bike with £2000 wheels wasn't my greatest investment of 2013.....I am a little annoyed, right in the middle of the Tri season and UK Summer.....cannot wait to get the bike back to use on the cold, wet, bleak Autumn and Winter!

I am thinking of requesting a 2013 frame and they can keep their current crock!

http://www.gsterb.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [GsterB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If this is so serious, why is there not a recall notice on their website yet....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [GsterB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also trying to get some info from Cannondale Aus, nothing so far you havnt already heard. Nothing official to report.
I can say I have built a few of these and none have had brake issues, well none have come back reporting any.
I have personally owned two Slice RS my first was the Black Inc and now the Di2.
Both are in my opinion FIT for Purpose, thats not to say a batch or two wasnt.
Im sure when the proplem is identified and a fix for it is available it will be taken care of as fast as possible.

If i hear of any news I will keep you updated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next